How do I know whose turn it is in the Rancor Raid?

I've been playing for about 8 months. I wasn't in a guild for quite a while, but the first guild I joined had around 20 mil GP, so it was a very light guild with about 15 people playing regularly. No one could solo the rancor, so everyone pretty much chipped in on raids, but then a few players left and no one new seemed to join, so I switched to a guild with about 50 mil GP. The guild was very active and even though I'm a weaker player, I contributed every day in the Guild Exchange, and I made sure I maxed out my tickets and participated heavily in the guild activities.

I was in this guild for about two months and really enjoyed it, but yesterday I was kicked out. I didn't know why, but I'm fairly certain it was because of the Rancor Raid. Every time we had a raid, about 10 or so players would do under 1 mil damage. There would also be a group of players scoring in the 4-10 million range, so I always joined in and there never seemed to be any issues. Yesterday, I noticed a large number of players with 0 as their score, but I had no idea people tried to solo the rancor, so I joined in and not longer after was kicked out. So, I have two questions. How would I have known someone wanted to solo the rancor? The guild didn't have any kind of guild page and there were never any guild messages. I didn't realize everyone had a score of zero until after I started attacking and then noticed all the zero scores afterwards. I really don't want to make the same mistake and get kicked out of another guild or wreck anything for anyone else. I realize this was long and a lot to read, but if someone could offer some advice/thoughts, I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that guild had for rules or how they decided or communicated them. But, in general, most good guilds use 3rd party chat apps (Discord and the like) and that’s where they will announce any rules for the raid. When you join a guild, just make sure you know what the current rules are and where any rule changes will be posted. If you find a guild through the guild recruitment section here, you are less likely to have issues as they will probably give you all this information up front.
  • Options
    Thanks, Liath. I joined using the Guild Search, but in hindsight it probably would have been better to come here to find out how to communicate with the guild members from the get-go.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't have a chat box for guilds then you are probably a minor account ie said you are under 18 sonloom for a guild using a 3rd party app.
  • Options
    If you are on a minor account then joining a guild through the inapp guild search will make it impossible to communicate with the other guild members. I would recommend finding a guild through the forums so you can get into their Line/discord chat right away and can actually see their rules.