Features You Would Like to See Added

Meese_Rancher
125 posts Member
edited February 2016
Just some ideas on features that would be nice if added into the game.
  • Character reset:

Think we all have toons that after investing time and resources into just did not turn out that great, had no place on your team, or simply got replaced by another after unlocking new ones. Perhaps the ability to reset a character back to level 1 and the star rating that it was unlocked, extracting all the stuff you put into it, would alleviate some waste. We would get back all the gear, credits, training droids, ability material and currency (arena, galactic war, cantina); basically everything and maybe even the shards which lead into idea 2. Now to keep this from being abused, impose a limit of doing this to once a month or something like that.
  • Shard exchange for non max characters:

It is pretty common to get shards for a toon that you are not currently leveling nor would want to. I myself have gotten many shards for a snowtrooper from numerous chromium packs that are just sitting there. Since the shard shop is already implemented, it should allow us to cash in unwanted shards for that currency. Maybe not at the same ratio as maxed characters to keep it from being exploited.

So what do you guys think of these? Let's hear some other ideas and maybe the devs will see them and also agree with us.

Edit 1: more ideas from myself
  • Ability to organize your character screen by type i.e. attacker, tank, support, Jedi, Sith, Droid etc.
  • Ability to set your pvp arena team without having to use an attempt and go into a battle.
  • A section on the home page that details what every status effect does with percentages if applicable i.e. offense up increases damage by X%, evasion increases dodge chance by Y% etc.

Edit 2: updated with other ideas from posters
  • Bacta heal: one time use to restore a character's health in galactic war.
  • Practice mode: fight your allies with no cost and for no reward, just fun.
  • Account name change

Edit 3: update with more ideas from posts
  • Health steal % in stats screen and showing health percentage in battle.
  • Ally missions: team up with your allies to fight tougher enemies for greater rewards.
  • XP gain at max level converted into something else: credits, sim tickets, energy, ability mats, or currency etc.
  • Live PVP battles
  • Arena rank resets: weekly? monthly? (this could be a form of leaderboards or seasons)
Post edited by Meese_Rancher on

Replies

• Options
    Another person posted this, but a Bacta Heal(one time-usage) for Galactic War that completely heals one unavailable character. If added, it will probably only be used once and probably be 50-100c. Up to the Devs if they want to reset the cooldowns or not, but it probably be the latter.

Also, Name change for 100-200c? I hate being Mol Eliza.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Just going to let you know how EA would implement your wishes.

1) It would cost crystals to reset. You would get all gear automatically sold at old "sell" prices. You'd get 1/5 the ability mats back, rounding down. Your shards would be converted to shard shop currency at a lower rate (see item 2)

2) Selling shards to the shard shop for characters you don't have at 7 stars yields 50% the tokens.
  • Options
    I dont think you should be able to reset characters. I know everyone would like it but then it would be too easy to get other better characters faster and it would ruin the balance of the universe.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »

1) It would cost crystals to reset. You would get all gear automatically sold at old "sell" prices. You'd get 1/5 the ability mats back, rounding down. Your shards would be converted to shard shop currency at a lower rate (see item 2)

2) Selling shards to the shard shop for characters you don't have at 7 stars yields 50% the tokens.

Crystal cost is fine, provided it's not ridiculous, maybe 50-100. I would gladly pay that for such a thing. The gear we would keep and put back into our inventory, not sold. Also I fully expect any yield to not be 100%, seems like a pretty standard thing to happen, but really want/need all those ability mats back. Fingers crossed
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Crystal cost is fine, provided it's not ridiculous, maybe 50-100. I would gladly pay that for such a thing. The gear we would keep and put back into our inventory, not sold. Also I fully expect any yield to not be 100%, seems like a pretty standard thing to happen, but really want/need all those ability mats back. Fingers crossed

I'm saying how it would likely be done, not how we would want it to be done.

Crystal cost would probably be 500 at minimum.
  • Options

I'm saying how it would likely be done, not how we would want it to be done.

Crystal cost would probably be 500 at minimum.

Ya I agree, seems common place for game devs to implement features with greater drawbacks then what seem fair.
  • Options
    I would like to have some kind of fight with allies.
    With no rewards and no energy. Just for practice/fun

Really think it would be good
  • Options
    Shinobi wrote: »
    I would like to have some kind of fight with allies.
    With no rewards and no energy. Just for practice/fun

Really think it would be good

That sounds like a great idea. A friendly skrimage match to test out character swaps or just to pass time with no cost or reward.
  • Options
    Edited main post with more ideas from here.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Man I've been thinking about this for a while:

- Health steal % in stats screen.
    - Percentage on Health Bar (This is especially important for certain abilities to proc)
    - Lightsaber building, colors, and power ups
    - Space ship building and space travel. Different worlds would give different missions, special gear, weapons, upgrades, etc.
    - Space ship fighting.
    - Pod Racing, Hell Yeah!
    - Ally missions (Live). A bunch of your friends and favorite characters go on a mission to destroy a powerful monster (Sarlacc, Zillo Beast, Terentatek etc.) and receive special rewards. Only one character per group (e.g. You can't take a bunch of Yodas on a mission, only one allocation for Yoda)
    - PvP squads (5 vs 5) Create teams of 5 players fighting against other 5 live!
    - Character upgrading. Rifleman Luke trains with Obi Wan and becomes basic Jedi padawan, later becomes Rebel Luke, later trains further with Yoda and becomes Grand Master Luke, all the way to Old Luke. Same for Darth Sidius > Emperor Palpatine. Each upgrade makes character more powerful.
    - Junk Yard/Auction House. Sell/Trade your excess materials, shards, etc to other players for a price in any currency. Trade exchange can be like 1 crystal = 5,000 credits = 20 Cantina credits = 25 War tokens = 50 Arena tokens. Players pay a 5% fee of the asking price for every transaction on the Auction House.

I can go on and on ...

• Options

That's totally useless. They'd even have to code in a way to work with non-rounded numbers (7,5 token per shard). 33,33% would make much more sense, especially from their point of view (5 tokens per shard), but we'd happily accept 66,66% (10 tokens per shard) of course.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Revamp arena leaderboard system.

Change it to real time fights, thus, you fight versus other teams, whom looking for a fight, the system matches you, after the outcome, you can roll again, play as much as ypu like.
    The leaderboard would reset weekly and based on the weekly win/loose ratio you get a rank and rewards accordingly.

This change would obvioulsy require revamping the defense system, char healths, but with a system like that, healers and support characters would play a much more important role.

This way the game would get a feature, so you can play when out of energy and becomes a more fluid game to play.

I understand that its a huge revamp, but on the long run, they have to go this way regardles, and bring us a turn based, strategy, pvp game, against each other and not ai...
  • Options
    6)- XP Reward at Max Level converted into currencies (Credits, SimTix, Mats): anything would be better than nothing atm...
  • Options
    Guild wars ftw
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    Features I would like to see added:

Credits

That is all.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    Features I would like to see added:
    Credits
    That is all.
    Credits is not an issue as soon as you understand Leveling is a matter of time and patience
    You just won't have all your toons Level 70 / 7* / Full gear in 1 day...
  • Options
    Fher wrote: »
    Man I've been thinking about this for a while:

- Health steal % in stats screen.
    - Percentage on Health Bar (This is especially important for certain abilities to proc)
    - Lightsaber building, colors, and power ups
    - Space ship building and space travel. Different worlds would give different missions, special gear, weapons, upgrades, etc.
    - Space ship fighting.
    - Pod Racing, Hell Yeah!
    - Ally missions (Live). A bunch of your friends and favorite characters go on a mission to destroy a powerful monster (Sarlacc, Zillo Beast, Terentatek etc.) and receive special rewards. Only one character per group (e.g. You can't take a bunch of Yodas on a mission, only one allocation for Yoda)
    - PvP squads (5 vs 5) Create teams of 5 players fighting against other 5 live!
    - Character upgrading. Rifleman Luke trains with Obi Wan and becomes basic Jedi padawan, later becomes Rebel Luke, later trains further with Yoda and becomes Grand Master Luke, all the way to Old Luke. Same for Darth Sidius > Emperor Palpatine. Each upgrade makes character more powerful.
    - Junk Yard/Auction House. Sell/Trade your excess materials, shards, etc to other players for a price in any currency. Trade exchange can be like 1 crystal = 5,000 credits = 20 Cantina credits = 25 War tokens = 50 Arena tokens. Players pay a 5% fee of the asking price for every transaction on the Auction House.

I can go on and on ...

While a lot of these are interesting ideas, I believe they are outside the scope of the current game. I do think health steal and health bar percentage is viable. Ally missions sounds fun, kind of like raid bosses. Auction house could be cool, although don't see this every happening considering they removed the ability to simply sell items for credits by ourselves.
    Amberoth wrote: »
    6)- XP Reward at Max Level converted into currencies (Credits, SimTix, Mats): anything would be better than nothing atm...

Yes, 100% this.
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Had another few ideas that are easy to implement:

- The ability to organize your character screen by type i.e. attacker, tank, support, Jedi, Sith, Droid etc.

- The ability to set your pvp arena team without having to use an attempt and go into a battle.

- A section on the home page that details what every status effect does with percentages if applicable i.e. offense up increases damage by X%, evasion increases dodge chance by Y% etc.

I have further updated the main post.
    Post edited by Meese_Rancher on