Re-Balancing Arena Shards

So I recently rejoined the game after probably a 2 year hiatus, and came to find that all my arena opponents were way too hard for me. After a couple months of solid playing, I can only get in the top 3k of my Shared (which is pretty terrible in terms of rewards). I basically want to propose a way that the devs can re-balance the shards to more accurately match galactic power to account for people like me (I know I can’t be the only one). Just takes a lot of the fun out of the game to know that I can probably never make it to the top. However, the other extreme would be restarting and it would suck to lose so much progress.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    This gets proposed frequently, but it won’t happen. You would be rewarding people who took breaks at the expense of people who have played consistently and worked hard and/or spent money to get ahead. Games like this are all about incentivizing you to play regularly.

BTW, people restart with new accounts for this reason all the time and are quickly better off for it
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    This gets proposed frequently, but it won’t happen. You would be rewarding people who took breaks at the expense of people who have played consistently and worked hard and/or spent money to get ahead. Games like this are all about incentivizing you to play regularly.

BTW, people restart with new accounts for this reason all the time and are quickly better off for it
    I could get restarting if you were strictly F2P. But for anyone who has spent more than $50 or so bucks on the game, I don't see the point in it.

I definitely agree with you about players being incentivized to stay active in the game though. And if you aren't, well, you suffer for it.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Xoulrath wrote: »

I could get restarting if you were strictly F2P. But for anyone who has spent more than $50 or so bucks on the game, I don't see the point in it.

I definitely agree with you about players being incentivized to stay active in the game though. And if you aren't, well, you suffer for it.

Even if you spent 5k, after a 2y hiatus it's worthless. It's sad, but true.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Agreed that it stinks in your case after the hiatus, but looks like you have 3 options bud.
    1.stop playing. Which you just came back.
    2.start over (crazy)
    3.grind it out (this is what I would do out of the 3)

Wish ya the best.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Xoulrath wrote: »

That's the goal to keep people active.

On the other side there are probably 300 people in your arena shard who are currently active so if you can get yourself ready for a legendary character event you will have a team able to cut through a lot of your arena shard easily enough.

Look at it this way every day you play you get $10 worth of free stuff in this game. You leave for 2 years well you threw away $7k +worth of free stuff for your account.

What does your $50 matter.
  • Options
    Just wondering how much you played before your pause because game is just little over 2 years old and you were on pause for 2 years
  • Options
    If you took 2yrs off you really didn't value the money spent in the first place. This game isn't a savings account.