Faction-Based Game Play

I really wish this game focused more on factions.

Each faction should have a section of game to themselves.
For example: Bounty Hunter missions. Scoundrel smuggling runs. Empire defeating rebels. Rebels stealing tech/info from the empire. First Order going after the Resistance. Resistance fighting the First Order. Separatists fighting clones. Clones fighting separatists. Jedi fighting Sith. Sith fighting Jedi. Geonosians mining Kyber (that one’s a joke).

I’m just not a fan of these mixed squads and lack of faction specific gameplay.

PS: Monthly Legendary events and semi-weekly scoundrel credit heist and droid heist aren’t to the extent of daily faction-based gameplay that I am thinking of. The heists, though, come close.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The game is based on being a sandbox, where things can be done with crossing factions and even timelines.

It would be nice to see them develop more events like this, but then it does limit people from playing those events, not everyone can make a team just for an event.
  • Options
    I’m well aware of the sandbox aspect, and I’m not saying get rid of it.
    I’m saying additional content that is more faction-based would be a welcome site.

These events wouldn’t have exclusive event rewards, they would just be for fun and some minor rewards. Like an extra source of credits or mods.
    That way, people wouldn’t have to worry about doing them.
    Plus, they’d be tiered for difficulty.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The problem is that newer players would be locked out of these resources and have to spread themselves thin to be able to get there.

That is already an issue for many players and not something they should accentuate IMHO.

Difficulty is not the issue really, it's about having to farm 3 toons to some level, just to participate in a daily event.

This is a resource management game, avoiding any source of income is never recommended, and people will always worry about not being able to complete an event.