Returning player need help

Ally-Code: 462-786-712
Link to swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/xpimpslapperx/collection/
Coming back to the game have no idea what I should focus on. I would appreciate some guidance! Thanks in advance

Replies

• Options
    I'm a fairly new player but the current meta is a Jedi Training Rey (L) team. I would focus on farming the needed teams for her and BB8
  • Options
    If I were you I would start farming Phoenix right away, and get any CLS event toons ready for the next time around. Events you will want to focus for are:

Thrawn
    R2D2
    BB8
    RJT

Once you have Thrawn you will be able to get R2 easy peasy. And with Thrawn you can get Chimera, the best capital ship in the game as of yet, but that is another event you will need ships for.
  • Options
    I would heavily advise you get 7* farmboy luke and get him to gear 8/9. also I would gear up your vader and pal to gear 9/10. take royal guard to 8. get r2d2 and then work on phoenix for thrawn and when cls comes back around I would get hima s he is great for most if not all aspects of the game.
  • Options
    I don’t know why people are all “farm Phoenix”... like look at his available toons before saying that.

Work on building up a strong Empire team so you can get R2 next time his event comes around. Also build up a rebel squad with Old Ben, Stormtrooper Han, Princess Leia, and Farmboy Luke. Once you have R2, you should be able to get CLS if you build them up. OldBen is already well built so just make sure you get everyone else built up.

Farmboy Luke and Princess Leia are who I’d work on asap considering who you have. They’ll be key to get CLS.

As for Empire, you have Palpatine and Darth Vader, and Tier fighter pilot nicely built up, but develop them more. Royal guard needs to be built up more if you want to use him to soak up damage. I would also get Magmatrooper since he can take turn meter away, kind of like Tarkin can with his AoE. If you mod magma with tenacity he can build up a ton of turn meter when he resists a debuff.
  • Options
    I don’t know why people are all “farm Phoenix”... like look at his available toons before saying that.

Most see Phoenix as a way to get Thrawn, a good member of the empire squad to get R2.
    But if they looked at the current roster, they already have 5 empire at 7*, and with a few gear upgrades and some better mods, probably capable now for R2.

Phoenix would be a help, only for Galactic Wars, and special missions at this point. I'd also back burner them for a short while, and would encourage to farm for better mods as well.

But eventually everyone wants Thrawn.
  • Options
    People, myself included, highly recommend Phoenix for starting players because it’s easily the highest “return on investment” you can possibly make in the early game.

Outside of Hera and Ezra they are all farmed from different stores, meaning you can get them starred up very quickly, they unlock 2 “free” Empire characters, have 2 solid ships(both required for the best Cap ship in the game), make GW easily clearable starting very early, have dual/triple tags so you’re working 2 Jedi at the same time, are required for LSTB, and can carry you through Arena until practically the end game.

No other fraction comes close to jump starting a new account like Phoenix does.
  • Options
    People, myself included, highly recommend Phoenix for starting players.....No other fraction comes close to jump starting a new account like Phoenix does.

I fully agree with this statement. However, in the case of this poster, the account is already a level 85, not exactly a starting player. My point is that most times someone asks for advice, the default is always Phoenix. Since the OP's account is but a short step to CLS, that is what my advice would be.

Farmboy Luke to 7*, better mods, and ensure that Empire is ready for R2.
  • Options
    Thanks @FolsomTony
  • Options
    Save some zetas for upcoming new Sith characters