DV Terrifying Swing doesn't dispel Foresight

Terrifying Swing says Jedi cannot Evade or Resist the effects of the attack. Cool. However, I find that whenever I use Terrifying Swing against a Jedi who has Foresight (QGJ and Yoda are usual) the Jedi suffers Ability Block and takes damage, but does not lose Foresight. What's up?

Replies

• Options
    His basic isn't a dispel, so what's the problem? He goes through the foresight as it can't be evaded, so the foresight stays.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    why would the jedi lose foresight though? He didn't evade.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    So what are the exact mechanics of Foresight? Maybe that's my issue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it allows a toon to evade/dodge an attack, that evade/dodge consumes the buff.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    it allows a toon to evade/dodge an attack, that evade/dodge consumes the buff.

So in NOT evading, the Foresight stays? Or the other way - Foresight stays until the toon evades an attack, not until the toon is attacked.
  • rayroars
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »

Attacks that can't be evaded will not interfere with foresight as foresight is meant to evade a single hit. Even attacks that can dispel will not dispel other buffs on the target with foresight. You can try out DN's basic attack on a target with foresight.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    rayroars wrote: »
    Dralkyr wrote: »

Attacks that can't be evaded will not interfere with foresight as foresight is meant to evade a single hit. Even attacks that can dispel will not dispel other buffs on the target with foresight. You can try out DN's basic attack on a target with foresight.

unless it's an unavoidable dispel, like thrawn's fracture.
  • Options

If it didn't evade it didn't really have foresight. Rename foresight.
  • Options
    Works the same way with Grievous in HAAT (well. regular grievous too, for that matter, but since he's terrible no one ever uses him.....) Since these toons don't trigger the evasion it stays. While a little weird I think it just works, and works well.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Works similar to.raid han basic and R2 fire attack
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

If it didn't evade it didn't really have foresight. Rename foresight.

O_o
  • Options
    Makes sense. Thanks all!
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think it was really dumb when they started making different people with moves that Can't be evaded like Vader yet they dont activate foresight. His swing cannot be resisted this clearly goes through foresight. So it doesn't really make sense for it not to expire its not like Vader missed... Just never sat well with me even tho its always been like this
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    I think it was really dumb when they started making different people with moves that Can't be evaded like Vader yet they dont activate foresight. His swing cannot be resisted this clearly goes through foresight. So it doesn't really make sense for it not to expire its not like Vader missed... Just never sat well with me even tho its always been like this
    It's a game; try not to over think it.

Attacks that can't be Evaded are good for the game. But if the few attacks/abilities out there that can't be Evaded also took away Foresight, then that makes it a pseudo dispel, which then makes the move more powerful than it should be.

• Options
    I dont dislike attacks that can't be evaded i think they are great, just the fact that they dont activate foresight as if its not an attack at all or a miss, that's how i see it anyway.

And technically it wouldn't be a dispel, dispels dont go through forsight they can be evaded too (except Asajj's who cant be resisted) it would just be an attack, thats all it is
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Funfact: All the onehit buffs/debuffs require being activated to go away: a exposed character evading wont let exposet go away, a unit with advanatge will remain advanatged if the attack doesnt crit.
  • Options
    Also if a character is stunned and has foresight all attacks hit through the foresight and once they are no longer stunned foresight can then evade the next attack
  • Options
    oh well, its just foresight. I think its pretty straightforward and self explanatory if you read the description properly and have more exposure to the game. Certain debuffs like healing immunity is just stated as immune to healing, where in fact it applies to protection as well. These should be clarified properly in game I feel.
  • Options
    What's annoying is that unavoidable attacks like Vader's basic used to hit AND still clear the foresight. They shouldn't have ever changed that, because foresight has become an OP and very annoying mechanic as it is, and that one tweak would make it slightly less so.
  • Options
    What's annoying is that unavoidable attacks like Vader's basic used to hit AND still clear the foresight. They shouldn't have ever changed that, because foresight has become an OP and very annoying mechanic as it is, and that one tweak would make it slightly less so.

its always been this way. It was never changed.
  • Options
    rayroars wrote: »
    oh well, its just foresight. I think its pretty straightforward and self explanatory if you read the description properly and have more exposure to the game.

I read the actual Foresight in-game text. It says "Evades the next attack (if able)." I can see it either way: that it doesn't go away until the toon evades or as I assumed it was - that being attacked, whether it is evaded or not, gets rid of the Foresight.