Arena Advice Please

I'm level 65 and usually rank about #900 in squad arena and can get #600 if I try really hard. I feel like I can do better and want to rank higher to get better rewards. Link to my collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/popllz/collection/
I currently use a squad of Boba Fett, Vader, Biggs, Lando and either Old Ben, Kylo (Unmasked) or Ackbar depending on who I'm up against. My strategy here is to spread around as many debuffs as I can and then use Culling Blade and Execute to get some quick easy kills.
Since my rebels are some of my highest power characters I was thinking about using a squad of Ackbar (lead), Biggs, Lando, Old Ben, and ST Han. The other option would be to put Lando as lead and add Boba to the squad since he would then be getting leader bonuses.
(In case it help anyone, I'm farming Lando (Cantina Node), Boba (Cantina Store), ST Han (Squad Arena), Biggs and his ship (Galactic War) and Wedge and Maul (fleet arena). (I'm using most of my normal energy on gearing (currently Biggs)).
I would like to know which squad setup I should use and if my current farming needs changing.

Replies

• Options
    The proposed AA lead squad wouldn’t work so great. You have only 3 that have non attacks(AA, STHan & OB), but only Lando(and maybe Biggs, I guess) so any damage on basic. Most of your assists will call AA & OB, since RNG loves to do that kind of thing.
  • Switcheroo
    50 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Your team lacks synergy and damage. Go for Lando (L), Boba, STHan, Biggs +1 until you get Wedge, then change to Wedge lead. At that time you might want to change out Boba also since he has synergies from Lando lead but not from Wedge.

However, it might take you some time to catch up with people who farmed more concentrated from the beginning. With some patience, you might be able to do better though. Then start thinking about the end-game. What team do you want to prepare for? Remember also that since the rework Palpatine/Vader teams are popping up everywhere so rebels might not be the ideal solution forever.

P.S. if your Ackbar is high-ish you can use him as a 5th for the cleanse vs. Empire for example. However, his lead doesn't really work in this team because it doesn't give speed nor damage.
  • Options
    Wedge (lead), Biggs, Lando, Boba, STHan.

Get R2 and replace either Lando or Boba.

Get Leia and replace whichever is left. And farm the heck out of her, she is a killing machine.