Can g12 zPhoenix get in the top 20?

I use g9 Phoenix with 3 zetas. Ezra is g11. I only have Chopper, and I am slowly farming Sabine. I’m also working on a squad to go with CLS (who I haven’t gotten yet.) My rank drops all the time. I have heard from some people that g12 fully zeta’d Phoenix is viable even in arena. Is this true? If it is, why is Phoenix so bad in early end-game?

Replies

• Options
    Before the era of God-Tier damages (basically the post-CLS era) Phoenix would have been epic but now with toons and setups that can OHKO GK's and maxxed Zanans arena wise they just are not enough anymore. Great for TW though High level phoenix guarantees opposing team must burn a high quality team
  • Options
    There's one guy who gets in top 20 in my arena shard with gear 12 fully zeta'd phoenix. I like seeing him because it's an easy 90 second win.

There's the perk that they work in fleet as well, but I'd rather use the gear and zetas on characters that are high end.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Any lead that does not have stealth, or counter ability will get obliterated by Resistance or troopers anyway.. While resistance and troopers may not holdon defense you can be assured that they will Target anything that's not stealth or counter based.

If I saw phoenix I would jump on them as fast as possible... only because Zfinn can't lose against it.
  • Options
    Phoenix don't do much damage , and most players know how to play against them. Their biggest weakness is they are a target.

With zetas they are #1 arena viable, at least in my July 17 shard. There are 2 of that make #1 at their payout but they fall to around 30-40 because they are a target. I play against them when they fall that far, but I usually time out against them they gain lots of health and protection when maxed out.

I have a maxed out G12 CLS Rebel team with Zeta Han, all CLS zetas and R2 zetas and still struggle to beat them before timeout. And I have around +100 speed with mods on all.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    I’m in a 1st month shard, and have a maxed Phoenix squad in my top 10. They can take out anyone on attacks, but as others have said the AI isn’t great with them, and it get’s SIGNIFICANTLY worse once zetas show up.

Examples: Kanan will only use Total Defense when someone is debuffed, Sabine prioritizes Darksaber Strike over Demolish, Ezra’s Watch & Learn gets used on everyone except Hera and Chopper(which unless you NEED that daze, is where it should go always), Hera uses Play to Strengths on members with full TM constantly, and rarely on Ezra.
  • Options
    I’m in a 1st month shard, and have a maxed Phoenix squad in my top 10. They can take out anyone on attacks, but as others have said the AI isn’t great with them, and it get’s SIGNIFICANTLY worse once zetas show up.

Examples: Kanan will only use Total Defense when someone is debuffed, Sabine prioritizes Darksaber Strike over Demolish, Ezra’s Watch & Learn gets used on everyone except Hera and Chopper(which unless you NEED that daze, is where it should go always), Hera uses Play to Strengths on members with full TM constantly, and rarely on Ezra.
    So does the health amount go way up at g12? I heard somewhere that g12 Zeb has the 3rd most health in the game at g12. Since CLS is so much better on defense, as soon as he comes back, I’m switching. Phoenix can beat Wedge on offense, but a proper CLS team can beat Wedge on offense and defense. I’m planning to use CLS, R2, Ezra, Ben, and Thrawn for a future team.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You can see all character max stats and sort by health or whatever you want on swgoh.gg
    Of course unqiues and other things wont be included just base max health ect. I think Scariff Rebel Pathfinder has the highest health maybe that changed with g12 tho

Edit Nope Gamorrean is top health zeb is 4th
  • Options
    Ravib wrote: »

So does the health amount go way up at g12? I heard somewhere that g12 Zeb has the 3rd most health in the game at g12. Since CLS is so much better on defense, as soon as he comes back, I’m switching. Phoenix can beat Wedge on offense, but a proper CLS team can beat Wedge on offense and defense. I’m planning to use CLS, R2, Ezra, Ben, and Thrawn for a future team.

There’s a g12 gear piece that adds 4500 health.
  • Options
    There’s a g12 gear piece that adds 4500 health.
    Do many other characters have that gear piece?

• Options
    I think he meant 6250 health unless there is a 4500 health piece also i haven't seen. But alot of people need the 6250 peice even squishy characters like Grandmaster Yoda or Han solo need it. There's also a peice that adds 1500 health 110 strength that ended up being almost 4000 health increase on Jyn.
  • Options
    Phoenix are fine on offense especially with Zetas.

On defence burst teams rip them apart. They have no pre taunt and can be sniped easy - usually Hera first then Ezra. With crit heavy teams (CLS/Wiggs) its pretty much an auto losss - add in a cleanser and dispeller (Baze or Bobba) and the team is just dead in the water which is why they fall so hard.

On the flip side they hold brilliantly well vs NS teams who in turn wreck many CLS teams.

• Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    I think he meant 6250 health unless there is a 4500 health piece also i haven't seen. But alot of people need the 6250 peice even squishy characters like Grandmaster Yoda or Han solo need it. There's also a peice that adds 1500 health 110 strength that ended up being almost 4000 health increase on Jyn.

Exactly this, it was late.
  • Options
    I’m also working on a squad to go with CLS (who I haven’t gotten yet.)

I suspect CLS is on his way out of the arena meta, at least for a while.
  • Options
    The AI can’t play them at all is the correct answer. They are horrible on defense so jump them as high as you can and on your last turn for the day, switch to a high Def team to hold your rank. I forgot to do this last night and am paying the price. I was ranked 450 at payout yesterday 5pm pacific, and woke up at rank 1651. My bad for being bad and not putting my Def team in.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I use g9 Phoenix with 3 zetas. Ezra is g11. I only have Chopper, and I am slowly farming Sabine. I’m also working on a squad to go with CLS (who I haven’t gotten yet.) My rank drops all the time. I have heard from some people that g12 fully zeta’d Phoenix is viable even in arena. Is this true? If it is, why is Phoenix so bad in early end-game?

Like almost all similar questions, the answer is "depends on your shard".

If your shard is very nightsister heavy, you'll probably do well, even on defense. If the top of your shard is all JTR or CLS teams (or, god help you, Palpatine-led sith or Empire teams), then you'll do poorly.

Like most "fun" teams (see also: Ewoks) one thing that makes them fun is that they're kind of complicated to play and you get to make lots of interesting decisions on offense. The AI will screw up almost all of these decisions, however, which means you're a sitting duck on defense.

The upside is that Phoenix are by far easier to obtain than Nightsisters, JTR, CLS, or (to a lesser degree) newfangled EP/Vader teams. So it may be that even though they're not the best option in the abstract, they may be your best option *right now*.
  • Options
    I am currently running: zzThrawn lead, zzVader, Shoretrooper, Col Starck and Deathtrooper. Thrawn, death and shore are all g12. I can pretty much smash the CLS teams. rey/rey with bb8 and r2 are so hard to beat. My biggest complaint is that I don't hold worth a crap. I could climb higher if I bothered to spend crystals. However, I just don't feel it is worth it since I drop upwards of 100 places every day. So, I content myself to 100-200 or below 100 depending on how far I jump with each win. It also depends on how far I have fallen between the payout and the day. Sometimes I fall to 270-300 from 118 or lower.
    Lassic the Chosen
    "Might or Magic, All will fall before the Chosen"
  • Options
    My max Zzeb destroys every Zavage and Zoku.
  • Options
    Depends on the shard. They're great against NS and can hold their own against CLS (at least on offense), but jtr shouldn't have a problem with them and EP will laugh at them. In my shard, 13 members out of the top 20 made the switch to EP, so no. If your shard had plenty of NS in them, they are probably your best shot.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    There's one guy who gets in top 20 in my arena shard with gear 12 fully zeta'd phoenix. I like seeing him because it's an easy 90 second win.

He he he...same.

:wink:

• Options
    It's probably all shard dependent. I think they're a small step below the elite teams (Rey, cls, nightsisters, palpatine) but better than everyone else. You could probably hang out near the top 20 with them if you really wanted to.

I think they're definately worth investing in at least for TW defense. One of the best setups for TW defense in my opinion
  • Options
    I think before Vader and palp reworks they could have been more viable. That anti Jedi/Rebel hurts them.
    They must be even more fun to play all maxed out.
  • Options
    It's probably all shard dependent. I think they're a small step below the elite teams (Rey, cls, nightsisters, palpatine) but better than everyone else. You could probably hang out near the top 20 with them if you really wanted to.

I think they're definately worth investing in at least for TW defense. One of the best setups for TW defense in my opinion
    My shard is filled with Wedge and Chaze teams before the top 250. Everything else is CLS or JTR. There is like one NS sqaud and one EP squad in the top 50. If I put the battle on auto, Phoenix always loses, indicating that the ai is horrible.