Enough already, let minors see chat.

I run a guild and I'm forced to constantly remove Mol Eliza's. The ingame chat is already censored to a "fair thee well" and no serious guild uses it anyway.
If I had spent any money and then found out that entire features of the game we're being denied to me, not because of something I had done, but because no one can explain a simple rule to me and I can't even see TB or TW commands!! Let's just say I would be sore about it.
Bring some real balance to the game and let the "unfortunates" amongst us finally stay in a guild longer than five minutes.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Some people do not want there kids talking with adults for various reasons and it doesn't always have to do with language.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    They can't because of COPPA
  • Options
    Lol. This is a terrible idea.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Some people do not want there kids talking with adults for various reasons and it doesn't always have to do with language.

Then why give them a phone?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Then why give them a phone?

- who said they are playing on thier (the kids) phone.
    - There are many devices out there that have child mode on them to lock out apps and things you dont want them to do.
    - you dont have to play on a phone.

• Options

Some people do not want their kids playing video games, doesn't mean everyone under 16 should be banned from the game. If CG wants to allow minors to play at all, they should allow them to play the game completely. If CG wants to ban minors from playing to avoid talking to adults on the internet, fine ban them from playing. It makes 0 sense to me to let kids play, but ban them from their guild. Either ban the kids or let them play.

#ReleaseTheMolElizas
  • Options
    On the one hand, not being able to let anyone under the age of 13 view or chat is a nightmare, especially if you want to coordinate stuff. On the other hand, there are too many creeps in the world.
    Perhaps have an option where if they enter their iTunes password (specifically for the purpose of unlocking) they can access chat? What do you think @CG_Kozispoon?
    If they can buy crystals with $$$, they should be able to talk to their guild-mates.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Put up a third party chat server/channel. Provide the link to it in the guild description.
  • Options
    This is a self defense mechansim. In case a creep does manage to convince a kid, EA can point out that the kid was lying himself to gain access to the chat. If EA stopped this, parents would be all over them for "allowing my kids to see inappropiate content"
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    On the one hand, not being able to let anyone under the age of 13 view or chat is a nightmare, especially if you want to coordinate stuff. On the other hand, there are too many creeps in the world.
    Perhaps have an option where if they enter their iTunes password (specifically for the purpose of unlocking) they can access chat? What do you think @CG_Kozispoon?
    If they can buy crystals with $$$, they should be able to talk to their guild-mates.
    this game is far worse than that... If you set your age as under 18 when you initially downloaded them you are forever screwed.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Put up a third party chat server/channel. Provide the link to it in the guild description.
    Thanks
    Mol Eliza's cannot see chat, cannot see guild command, cannot see TW or TB commands, and cannot see guild description... Now tell me how am I supposed to set up a third party chat with said person?
  • Options
    Everyone can see Guild Descriptions, Everyone can also see TW + TB commands. it is only the chat mol elizas cant see
  • Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Everyone can see Guild Descriptions, Everyone can also see TW + TB commands. it is only the chat mol elizas cant see

No they can't.
  • Options
    I have tested it with my sons account, Yes they can the only thing they dont have is the chat and ability to change their names
  • Options
    Its not that they should remove the underage chat blockage, but they should allow it to be a setting to be disabled/enabled. People are forever screwed because of an age choice. Also Ive never gotten an answer to this before, If someone sets their age as 17, would the chat be enabled when they turn 18? or are they forever 17 as far as the game is concerned.
  • Options

You certainly cannot see guild descriptions. I have an underage account and see nothing. I talk to my guild on discord and has to email EA to change my name.
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Its not that they should remove the underage chat blockage, but they should allow it to be a setting to be disabled/enabled. People are forever screwed because of an age choice. Also Ive never gotten an answer to this before, If someone sets their age as 17, would the chat be enabled when they turn 18? or are they forever 17 as far as the game is concerned.

too true! I don’t even remember being asked an aged related question when I started playing. Recently got up to guild level only to find I can’t really get involved properly! Looking on these forums plenty are in the same boat too.; That have a minor acc but clearly an adult!
    And what about all those teenagers that turn 18? After chatting with support I found out that they don’t even have the game mechanics built in to rectify it.
    It’s one thing keeping minors safe which is indeed important but so too is realising that you should be able to change the settings if needed.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I have tested it with my sons account, Yes they can the only thing they don't have is the chat and ability to change their names
    That's odd as we recently tested it out in, as we really wanted to get in touch with a 2.7M GP Mol Eliza, the child account we set up, couldn't read any of those
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection