Am I Ready for Thrawn

https://swgoh.gg/u/thessa-odai/collection/?f=phoenix Is my Phoenix good enough to beat tier 7 without having to worry about RNG?

Replies

• Options
    Definitely yes. Don't firget that the event is hard. Be sure to have 5* mods fir all tour toon. You should be able in less than 10 times. Follow the kill order in the last phase.
  • Options
    theoretically, if you put all your best mods on them

check out this video, might help:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-ysFhPB18
  • Options
    I’d say you’re in good shape. To have kanan a bit higher would help though. Just keep plugging away at them, or at least save gear for them for the “just in case”. Make sure to take out the deathtroopers first, then kill the others, then thrawn. That’s a must.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe?

Like I definitely think your team can handle it, and it's not one of those minimum gear 8 teams. You shouldn't have to spend hours on it.

That said, the team I beat it with (1st try, but I definitely could see me losing with that team.) Had a 220 speed g10 ezra, 200 speed g10 chop, g8 rest with only around +33 speed each. You've got a weaker chopper and slower overall, but higher speed overall.

You could push Chopper or Zeb to g10 and try to boost Ezra's speed, but I think you are good.
  • Options
    I hope ypu can get it.

Mine are all gr8 and im pretty confident i can beat it next time using my best mods. Got pretty close last time and with g6 or 7 chopper and only 3 or 4 omegas most abilities were 5-7 range some of choppers less. Ill definitely need the right rng tho
  • Options
    You can definitely beat it with that team. But the question was can you beat it without worrying about RNG, and the answer is no.... The wrong RNG will still screw you over.

That being said, unlike lower end teams who count on getting great RNG, you just need to count on avoiding terrible RNG... So I'd you don't get it the first time, you should definitely get it in the first 5-10.
  • Options
    I got him 7 stars in like 5 or 6 attempts with all g8 toons and g10 ezra. Just give 'em your best mods and try until you succeed. The event is very hard, so you will feel like you can't beat it at the first try. Just try again: I remember that on my first attempts I didn't even manage to kill the DTs. Then suddenly I beat it.
  • Options
    If this guy did it, you can do it too!!

Screenshot_20180131_035819.png

Screenshot_20180131_035150.png

• Options
    Wasnt that a hack?
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I got him 7 stars in like 5 or 6 attempts with all g8 toons and g10 ezra. Just give 'em your best mods and try until you succeed. The event is very hard, so you will feel like you can't beat it at the first try. Just try again: I remember that on my first attempts I didn't even manage to kill the DTs. Then suddenly I beat it.

Actually not aiming for the DTs is a good thing. They tend to aoe attack and that gets the whole/majority of the phoenix team to counter, which saves you a turn in fact.
    When reaching the last encounter, save ezra's dispel for the taunting stormtrooper which can quite a pain in the a**. Take him down asap, followed by the DTs. In between, hit thrawn whenever you get a chance to wear him down as much as possible. After they are down just aim for thrawn. Forget about the healers (imperial commanders I think), they rarely heal and they can't taunt and their dmg is not as mother high as thrawn's. Use zeb to daze/stun/stagger on thrawn whenever possible. The crux is to not let thrawn take a turn. Don't forget Sabine's aoe can stagger as well. Hera's expose comes in handy also, which can help to bring thrawn down faster. After thrawn is down, just take your time to kill off the 2 healers.
  • Options
    If this guy did it, you can do it too!!

Screenshot_20180131_035819.png

Screenshot_20180131_035150.png

That was obviously through hacking
  • Options
    Yeah, that isn't possible. Someone has the full Adobe suit LOL
  • Options
    7* Thrawn can be a terror to get, so just be patient and keep trying. After my first several attempts I didn't know if I would be able to pull it off, but I persevered and was able to get good rng and thrash him.