Shard Shop (merged threads)

Prev1
Dekayingsoul
632 posts Member
edited March 2016
Unlike most, I do not have an issue with having the shard shop nor it being the only way (currently) of getting Grievous. I do have an issue with the other shards in it. With it being such a long process to get enough shards ( need 20 extra shards to get 2 shards of another character) why not allow those who have earned it to get rare and hard to farm shards. Why is it always full of shards I can get from the other 3 arenas, yes once every 3 days or so I see Vader, but where is Rey, Leia, Anakin, Elder and so on.
I do realize the game is geared toward player that pay, and I do, but why make it so obvious. If you say it's here as a reward for reaching a chat to 7* then can you please show us something that resembles a reward.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Being able to get shares for our 7⭐️ Toons extra shards is fantastic. Usually maxed characters are sink holes for points/gems etc. Would be a great way to let players with maxed characters start to farm hard to get toons. At a 10:1 share ratio, more then fair idea.
  • Options
    I have no argument with that, but as a reward for putting the time in to get 7* characters why not offer rare shards? For the last 2 days my options (aside from Grievous) have been farmable characters. Both of those days Sid was involved, the character that 95% of the players 7* first.

I spend money on the game, more than I wish I had to be honest. With the crystals I also get player packs, would guess 80% of my crystals are spent on packs. I usually get a Mega-Pack at least once a week. Even doing so I have never gotten Anakin, Ima or many other character shards. The shard shop should be the place where we can get these.
  • Options
    Have Darth Vader shards been removed from the shard shop? I haven't seen any in over a week. Anyone seen any recently or was this nerfed?
  • Options
    think of it, if star level cup increasing? so you will be exchange your shards for very expensive ratio.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Rey shards or Kit Fisto in the shop?

I saw Vader once on the day I unlocked it and I didn't have enough toget him... Since then I have saved up, but no more Vader....
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I once saw two sets of Vader shards two days in a row. I thought "I see how this is going to work."
    I was wrong. :/
  • Options
    Apparently there are no whales on my server I'm still waiting to see him in pvp. Or maybe even the whales think he's overpriced haha
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Have Darth Vader shards been removed from the shard shop? I haven't seen any in over a week. Anyone seen any recently or was this nerfed?

Got two shards yesterday and two today, 10 vader shards in all have I gotten from the Shard Shop
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Totally agree with OP we should get hard to farm or chromium only characters in the shard shop only.

I have got vadar shards twice but that was over a week ago I got Rey shards twice this week. Today's line up all useless unless I want the most exclusive char that probably no one has maxed yet and that is of course Ugnaught
  • Options
    I got Vader shards once, and Rey shards once. Everything else has been worthless as the few other good toons that's been in it, I already have at 7* ( dooku, bariss, sid, lumi the ones I can think of ).

One thing I have noticed, no pack only toons. I have yet to see, or hear of a pack only toon in the shard shop. I don't think pack only toons will be in the shop.

3 things that I hate about the shard shop
    1. No pack toons.
    2. Even if you have it at 7* it still shows up
    3. Shipment toons being in the shard shop. If I want a toon that's in shipments, guess where I'm going to farm it at, besides these are the easiest to farm anyways.
  • Astris
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My shard shop right now: not one, not two, but THREE whole useless Dathchas. (I saw Vader and Rey once each, but didn't have the currency for them when they appeared.)

7jFAg6o.jpg
  • Options
    Ive only bought a rey and vader once. Everything else is usually the 1-2* characters you can get in arena/gw shipments, and catina mission. Ive seen mob enforcer 12 times!!!! Seriously 12 times that is insane. I've seen 2 jedis total. One was lumi. So basically only 1 time.

Ive also had 2 datchas and 2 ackbars at the same time!
  • Argofett00
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, I finally got a character up to 7 stars & unlocked the shard shop. I was expecting it to be "a Shard Shop" that allowed you to move shards from unused characters to ones that needed them, or to be able to get shards that were previously not attainable any other way.

What we got instead is a shard shop that "only" lets you get & use shards that you have extra "after" you have passed level seven. I'm sorry but it should be called the " leftover" shop. There isn't even a good or varied selection there. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea & I understand EA wanting us to level up characters & having some way to spend their extra shards after doing so, but as it is now(& extremely overpriced) its just a very sad disappointment.
    Post edited by Argofett00 on
  • Options
    I think the 10:1 ratio is ridiculous. If you're looking at it from a crystal standpoint, based on their cost in shipments of 50 crystals per shard, that's 1000 crystals for 2 shards. How does anyone think this is an ok price? I get that it's better than nothing, but not by a whole heck of a lot. If I took those crystals and put them into a pack, where I can get all the same characters except DV and GG, that's a ridiculous comparison. It's not uncommon to get 150-300 shards from the large pack. At a cost of 2500 crystals, you're talking 15- 20 crystals (approx.) per shard as opposed to 500 per.
  • Options
    i agree with you totally.

But my opinion is that must be possible to sell unwanted characters. Why we have to Level unwanted characters to 7* for what?

I think also that there must be a bigger choice of shards in the shop
  • Argofett00
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Both of your suggestions would certainly improve what we have now. The shard shop as it is, is a letdown but it doesn't have to be that way. It could be one of this games greatest new tools if they would just make it worthwhile for us to have & use. Let's face the truth, no matter how much they want us to level up unwanted characters, we simply won't if we don't like them well enough.

So all those promotion shards we get for unwanted characters just sit & accumulate, becoming just a waste & unused just like the characters we dont care for & the Shard shop. Star Wars has such a rich vast universe of characters, there's no reason to not give us better ones & a way to get rid of ones we don't want. I understand EA & their point of view also but we are fans 1st then customers. That's why most of us are here, for the most part anyway.
  • Options
    Well i can't unterstand why is the choice in the shard shop so small. For me it must be possible every Characters in it. So don't call it Shard shop, call it small choice shard shop!

i don't unterstand their Point of view it's not all about money. Look when you're realistic without money it's impossible to receive General Grievous Shards. So when they say we make not 7* but the Players can self decide which characters they would sell and which not. If we can trade Shards from every character (1* -7*)That would be awesome!
  • Options
    The other day i had 2x rey shards in the shop :smiley: . Have no currency though so I couldn't buy it, think I will start putting 5 shards in lumi from GW everyday to get some if rey comes up again. I haven't seen Anakin yet though, but i've gotten him a lot in shipments lately, which means bye bye crystals.
  • Options
    Been lucky and have seen Vader twice, but almost every time it is something I am farming/able to farm elsewhere while Chromium characters are 62/65 and nowhere to be found.
    If people could get more variety here, EA would probably be worried that we won't buy a couple more Chromiums to try to get a couple shards.
  • Argofett00
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You raise a lot of valid points that are probably bugging nearly everyone(including me) but here's both points of view... & for the record, I'm just an veteran, long time gamer who has posted on a lot of different forums & had similar discussions about other video games & how they function.

From EA's point of view, they are divided & they really cant help it but so much. They are a video game company that requires funds to operate, pay employees & provide brand new good content for the game. That said, they are also tasked with pleasing fans as best as they can manage.

So its a balance they have to try to maintain of making $ & providing something we want in return to get us to support their company & continue to play their game. Which is why this forum exists. They truly need our feedback so they can plan for the future or fix whatever problems that have come up with the game already. So always remember, constructive feedback works best to help them.

Ftp is obviously a perk & draws people to the game but the reality is only ptp customers are truly supporting advancing EA & the game. No offense to ftp players! I also only do certain games as f2p but when I really like a game I support it so it can truly improve. Obviously paying is not mandatory so to each player their own, I say. Money doesn't grow on trees as we all well know.

From our point of view as fans & ftp & ptp customers, we can only work with what is offered. That said, when something is advertised that creates certain expectations. I.E. A true shard shop would have every character in it and allow shards to be traded between them and usually allows them to be bought, or sold for all the characters. Questing for a specific persons shard is fine but after we have it why shouldnt we be allowed to switch it? A shard, is a shard, is a shard, right?

On a side note, the selling of unwanted characters is another problem all together & has nothing to do with shards other than characters like that tend to amass a lot of shards that cannot ever be used with the game like it is. Even I hoped the Shard Shop was created to allow such transactions to switch those shards to others but I was sadly disappointed. Even I certainly have characters I have no interest in leveling up & they all have amassed a lot of shards just sitting, going to waste.

As fans & gamers we can best do our parts by voicing our praise(or complaints) as diplomatic as possible & continue to make suggestions that might help or prevent problems or disappointment. As they say, there is a way to do everything... It just has to be figured out.
  • Options
    It changes every day so if you don't like what u see in the shop. Wait. There's no pressure to spend the shards.

People will always find something to complain about :D
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    On a final note... Ftp gamers are always welcomed because of the simple fact that at any time, any one of them has the potential to become a ptp gamer if they can "entice" fans with something they want bad enough for the game.

How many of you wanted to save time & actually just bought Anakin, Mace, or Kylo Ren? All of them could've been farmed. Its a delicate dance we do with each other but EA has the burden of making it worthwhile for gamers to pay for. If they succeed, then the choice is ours to make.
  • Options
    Wtb Maul shards in shard shop
  • Options
    Merged threads, there were two rolling at the same time. :)
  • Options
    Shard shop is decent enough for me.

I am happy to see hard node only shards and Vader shards inside.

Actually am putting half of my GW n arena shipments inside. Since I don't have anything I need from there immediately. Easy farm anyway,

I made sure I have enough to buy any of those shards I really want.

Think of this game as resource management.

GG is not game breaking yet. But offers the super whales some exclusive accessible toon.

Never ever complain when I get to use your excess shards to trade for something else.

• Options
    Is it fair to say that Shars Shop is practical is only for folks who have maxed out on few chars?

I only have 3 max chars. Since I need to farm shards for my other toons...I never get an option to shard for a maxed toon...which I can redeem in shard shop.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think the ratio is where it is because very quickly you have 25 shards a day from arena and GW that don't have good charactors to spend them on. So if even Rey was always in the shop it effectively doubles the free pace at which characters can be acquired.

It's a tough balance. If the shard shop ratio or charactors availability was changed you would need to prevent people from buying maxed arena and maxed GW charactors until all possible ones were maxed.
  • Options
    Don't buy anything in shard shop besides vader. Everything else is a rip-off.

Why are people buying rey shards. Rey is available in 3 nodes. That's 9 attempts per day...with refresh its 18 attempts per day. You will surely get 3-5 shards every day easily. Buying Rey in shard shop is bad decision.

They need to add chromium characters in shard shop. Otherwise shard shop is a major rip-off.

Just save your shards until they fix the ratio.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Is it fair to say that Shars Shop is practical is only for folks who have maxed out on few chars?

I only have 3 max chars. Since I need to farm shards for my other toons...I never get an option to shard for a maxed toon...which I can redeem in shard shop.

Shard shop is useless other than for Vader and Grievous shards. And in an already heavy grind game, they made it only to prolong the grind so people can spend more money. Funny how they sugarcoat them as "new content", like the "new" event system.
  • Options
    Don't buy anything in shard shop besides vader. Everything else is a rip-off.

Why are people buying rey shards. Rey is available in 3 nodes. That's 9 attempts per day...with refresh its 18 attempts per day. You will surely get 3-5 shards every day easily. Buying Rey in shard shop is bad decision.

They need to add chromium characters in shard shop. Otherwise shard shop is a major rip-off.

Just save your shards until they fix the ratio.

Don't get your hopes up.

Anything that messes with the game monetization model not in their favor won't happen,

Simply do not have the credits to level every toon to lvl 70

I rather get my Rey faster