Early Empire Arena

I’m level 61 and trying to pivot from my Phoenix team as I’m having a rough time in the arena right now (still scraping into top 100 though). The crazy saturation of Phoenix teams on my shard is making it hard not to time out.

RNG blessed me with a 6* EP today and I’m wondering if there’s anything viable I can run at this stage while also letting me prep for R2. The easiest would be some combo of EP, Vader, Tarkin, Tie Pilot, and I could maybe plug Boba Fett in there or Magma Trooper would be a pretty easy farm.

Is this enough to compete with Phoenix or is there a better team to work on? If not I’ll just keep farming Lando because he destroys me...

Replies

• Options
    phoenix vs phoenix matches never end and that is the main reason why you are having hard time. But Empire has another issue. Biggs. Biggs Friggin Darklighter gains 100% turnmeter whenever hit by an Empire character. What's worse is that he does triple combo attack every 2 turns. So I suggest you should wait for Thrawn or use Boba to take out Biggs
  • Hoffman72510
    326 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    There's an Empire team on my shard that terrifies me (phoenix), I'll go look now and report back.

Edit- So the team is gmt (L) Vader, TFP, Boba and RG. You could probably swap Tfp for EP, some might say Boba but his AB and assassinate really shine against Phoenix. Phoenix does so well because of their shared unique's so with every member you can assassinate with Vader and Boba makes the fight much easier.
  • Options
    i play against very tough and ver fast wiggs + lando + sthan + boba/jyn teams and you MUST have thrawn to fracture biggs.

Palpy to shock Han so he doesn't taunt then you can roll from there. But you probably need thrawn first to be successful against those top rebel teams esp the ones with Biggs.
  • Options
    I'm currently prepping for R2 event too and I keep trying different empire teams in GW to see how viable they are. This seems to be my favourite

EP (L)
    Vader
    GMT (eventually swap for thrawn)
    TFP
    RG

The EP lead is what makes it viable.