So sick of the light side meta

This lightside meta is getting really annoying. These palp and Vader reworks were nice, but they were kind of weak too. Where’s the synergy between the two of them? Why do Biggs and Wedge have more synergy than DARTH VADER and EMPEROR PALPATINE? Cls shouldn’t be stronger than either of these two, and neither should rey. At both of the time periods of their characters, neither of them had much training. Neither of them were really that strong, or should have been strong. But the emperor of the galactic empire, SHEEV PALPATINE HIMSELF, one of the greatest Sith Lords ever, can be killed CLS in one, maybe 2 hits.

Whatever’s coming out of this Sith Raid better be good. Meta changing either. It’s getting old needing to use the same characters as pretty much everyone else just to stay top 50.

With the team I use, I could get first place before JTR. Got it multiple times actually. But then JTR came along and now I can barely get into the top 30. The light side is lame. Let’s get some good, actually accessible stuff for the dark side.

Replies

• Options
    Not to be that guy but im gonna be that guy. Thrawn lead with DK, DT, ShT, ST is a great team. NS is another great team. Imp Troops counter NS. Just cause they may not be the best team does not mean they aren’t meta. Sure JTR is the best team but it kinda makes sense. Can you imagine if you got JTR and spend so much gear and credits and zetas on her and she was bad in arena? Maybe its just my line of thinks but i totally expected her to be the best.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    She barely outfought praetorian guards in the movie. Her kit is OP. I swear it was designed to be a sith's kit, but they ended up giving to her.

I'm sure there are 10 different OP kits in their secret files, they just keep em for OP characters. Rey's kit, will be meta for years.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    There is tons of variety in the arena. Stop complaining and work on a team.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    She barely outfought praetorian guards in the movie. Her kit is OP. I swear it was designed to be a sith's kit, but they ended up giving to her.

CLS got completely owned by Vader but here we are.

The movies, the tv shows, the comics, the cereal...none of it matters in this game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Nightsisters
  • Options
    Then all the non force users should be kicked out of this game then?
  • Options
    i think we have to wait and see the bigger releases of this month. the palpatine vader reworks should be a part of something bigger
  • Options
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    Sure JTR is the best team but it kinda makes sense. Can you imagine if you got JTR and spend so much gear and credits and zetas on her and she was bad in arena? Maybe its just my line of thinks but i totally expected her to be the best.

This is my line of thinking too. EP is easily earned with the same phoenix squad used for Thrawn, or the ever popular rebel team for that matter. Even the thought of farming for JTR makes me cringe!

Plus I'm a firm believer that every deck should have a counter. I know the meta has been filled with teams that can all beat each other on offense for quite some time but hopefully that is starting to change. EP/Vader can take a huge dump on CLS now but JTR counters them so the rework obviously sucks.
  • Options
    True, Rey isn't easy to get. Hopefully, she doesn't solo the new raid with ID. That would be funny.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    Moved to Feedback: Characters
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    LGuy_21 wrote: »
    Why do Biggs and Wedge have more synergy than DARTH VADER and EMPEROR PALPATINE?

well....
    5888284-vader+feat+durability+%283%29.gif

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Why do Biggs and Wedge have more synergy than DARTH VADER and EMPEROR PALPATINE?

well....

So where's the vader/cls synergy? Lol.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

well....

Lmao ok I’ll give you that but up until that point I mean
  • Options
    Palp/DV has a number of arena viable comps now. They hold their own against all the current metas if you run the right squad.

I'm amazed at how many people think the rework is just ok at best. It's pretty amazing imho.

CLS only worked well w/ r2 & raid han. They were close to required to do well w/ him.

JTR requires bb8 & r2... no other choice. You HAVE to use them.

How OP are they really considering u HAVE to run specific toons to make them work??

It's no different w/ palp/dv. Use the comp & youre golden... only differense them & cls/jtr is how many viable option you have with palp/dv!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Palp/DV has a number of arena viable comps now. They hold their own against all the current metas if you run the right squad.

I'm amazed at how many people think the rework is just ok at best. It's pretty amazing imho.

CLS only worked well w/ r2 & raid han. They were close to required to do well w/ him.

JTR requires bb8 & r2... no other choice. You HAVE to use them.

How OP are they really considering u HAVE to run specific toons to make them work??

It's no different w/ palp/dv. Use the comp & youre golden... only differense them & cls/jtr is how many viable option you have with palp/dv!

people fear the dark side ! (as afraid to invest resources xD)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Guildmate reach position #1 with her new shiny zzVader. Yea it's great.. so we make a bet where they will stand tomorrow. I place my bet at around #50 spot.

Btw, her position in rank #45 now. Seem i'm gonna lose the bet. Should choose around #80 spot :bawling:
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdI-7BN4z4I&feature=youtu.be

Watch and learn gents. This isn’t my team in the video but I do have that team. We have two DS meta now. NS are still incredible btw.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    The sheer thought that in a 1vs1 test both Vader and EP lose to some unknown poorly written scavenger "Mary Sue" and Luke who got his whiny bum kicked in ESB is ridiculous!

P.S. To those of you who will bring up the "Vader/EP accessibility and farmability" argument, i'm valuing their true power based on canon lore, not based on how easy to farm they are... and for their time they were not easy to farm at all!

Canon lore? According to canon ANY sith should be able to kill almost ANY non jedi. Wiggs and chaze wouldnt be a thing. If we re gonna follow Canon the game would almost be locked by EP, Nihilus, Grandmaster yoda etc etc.