Quick Questions

ThunderWack1
37 posts Member
edited February 2018
Need some guidance? Maybe we can help you in this thread.
Post edited by ThunderWack1 on

Replies

• Options
    Any rookies that are starting off the game and want some help or guidance, don’t hesitate to ask! I’m your guy

Genuine question that warrants asking - why are you the guy?

:smile:

• Options
    I guess it was a figure of speech. I’ve played the game a long time, I get 1st in Squad and 1st in fleet arena. I am able to solo both raids, and have every “legendary” Character at 7 stars. I’m good at the game, I know the game, I study the game. I meant no offense, i’m only trying to help others.
  • Options
    Hey, should I level up my first characters first, or level up gear, or level up their stars? What's the best way to optimize my time in regards to farming?
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Another genuine question - Don't you think that newbies already have the guides to ask doubts? :lol:
  • Options
    I couldn't find a comprehensive guide explaining the best strategy. You got a link?
  • Options
    Well since nobody seems to take this seriously, i’m just going to delete the thread. I apologize to those that took offense.
  • Options
    Hey, should I level up my first characters first, or level up gear, or level up their stars? What's the best way to optimize my time in regards to farming?

Umm, I don't know if I'm "THE GUY"®, but I can offer a few suggestions.

Usually, you can do all three at once, and they're not mutually exclusive. But generally speaking, gear will make by far the biggest difference in a character's actual performance. Some characters, such as Darth Nihilus, are absolutely arena viable at 3* as along as their gear is decently high. Of course, a toon with good gear but level 1 isn't going to do anything either. But you'll just see much better improvements with gear than with a few levels or even a star.

Sometimes you might have to choose though if, for example, you have the credits to add a star or do some leveling, but not both. In that case, go for the star. It's usually not necessary to have every character at max level as long as they're high enough for the gear and abilities that you want, and not every character is good enough to warrant maxing their level, gear, or abilities (e.g., only use Clone Wars Chewbacca until you can replace him; dump him as soon as you can). An exception though is your arena team, which should always be kept at max level if you can afford it; anything lower can make you a target.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    Thanks Gufu, helping somebody out. That was my intentions.
  • Options
    Whats the best way to hit #1 fleet arena?

Im usually around 50-100, and its quite hard going above that. Run 6* Chimaera, fotp, biggs, TP, BF, and DV. Reinforcements are Cassian, Wedge, and scimitar. Farming Tie reaper but its been slow, along with trying to gear the pilots for that one.
  • Options
    Tie Reaper will help you get there, but you are running a great team with 4 of the best 5 ships in the game. To get the ships stats boosted to the max, make sure every character that are the pilots of the ships to be 7 Star, gear 12, maxed ability levels, AND 5, 5 dot mods all at level 15. Doesn’t matter the mods stats, just matters dots and level. I run your team, but have Tie Reaper instead of Boba Fett, and I am able to get first every day. My reinforcements are Boba Fett, Wedge, Phantom, Ghost.
  • Options
    I guess it was a figure of speech. I’ve played the game a long time, I get 1st in Squad and 1st in fleet arena. I am able to solo both raids, and have every “legendary” Character at 7 stars. I’m good at the game, I know the game, I study the game. I meant no offense, i’m only trying to help others.

Absolutely no offence taken at all Thunder- and I sincerely hope none was caused, not my intention.

I wanted you to explain a little more about yourself so others could decide if they wanted to field questions to you. And you did just that- so thanks :smile:

Now, of course, the test will be the quality of your advice :smile:
  • Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Whats the best way to hit #1 fleet arena?

Im usually around 50-100, and its quite hard going above that. Run 6* Chimaera, fotp, biggs, TP, BF, and DV. Reinforcements are Cassian, Wedge, and scimitar. Farming Tie reaper but its been slow, along with trying to gear the pilots for that one.

Try to get the best ships so you don't drop down far, there are some options for your first team. Use Thrawn as your capital ship if you have him otherwise use Tarkin's ship

For the other ships in the first line-up you want to use the Imperial Tie Fighter, First Order Tie Fighter, ****'s X-Wing, Tie Reaper and either Bistan's U-Wing or Vader's Tie Advanced.

For backup ships there are some options but I'd definitely start with the Scimitar for the other spots you can choose from Slave 1, Gauntlet, Millenium Falcon, Umbaran Starfighter, Ghost or Cassian's U-Wing

In order to make a ship as powerful as possible you'll want to upgrade your character's level, stars, gear level, ability levels and you want to give them all level 15 5* mods. this will make sure your ships stats are maxed out. Also the ships level and ability levels are important

Off course the star level on ships is important t as well. but the Tie Reaper for instance is viable at 4*
  • Options
    gufu21 wrote: »

Umm, I don't know if I'm "THE GUY"®, but I can offer a few suggestions.

Usually, you can do all three at once, and they're not mutually exclusive. But generally speaking, gear will make by far the biggest difference in a character's actual performance. Some characters, such as Darth Nihilus, are absolutely arena viable at 3* as along as their gear is decently high. Of course, a toon with good gear but level 1 isn't going to do anything either. But you'll just see much better improvements with gear than with a few levels or even a star.

Sometimes you might have to choose though if, for example, you have the credits to add a star or do some leveling, but not both. In that case, go for the star. It's usually not necessary to have every character at max level as long as they're high enough for the gear and abilities that you want, and not every character is good enough to warrant maxing their level, gear, or abilities (e.g., only use Clone Wars Chewbacca until you can replace him; dump him as soon as you can). An exception though is your arena team, which should always be kept at max level if you can afford it; anything lower can make you a target.

Hope this helps.

The only thing I would add to this is to build up a reserve of credits. When I was coming up I would have at minimum 1-2 million credits in reserve. After mods came out it was 5 mill so I could buy a mod in the shop. Now, it’s 10 million minimum. Unless I do something stupid and level a toon from 1-85. I do that so that I can always level, add a star, or buy any mods. It just takes some discipline.

Gear is always important. A 7* g6 isn’t going to do much. That being said, still farm hard nodes looking for gear on those nodes. For instance, node 7-C hard on dark side is a good one to farm because it drops guns and detonators, both of which will always be important. Very few people farm it for Plo Koon. But this way you are getting character shards, at least.
  • Options
    That makes me feel a lot better James lol! I really appreciate you responding back. This is a community of great people!
  • Options
    This is a community of great people!

It most definitely is!

• Options
    Hi
  • Options
    How do you unlock ship battles
  • Options
    Where is Guild create button
  • Options
    Hi
  • Options
    Hi
  • Options
    In about a month or so when I reach 85 (quick guess), how easy are Omegas to come across?

Quite scarce now at 79 but I'm guessing they'll have to replace XP with something......assuming they don't go and raise the cap just when I hit 85. That's happened before.....
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    In about a month or so when I reach 85 (quick guess), how easy are Omegas to come across?

Quite scarce now at 79 but I'm guessing they'll have to replace XP with something......assuming they don't go and raise the cap just when I hit 85. That's happened before.....

Once you hit level 80 you get 1 a day in daily activities,
  • Darkrose_One
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Stars seem to be a bigger bang for your buck up until gear level 7 or so (most of my main characters are 7G, or 8G). I can see a good jump in power when going from 6* to 7*. I am betting that higher level gear is a bigger bang for the buck as all the higher level players seem to say that gear is more important. Perhaps they mean [higher level, G9, G10, and/or G11?] gear is more important than stars [once you can actually get yourself some high level equipment].
    Post edited by Darkrose_One on
  • Options
    I’d say gear becomes more important around gear level 8 or 9, and increases in importance with each level.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Once you hit level 80 you get 1 a day in daily activities,

At 80 you say? 7* Thrawn may be within reach then.

With regards to gear, I've seen the difference between even 9 vs 8. 10 is so far from 8 it's not even funny.

With regards to stats, what do they actually translate to in numbers relating to things like armour etc.

Agility for example, on a tank. To keep things simple.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You might like to read this page and follow the relevant links.

https://gaming-fans.com/2018/01/swgoh-primary-stats-significance/
  • Options
    Ah, I see. It's actually very simple. I certainly notice the difference between bad/not well levelled mods

I'll assume that the star gear restriction is still a thing too. I wouldn't have noticed as I focus on a select group at a time with few side projects.

I certainly notice the difference between my not especially well modded Empire team and my very well modded Phoenix team.
  • Options
    Comprehensive study guides and strategies taught at some classes are quite helpful. My friend is thinking to go for LSAT Logic Games only. Her suggestion regarding joining evening classes is great. We both need to cover all the sections as early as possible. Finally daily practice for three months will be enough.