When (or) should I leave my guild?

Started playing in mid November. Lvl 78, GP around 450k, finishing arena around 100 and fleet in top 5.

The guild I'm in now has a few 1.5+M who carry us through heroic Pit and normal AAT. The big upside is I usually finish top10-15 in both despite only being able to do 1 Million in the AAT and a couple hundred thousand in the pit. So, the plus is the raid rewards are unusually good for my lvl/collection, and I'm getting Han Solo very quickly in particular.

The downside is the guild GP is only 25-26M (too low to get Zeta's in tw) and we only get about 15 stars in tb. I'm also not getting any kenobi shards obviously.

Should I stay with this guild until I have my own pit/AAT teams and have unlocked Han solo, or are the tb, tw, and haat rewards finishing 40-50th in a bigger guild enough better to justify trying to leave asap?

Replies

• Options
    I'd stay, you would be in the same situation in a bigger guild just getting a couple GK shards, encourage your guildies to build HAAT specific teams, my guild is only 27million GP and we're only a couple weeks off of being able to complete HAAT
  • Options
    The gear in HAAT is usually worse than AAT raid

Only benefit is Kenobi shards. Granted, he is one of the top 5 best characters though
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You're probably better off where you are until you finish Han Solo.

If you multiply your current Galactic Power by the number of guild slots (450,000 x 50 = 22,500,000) you'll see that you're about where you should be at this point; that formula's calmed me down a bit when I've felt a bit impatient about mine. It's also worth noting that many HAAT guilds require a GP exceeding a million, and/or certain teams: they won't let you freeload. You may consider setting a threshold of sorts--say a seven starred Han Solo, the completion of teams needed for Territory Battles, or a certain amount of Galactic Power--before moving on to a new guild.

My guild is about where yours is at the moment, probably just a little worse off, really, but I'd guess--at current rate of growth--it'll only be a couple more months before we're doing HAAT (we're doing nAAT faster than we can make the tickets for it, but haven't tested to see whether or not we can do that with only 7 star characters and without taking advantage of roster refreshes). If we can do that, we'll build up our power and get further in Battles and qualify for better rewards in Wars. It's just a question of whether or not the guild can survive the slump it's currently in (I'm recruiting if you want to jump aboard. Ha, kidding. Okay, not really. Shh!) or not.
  • Options
    Probably best just stay for a while. If u are looking for high GP guild, are u sure they will accept u? High GP guild usually have minimum GP requirement. Stay at least until u have 1 mil GP
  • Options
    Unless you know of a friend in a HAAT guild, I wouldn’t expect to get in one at your level. Guilds are focused on GP now since TW and TB’s are reliant on it, and there’s a new raid coming... so higher level guilds that have HAAT on farm are going to be looking for players that can help them progress.

I wouldn’t look so much at the content that your current guild is clearing, but the makeup of the guild. One or two guys are not going to be able to clear HAAT by themselves unless they have very developed rosters with a team that can solo multiple phases. You should find a guild that is spread out in GP, but dedicated and progressing.
  • Options
    Sent you a PM for an opportunity to join our guild.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    i'd agree with the general consensus here, stay. don't try to run before you can walk. maybe get raid han first, if you move to a guild that's too big, it will take you forever to finish him.

in answer to your first question; when should you leave your guild?

there's a variety of reasons to could constitute doing so, for example:

do they hold you back? (at the moment i doubt it)
    how many tickets do they produce? (20k+ is ideally what you want, otherwise raids will be too infrequent)
    how strong is the leadership? (do they have a handle on TB/TW and are you progressing in a steady fashion)
    how do they communicate? (any top guild will need a 3rd party app like discord or line)

and just as important, how much do you like being there and playing with the guys in your guild?

i've been playing a long time so it's possible some of the expectations above are pretty high for a player at your stage of the game but there's just some general pointers there. eventually these are things you will need to consider.

In summary, if I were you I'd look at how progressive your current guild are, rather than where they're at right now. being a small fish in a big pond is not the way to go but you need it to be a good pond in order to grow.

good luck.

• Options
    Cuddlebear wrote: »
    Started playing in mid November. Lvl 78, GP around 450k, finishing arena around 100 and fleet in top 5.

The guild I'm in now has a few 1.5+M who carry us through heroic Pit and normal AAT. The big upside is I usually finish top10-15 in both despite only being able to do 1 Million in the AAT and a couple hundred thousand in the pit. So, the plus is the raid rewards are unusually good for my lvl/collection, and I'm getting Han Solo very quickly in particular.

The downside is the guild GP is only 25-26M (too low to get Zeta's in tw) and we only get about 15 stars in tb. I'm also not getting any kenobi shards obviously.

Should I stay with this guild until I have my own pit/AAT teams and have unlocked Han solo, or are the tb, tw, and haat rewards finishing 40-50th in a bigger guild enough better to justify trying to leave asap?

Kenobi is the best all-round character in the game, if you have the chance to get in a HAAT guild I'd do it if I were you. I still regret not doing it since I have 2.1M GP now and I just unlocked him while he could really help my arena team.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Cuddlebear wrote: »

Kenobi is the best all-round character in the game, if you have the chance to get in a HAAT guild I'd do it if I were you. I still regret not doing it since I have 2.1M GP now and I just unlocked him while he could really help my arena team.

with respect, you and the OP are miles apart in where you're at with the game. your roster is almost 5 times bigger. eventually not having GK will hold you back in the arena - but not at level 78 450k GP!

with respect to 'getting in a HAAT guild' - you will easily find a HAAT guild if you're active with ticket production and 1m+ GP, so there's no pressure to make an early jump. you'd be able to do that whenever you want.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Does your current guild have a plan for haat?

There are teams that can do a massive amount of damage. A 1.5 million gp player could have some of them. It would be a shame to leave your current guild 3 days before they are haat ready.

Do you have a plan for scoundrels. I was in a guild like your and I unlocked raid Han 5 days before I hit level 80. I knew this was coming so I only farmed 4 scoundrels for credit heist. If you are relying on raid Han for tier iv credit heists don't jump ship before you get raid Han.

What arena team are you planning. Raid Han is a good rebel and you are running a Wiggs chaze team raid Han is an excellant 5th. If you are running a Vader/palpatine/thrawn team then raid han doesn't do you a whole lot of good. It's better to start on haat.

Also are you cls ready. Cls event won't be too long away (probably april/May or june) but he is the route to an easy rancour solo team. So even if your team isn't great for the pit know that it won't be bad for ever.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If there's a big difference in level of activity in the two guilds in question, choose the guild with the highest level of activity. More activity => more progress both now and in the future. If one guild raids each raid thrice a week and the other guild only does one of each a week, I would definately choose the first.
  • Options
    If you are an ardent daily player, you deserve to be in a guild that is fully populated with players at a similar level of engagement even if you on the weaker or stronger side of that guild.

Don't camp in a guild with 10 real players, 10 partially actives, and 30 largely inactive players. The dividends that more frequent raid activity and higher engagement pay out over the course of 6 months are significant.
  • Options
    Are you in nu guild? It sounds just like mine. If you are we're working on things, if you ain't then just leave, you already have one foot out the door and are not committed to them.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like I'll stay put for the time being and just prioritize building haat teams of my own