zVader G12, worth it?

I'm reading on here that some think it's not worth the effort so I'd like to hear some thoughts/experience with zVader (l) g12. Right now I have him maxed at g11 minus zeta on unique. What does g12 do for Vader? I don't think it adds speed though his No Escape unique does enough of that against Jedi/Rebels enemies and Empire/Sith allies.

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Are you using his ship? Might be worth G12 just for that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    G12 is the new standard and anyone that you use regularly should be G12. He has one of the best ships in fleet and is a requirement for TB (and he completely tears kitten up in there now) so yes, he is worth raising to G12.
  • Options
    oh absolutely I use his ship. He's the only one I trust to TL/hit and eventually take out opposing TFP. I minimize hitting other TFP even if they're in red unless it's Tie Advance that will take final shot.

Good thought that this will help on ships as well. zVader is my lead in arena and speed increase gives him a very decent shot at applying Force Crush DOTs. I was relying on zThrawn to help on that prior to reworks.

It also seems that Culling Blade and basic damage have risen per my experience. Guess g12 should drive higher damage also.
  • Options
    I am rank 29 in Arena yes a gear 12 Vader is worth it.
  • Options
    G12 will add protection to vader
    And boost ship stats
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    G12 will add protection to vader
    And boost ship stats

Pretty much this. If I recall, he doesn't get a huge jump in damage, or even good gear 12 gold gear, but the extra protection and ship stats are why you'd want it.
  • Options
    Unfortunately Vader, Biggs, and GK all need the same "final" piece of gear to upgrade to G12, and all have very valid reasons why they should be G12 first. Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    Do not waste any of your pieces when Darth Vader gets his G12, his piece are garbage, whoever did this must hate Darth Vader, his upgrades at g12 are lame, Darth Vader doesnt even needs those pieces, this is a scam
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Zader G12 absolutely worth it, even before his new unique rework, but the 3 gear pieces when he is G12 are one big joke, only benefit you get is a little extra stats on his ship
    But in general be careful those gear pieces when toons are G12 as it feels like on a lot of the toons they have just given them the gear using RNG
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    thanks for all replies. I will keep working on Vader to g12.

Last night one of the guys in my guild completed Rancor with zVader, zThrawn, EP, Tarkin, TFP. Cool to do so without CLS. Apparently this does damage faster, I assume, DOTs, Fracture, Tenacity down. Sorry that this might turn into a Rancor discussion but the point is that Vader continues to rule in raids.
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Do not waste any of your pieces when Darth Vader gets his G12, his piece are garbage, whoever did this must hate Darth Vader, his upgrades at g12 are lame, Darth Vader doesnt even needs those pieces, this is a scam

Not entirely true. His post-G12 are not perfect but one of them still boosts his physical damage and crit chance (and tactics which is mostly wasted) and another boosts his armor and resistance. The third is mostly useless as it only increases his tactics and resistance. And all 3 will still boost his ship power.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Not entirely true. His post-G12 are not perfect but one of them still boosts his physical damage and crit chance (and tactics which is mostly wasted) and another boosts his armor and resistance. The third is mostly useless as it only increases his tactics and resistance. And all 3 will still boost his ship power.

Not to mention that you can almost "accidentally" get a lot of that gear in TW and TB from the salvage - and he's one of the few that (if you use him in both arena and his ship) would use it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*