(my personal) road ahead - how to proceed?

Good day fellow goh players! So I am excipted and yet a bit sad that my phoenix squad will be 7* completely soon. Which brings me to the question - what to focus on now? I have a few ideas of my own which I will post here and I need you expert rebel wiping titan crushing CLS and JTR-ers to help me out with your experience. I feel like I only have one shot and if I mess up it could blow my arena and fleet standing. I orient my road ahead 90% on my arena and fleet play. I am a F2P but if the shard packs come back I would buy those. I can spend about 10-20$ a month. Keep in mind my arena is 100% NS/phoenix squads atm with the exception of ONE, just one FO squad. They will not be getting CLS or JTR or GK any time soon (at least next 3 months). So my swgoh.gg acc:
https://swgoh.gg/u/lakson/
So I hover around top 50 arena and top 20 fleet. I am ok with that but of course interested in top 10-20 arena and I can go top 5 fleet shard Since mostly of my fleet shard is not playing all that strategically (they have 5-6 star kylo ren speeder and all their other ships are 1-2 stars, easy pickoffs). So these are my ideas:
1. Stay on the phoenix path - I have heard numerous times that phoenix is bad lategame. But looking at their zetas they look absolutely trough the roof - especialy kanaans, zebs and Sabines. I am running ezra now but by the time I get to my 3rd-4th zeta I think I will replace him with Sabine. On paper it looks to me like Kannan is a speed machine when zetad, and zeb/sabine just obliterate. I would probably throw in palpatine instead of the gonk droid, but it is all up to you guys, I am valuing your opinion over my estimates. If I stick with this it is also a question of what to farm. I would go for KRU and his speeder in cantina.
2. The empire - I am loving Palp and Thrawn. Crowd control has always been my favorite way to play, and these guys have it! I would go with Palp L, Thrawn, StormT, imperial tie fighter and vader for start. Which brings me to the question - can vader be 7* trough achievements? If yes how long does it take? I would eventually bring the squad to the more meta feel of zaderL/ST/shore/palp and thrawn. This also gives me a R2D2 from events and a start to CLS in the long run.
3. Rebel team - wiggs, SThan, old Ben and a 5th toon, probably leia or raid han (would need about 3-4 months for him with my current guild, doing Hrancor once a week). I am not leaning towards this one too much but if you guys and girls say it is a beast then I am all for it.
4. FO team - farming FO and resistance simultaneosly to set myself on a JTR squad. I feel like this would destroy my arena standing but potentially give me top 5 if I can get JTR the next time she comes out on a heroes journey.
5. You guys have ideas of your own? Stuff that worked out for you? I am all for it! I value my inexperience and know that what I draw from reading tooltips is not as valuable as first hand experience you guys have.

There is also the question of ships. My phoenix ships are getting me to top 20. So my fleet arena is pretty much everyone equal with the exception of 2-3 whales I have that got vader TIE and boba already. I am thinking of farming FO speeder with KRU and I am buying slave/vader TIE whenever I see it in fleet store. Opinions?

Thank you for your time!

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    1. Phoenix are bad mid game good late game and bad super late game

That is to say

Level 75 maxed Wiggs means phoenix start to struggle
    Level 85 phoenix with zetas can do well but are beaten by cls teams, empire teams and jtr teams. They do however beat nightsisters.

2. As a player with an account just shy of 3 months old I have a 6 star Vader. I've bought 15 shards in fleet arena shop. I'd say I will need to be level 85 to finish it (5 shards for level 85, 5 each for the last of ls and ds battles that open at level 85.

3. Unless you are playing hide Nihilus you don't really want two tanks. Also get a better guild. The good thing is that a lot of the pieces here fit well with a cls team but the negative is that it's very vulnerable to the new Vader. CLS works well with an old Ben tank and Wiggs/leia/raid Han/r2d2 or thrawn as a 5th. You can viable do cls Wiggs raid Han and r2 as a team with no tank. Unfortunately though no one is sure how much an empire/sith team will remove cls from the meta.

4. You won't get jtr next time. She needs the veterans which take about 3 months to farm after you get to level 82.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    1. Phoenix are bad mid game good late game and bad super late game

That is to say

Level 75 maxed Wiggs means phoenix start to struggle
    Level 85 phoenix with zetas can do well but are beaten by cls teams, empire teams and jtr teams. They do however beat nightsisters.

2. As a player with an account just shy of 3 months old I have a 6 star Vader. I've bought 15 shards in fleet arena shop. I'd say I will need to be level 85 to finish it (5 shards for level 85, 5 each for the last of ls and ds battles that open at level 85.

3. Unless you are playing hide Nihilus you don't really want two tanks. Also get a better guild. The good thing is that a lot of the pieces here fit well with a cls team but the negative is that it's very vulnerable to the new Vader. CLS works well with an old Ben tank and Wiggs/leia/raid Han/r2d2 or thrawn as a 5th. You can viable do cls Wiggs raid Han and r2 as a team with no tank. Unfortunately though no one is sure how much an empire/sith team will remove cls from the meta.

4. You won't get jtr next time. She needs the veterans which take about 3 months to farm after you get to level 82.

Thanks for the imput! After checking out vader's new kit a little bit more I am more confident that I want a empire team. I am looking at Vader lead/Palp/stormT/TIE/moff untill I can get a more stable team. What is the empire meta team? I have seen A LOT of variations and I am not sure which one to go with.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Before the rework the best empire team was thrawn krennic drath trooper shore trooper and a 5th that could change but was usually best with Palpatine or stormtrooper.

No one is 100% what the new empire meta is now.

Im thinking some combination of the big three Vader Palpatine and thrawn and some others.
  • Options
    You have Palps, Vader & Thrawn simply from events. Go with TFP and Tarkin for their ships. Tie Fighter is one of the best ships in game, and Tarkin's cap will help keep you in top of fleets until Chimaera starts showing up.
  • Options
    You have Palps, Vader & Thrawn simply from events. Go with TFP and Tarkin for their ships. Tie Fighter is one of the best ships in game, and Tarkin's cap will help keep you in top of fleets until Chimaera starts showing up.

what makes tie fighter ship so special? It has a turn metter for capital on dodge, a regular atk and a buff immunity on target lock attack? With foresight. He is good but why do people keep refering to it as a beast?
  • Options
    Empire...

and Resistance.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »

what makes tie fighter ship so special? It has a turn metter for capital on dodge, a regular atk and a buff immunity on target lock attack? With foresight. He is good but why do people keep refering to it as a beast?

Very evasive so the dodging actually happens recently.

Also 70% chance to target lock on basic.