R2 and BB8, Possibly the most annoying pair to go against?

I know the game changers constantly hype the JTR meta, but I don't think she would be anything at all without those two pesky droids. Does anyone have a counter to them or a preferred kill order? R2's stun along with BB8's call to assist R2 to a stun are extremely annoying. I pretty much have a pure dark side roster.

Replies

• Options
    I'm very annoyed of them bcause of the BB-8 LAGS!! He's always pause for a moment before he attack. It even show in palp/vader gamecharger reveal video release by EA. It's a shame.. there is clearly a bug and they are proudly showcase it to the world. At least they should fix it first. It's known bugs. Should fix something noticeable like that a.s.a.p before someone post thousand times there is a bug. Yea.. it's simple attitude called bloody "Initiative"

Enough rant. As per post topic, i don't have trouble with them. Give me 110k power JTR meta team, or 300+ speed per chars in the team, i still can beat them without a sweat. Easy pick
    :wink:
  • Options
    @RacerDejak what's your squad comp.
  • Options
    Smokescreen does reduce the amount of 'tactical' input when playing against.

If you don't have an AOE buff removal a-la Baze/B2 you're forced to attack whoever doesn't have stealth.

Exactly how it is intended, but it makes me sigh. Lol
  • Options
    @ProximaB1_ Rex lead, cls, thrawn, han, GK

Btw, need high speed rex to work for that comp. han, cls, thrawn, their mod is standart as in the standart titans team, no change needed. U need GK tanky as u can be. Speed doesn't matter.

Scenario is like this: han shoot first bb8, then usually r2 will stealth, then JTR attack one of ur squad, doesn't matter u have 3 cleanser. Then rex goes on, don't temp to use tenacity up, hold it. Then thrawn go, fracture enemy GK. Disable GK a.s.a.p so after that u can free attack other enemis without crit hit immunity buff distraction.

At this part, our squad is have lot of debuffs, cleanse with tenacity up rex. U have ur team near full tm ready to attack again. Mind R2, he is stup1d.. let him burn ur team as much as he can = profit, our team tm is full by his burn aoe.

Han n cls do their job cripple enemy team, use them whatever u like. The more hit we've get, it's better.. it's just refill our team tm. I like when JTR doing her triple molly whoop with bb8 n r2. Easy tm boost :lol:
  • Options
    How long does Rex take to farm up if you had to guesstimate?
  • Options
    Omnixent wrote: »
    How long does Rex take to farm up if you had to guesstimate?

1 month if u are lucky, he appear at least twice a day. 2 months at the worst. He's have dual shipment.. guild n fleet store
  • Options
    @gpeeee what is your arena team?

JTR are all very easy for me with CLS titans.
    - Han stun bb8
    - r2 uncloak on CLS (if learn control zeta) or uncloak on r2 (rey will swipe the uncloaked toon, and if that is GK he cant lead the charge)
    - thrawn fractuee (if your gk is slow) or thrawn basic
    - GK lead the charge

At this point enemy GK is nearly dead. Try to fracture/kill rey ideally, or r2 if he is open. If rey has evasion with high turn meter, dont waste an attack on her. Avoid hittinf bb8 until last.

If enemy old ben is about as fast as your gk, you need to stun him first
  • Options
    I think you could narrow it down to just BB-8. Take BB-8 out of their and it would be a pile of trash. I'm surprised nobody has thought to run RJT BB-8 R-2 B-2 and GK
  • Options
    @Olddumper you cant target bb8 so easily. His evasion comes back if you damage him, and when he coubters he calls an assist giving more stuns and tm.

If you can fracture him sure, but fracturing rey is best, but if she is cloaked i would go for r2 whose cloak is disruptive and whose burn fills their team with turn meter.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That's why one does not simply exclude Thrawn from their Arena lineup. Fracture one of them and they do nothing

Or put it another way, I don't always fight those droids, but when I do, I use fracture.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    @Olddumper you cant target bb8 so easily. His evasion comes back if you damage him, and when he coubters he calls an assist giving more stuns and tm.

If you can fracture him sure, but fracturing rey is best, but if she is cloaked i would go for r2 whose cloak is disruptive and whose burn fills their team with turn meter.

Haha. I run Ep DV Thrawn Tarkin ShT. He's just a popsical now. Frozen one way or another.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    @gpeeee what is your arena team?

JTR are all very easy for me with CLS titans.
    - Han stun bb8
    - r2 uncloak on CLS (if learn control zeta) or uncloak on r2 (rey will swipe the uncloaked toon, and if that is GK he cant lead the charge)
    - thrawn fractuee (if your gk is slow) or thrawn basic
    - GK lead the charge

At this point enemy GK is nearly dead. Try to fracture/kill rey ideally, or r2 if he is open. If rey has evasion with high turn meter, dont waste an attack on her. Avoid hittinf bb8 until last.

If enemy old ben is about as fast as your gk, you need to stun him first

Thanks for the responses guys. I used to run the Thrawn Empire team but now switched to Palp (Z) lead, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus and KRU. I'm doing much better now with the strategy of using basic on GK until I can fracture RJT, once that happens it's usually all over.
  • Options
    I agree with the sentiment here. Stun BB-8 with Han right off the bat, and the rest is gravy. R2 will probably smokescreen, then fracture CLS/JTR. Every time Han gets a turn, use his basic on BB8 (goes through Foresight) and he falls in a turn or two.

As others have mentioned, B2 and/or Baze wrecks this comp - especially B2.
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Running Nightsisters and just very, very bad RNG let me lose...so as called in every thread..Nightsisters are the counter ;)
    Also depending on their team, people could call Acolyte & Zombie more annoying, like the whole sisters. Or Chaze...how annoying a pair/team is, depends only on your team