DN lead against NS

Anyone try this? I feel like the health regen will cleanse and counter the plague.
Currently torn on my next gear and considering Sith for the sake of DSTB, Sith Raid, Arena (NS counter), and TW (a generally decent team).

Otherwise I’m considering an Empire based EP (DSTB, TW)
Or NS themselves (TW, NS counter[ish], not DSTB since Zombie is 4*)

Replies

• Options
    I was actually just contemplating this same thing (DN lead) downside is, they aren't really the best against the other metas, sadly. There is one person in the top 50 in my shard hanging on to DN though, but he uses DN, Dooku, SiT, GAT and I believe EP.
  • Options
    DN lead does very well against NS. DN, Palp, Vader, Dooku, Savage. You stun the heck out of anything that moves, and have 3 that can wipe out Acolyte whenever she comes out of stealth, or stun her and wait. Aoe will fully heal and cancel plague. Very effective.
  • Options
    Yeah, he’d be terrible if left on defense. I’d have to switch him out afterwards. That might even be the setup that I choose too, idk. Maybe not GAT, but possibly.
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Its just so strange, you would think healing 100% (or 150% with zeta) of damage dealt would be great on defense no matter who it is against!
  • Options
    Too easy to counter. Health immunity, Daze on SiT, not to mention that you can easily kill one of them off before they had a chance to steal health
  • Options
    It is. Problem is most Sith don’t do enough damage and tend to be slows. In high end arena Rex, CLS and R2 killed them mainly because they are reliant on debuffs which Rex cleansed, and the Counters of CLS meant any AOE was a death sentence. I actually think a team of DN lead, Vader, Palp, Sith Trooper, and GK could be effective because you’d protect your Sith with the two tanks and Taunt and with GKs assist and retribution they could probably work.
  • Options
    Sad but true.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Based off my experience (and I haven't a toon too g12 yet) I don't think it'll be enough to keep plauge off assuming equal mods. Nightsisters are real stun heavy and that'll take a big ugly dump on that crucial first turn of healing.

That said, I do think Nihilus lead will win most of the time tho. Between DN, EP and DV they'll be plenty of aoe, so Acoylte will have a hard time. Add Sass and stir in one more Sith.
  • Options
    I simply add TFP in my lineup for 10 min specially for NS
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    Based off my experience (and I haven't a toon too g12 yet) I don't think it'll be enough to keep plauge off assuming equal mods. Nightsisters are real stun heavy and that'll take a big ugly dump on that crucial first turn of healing.

That said, I do think Nihilus lead will win most of the time tho. Between DN, EP and DV they'll be plenty of aoe, so Acoylte will have a hard time. Add Sass and stir in one more Sith.

Yeah it’s the stuns I’m most worried about in this matchup. Forgot to consider Acolyte.. but they do have some decent AoE’s
  • Options
    I simply add TFP in my lineup for 10 min specially for NS

Ooo TFP, good idea
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    An emperor lead or empire team can tear into NS.

Palp, TFP, Shore, DV, Storm prolly clean house

Imp troopers already known as counters

I suspect Palp, DV, Sass, DN, +1 would be rather sucsessful

You've really got options here. But, I think DN lead would be a poor choice compared to EP and even Zader
  • Options

You've really got options here. But, I think DN lead would be a poor choice compared to EP and even Zader

EP lead zVader shore thrawn and tarkin also take NS apart quite handily
  • Options
    Nightsisters are the biggest gimmick i ever seen in this game,Im glad their time is over,itll get even better when Grievous and separists get their rework...i cannot wait!!
  • Options

Yeah, the troopers. Mine aren’t strong enough to beat the arena NS, unless perhaps I move mods around, but I don’t want to.

An EP Empire team is something I’m considering. Only thing that makes me want to tilt in favor of DN lead is that it’s all Sith and itd double up for that new Sith Raid.

Guildmate convinced me to go NS though since he believes Zombie should be F2P soon
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Nightsisters are the biggest gimmick i ever seen in this game,Im glad their time is over,itll get even better when Grievous and separists get their rework...i cannot wait!!

How is their time over?

New shards are filled with NS with no end in sight..
  • Options
    I haven't tried much recently but it works ok. I have zeta DN lead though. If health steal would be enough without then not so sure.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    A significant part of JT Rey teams is the exposes... Turning your protection into health means they'll take you down quick. Against other teams... It might work. My DN isn't arena worthy yet, and I wouldn't risk it even if he was, but if anyone wants to try it...
  • Options
    I didn’t read all the comments, but I run a NS team in Arena and 4/5 times beat every team. The issues that I have are: Palp doesn’t get stunned I’m in trouble, AOE dmg hurts the sisters bad. So tenacity palp will help. Get a Zavage in there because it might force them to put the initiate in the team over another champ to buff block. However, the stacks on Zentress with the Talzin “bring the hate” move will kill him eventually.

All that said, a Maul lead is the way to go vs the sisters. They can’t focus on a toon because of the stealth and that hurts them.

NOTE: I don’t run Spirit yet because she is presently not strong in my inventory.

Team is: Talzin lead (no zeta yet, probably another two weeks for that) Acolyte, zombie, daka, Zentress (unique zeta)