Are DK, DT and ShT arena viable for long?

I’m currently running EP L, DV, Thrawn, TFP and GMT in arena and I’m solidly in the top 20 due to good gear. I just hit lvl81 and I’m considering what to do once I am level 82/83. I enjoy empire characters a lot and I’m considering farming DT exclusively from cantina while starting the extremely slow hard battle farms of ShT and DK (though DK is also in guild events store). What I’m most curious of is whether a team of EP, DV, DT, ShT and DK will be able to do well in squad once it becomes saturated with JTR and CLS teams.

Replies

• Options
    Your line up is really good end game right now. Most top ep squads are running that except death trooper instead of tfp. The cls Rey squads are all behind on work on my shard. Make sure to zeta ep lead and then Vader's unique.
    PS I'm in an old shard.
  • Options
    Nobody can say what will be meta in 6 months, however I don’t see DT, Shore and company going out of style anytime soon. They mop up CLS squads and Reaper is one of the better ships in the game, plus all are huge for DSTB and TW.
  • Options
    I currently run Palpatine, Vader, GMT, DN and Thrawn but Krennic and DT are my favorite duo in the game. I'd also love to hear some feedback if anyone has tried the team the OP mentioned. Im g11 on both and could try it if I gear them up a little more.
  • Options
    I guess I’m curious as to whether this will work without thrawn. Obviously he’s crazy good and super versatile, but I’m not sure who i would take out to put him in ShT heals and grants buffs, DT and Krennic do just about everything else. Maybe ShT isn’t the best behind EP since he doesn’t debuff, but i think a tank would give the whole team a lot more survivability. Is thrawn a requirement for any good empire team?
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    WhiteGold wrote: »
    I guess I’m curious as to whether this will work without thrawn. Obviously he’s crazy good and super versatile, but I’m not sure who i would take out to put him in ShT heals and grants buffs, DT and Krennic do just about everything else. Maybe ShT isn’t the best behind EP since he doesn’t debuff, but i think a tank would give the whole team a lot more survivability. Is thrawn a requirement for any good empire team?

I missed that you didn't have Thrawn in the comp. I'd probably use Thrawn instead of Shore mainly because if Vader gets stunned by a Han, I need Thrawn to clear it or I'm in big trouble.
  • Options
    Would DK, DT, Thrawn and EP work well under a Zader lead? I’m curious as that is going to be my first zeta and having hit 82 yesterday I’m well on my way to getting DK and DT arena ready ASAP. My thought is that this is a very well rounded squad with area damage being dished out by everyone but thrawn, a dispel, a 1 toon+ally cleanse, good debuffs with daze and stagger and dots/speed down all over the place, not to mention fracture and shock/stun, all adding up to lots and lots of tm reduction.

My shard is now filling with EP lead Empire teams and I’m struggling to stay top 10 with my current squad. Not being able to daze Biggs makes wiggs chaze teams nearly impossible because he just gains tm ever time I hit him so all my area damage hurts me big time.

Would ShT be a better option instead of EP just for survivability or is EP essential for a squad like this? I’m currently farming both ShT and DK from hard battles (DK from guild events as well) so its a slow grind that I’m going to be working on for a very long time. Since ShT has a taunt at the start of every encounter and a taunt/heal/buff, I feel he can really help my squad and protect DT, DK, DV, and Thrawn...maybe I’m wrong and its a bad idea. As always your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Would DK, DT, Thrawn and EP work well under a Zader lead? I’m curious as that is going to be my first zeta and having hit 82 yesterday I’m well on my way to getting DK and DT arena ready ASAP. My thought is that this is a very well rounded squad with area damage being dished out by everyone but thrawn, a dispel, a 1 toon+ally cleanse, good debuffs with daze and stagger and dots/speed down all over the place, not to mention fracture and shock/stun, all adding up to lots and lots of tm reduction.

My shard is now filling with EP lead Empire teams and I’m struggling to stay top 10 with my current squad. Not being able to daze Biggs makes wiggs chaze teams nearly impossible because he just gains tm ever time I hit him so all my area damage hurts me big time.

Would ShT be a better option instead of EP just for survivability or is EP essential for a squad like this? I’m currently farming both ShT and DK from hard battles (DK from guild events as well) so its a slow grind that I’m going to be working on for a very long time. Since ShT has a taunt at the start of every encounter and a taunt/heal/buff, I feel he can really help my squad and protect DT, DK, DV, and Thrawn...maybe I’m wrong and its a bad idea. As always your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

If you’re just looking for Arena gain you’re better off zetaing EP lead with your first zeta, switching him to lead and replacing DK with Shore as soon as he’s viable.

Shore is an absolute monster of a tank in an Empire squad. He can take a ton of punishment, builds up TM for all, hands out Crit Immunity, passively self heals, and has a group heal on taunt that he can basically use every other turn. He is really, really difficult to kill when given protection mods and paired with Thrawn.

Not saying Krennic is bad, he’s my current gear project in fact, but Shore and a zeta EP lead will do so much more. Since basically every Culling Blade gives everyone 100% TM, and everyone after the first turns into a kill shot; it matters less whether there is 5 DoTs or 50 DoTs. The guaranteed TM gain from Shore and Palps will far outrace the chance at TM reduction Zader lead provides.
  • Options
    DT and shore have one of the best ships in the game so I would keep farming them and farm reaper shards everyday. That ship takes a while
  • Options
    As I've said in several other posts here on the forums (and whenever someone asks me on discord), I say that the DT Krennic combo is one of the best ones in game right now, and crucial I'm mirror matches. For this, I assume both sides run EP lead (zetad) with Vader going 1st, to feed TM to the rest of the team.

In case the enemy Vader goes before yours, DT had a pretty good chance to get his TM boost and do his aoe cooldown increase. This will need up the entire strategy of the enemy guild. Offensively, it'll mean a win every time, and it pulled off a few defensive wins in my shard.

And even if the Meta changes, DT will always be one of the best control toons in game (daze, stun, cooldown increase, buff removal, and of course deathmark), while Krennic can make the damage output from raid Han to seem pathetic.

So - farm them. You won't regret it.
  • Options
    I run zzthrawn (L) zdt kren shore and storm.
    Top arena everyday. It drops though. To the 40s. I’m sure I’m a target for most of the JTR teams.

Any comp with han or r2 in it I eat them up.
    I only struggle against rey teams with thrawn in them.
    And only palp lead I struggle against is the ones with sith trooper.

It was a nice chance to use 4 of my fav toons in arena. (Everyone minus storm)
    And to run thrawn in both arenas.
    Problem with kren - it’s a long farm and needs a big speed boost. But when paired with zdt he’s awesome, his kit is great.
    Been thinking of throwing a lot more speed on him and zeta his lead.
  • Options
    I'm in the process of farming Shore (basically spending crystals on getting his shards in shipments and unlocking at 3*)

I'm lvl 80 and running Tarkin (L), EP, DV, DT, and Thrawn. Once I get Shore, I plan on taking out DT and putting Shore in his place. Should I take out Tarkin instead and run both DT and Shore? Right now, they are all gear 10. Which would be the better team out of these options?

1. EP (L), Thrawn, Vader, DeathT, ShoreT
    2. EP (L), Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, ShoreT

• WhiteGold
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    DT is too good, and while tarkin has tm removal and good debuffs, he’s not able to do even close to the amount that DT can do. DT is quite possibly the single best character in the game. He has both cooldown increase and a permakill like Nihilus, but he also has a daze on his basic, TM manipulation with krennic, can inflict heal immunity and has an area dispel (rare in the game)and has a multiattack against rebels (arguably the strongest faction). He has a partner that is insanely good. Alongside krennic, he deals increased damage, can protect him from crits and heal and i almost forgot, he has a guaranteed crit. It’d be hard to argue taking him out of any empire lineup. Oh and he gives troopers health steal so ShT gets a boost to his health just by being on his team.
  • Options
    DT is too good, and while tarkin has tm removal and good debuffs, he’s not able to do even close to the amount that DT can do. DT is quite possibly the single best character in the game. He has both cooldown increase and a permakill like Nihilus, but he also has a daze on his basic, TM manipulation with krennic, can inflict heal immunity and has an area dispel (rare in the game)and has a multiattack against rebels (arguably the strongest faction). He has a partner that is insanely good. Alongside krennic, he deals increased damage, can protect him from crits and heal and i almost forgot, he has a guaranteed crit. It’d be hard to argue taking him out of any empire lineup. Oh and he gives troopers health steal so ShT gets a boost to his health just by being on his team.

I always knew how awesome DT was but just reading out all the good things about him in pure text really makes it a no brainer. I just omega'ed his terminate so he has deathmark now. I just need to get the omega on his grenade so that it increases cooldowns a la Nihilus. Looks like I'll be pulling Tarkin and put Shore in when I get him soon. My DT is 4* and Shore will only be 3* but I'll put some of my best protection and health mods on so he should be fine.

I'll dump the Tarkin lead (was giving me an insane speed bonus) and go with Palpy lead so i can get that TM gain + extra potentcy and max health.