Sun Fac viable for Arena and Fleet until when?

CountPookoo
189 posts Member
edited February 2018
So my arena shard is filled with NS and the trend now seems to be gearing zombie meaning at lower levels you waste so much time trying to kill zombie and even with a better geared team you will loose b/c of the dps wasteage on zombie - dispel only works once as do other forms of buff immunity.

I got lucky with Sun Fac and was wondering why more people don’t use him in fleet and arena? His kit seems great (dispel on basic + solid counters + decent ship) - I read a few articles saying his gear requirement is very high so my question is (directed at people who have invested in Sun Fac):

1. When does his utility start to drop off in fleet and arena?
2. Is there any particular ships he pairs very well with - looks like Scimitar and Sun Fac go well?
3. Is it me or does his dps in arena seem on par with other attackers?

Trying to weigh up whether to invest in him..

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Sun Fac is one of the best tier 2 toons out there. He's not meta, but can be very useful in situations you need more than one team (read: TB, TW). His ship is the same. While it doesn't hold a spot in the current fleet Meta (TIEs + Biggs under Empire Capital), yes a very useful ship that can hold it's own. The only real issues with him is the high heat requirements and the fact that his shards are a hard farm. Nobody wants to spend that much effort on a B class toon. Just ask Gar Saxon.
  • Options
    Bcause GK > Sun fac

Well u can still use him if we in the year 2016 :frowning:
  • Options
    Was thinking at adding Sun Fac.At almost G10 he already has over 70 k health and protection.NS teams are easy picking from an Empire team that does tons of AoE.As for his ship,it's quite good and extremely annoying to go against to.Sun Fac should definitely get more attention since these days all teams are based on buffs.
  • Options
    I have him as second reinforcement on fleets, I’m top 3 in a jan 17 ship arena. His ship is better than a lot of people realise and helps under a tarkin lead with his tl on counter. Good solid tank who I prefer to use to fives as a spare tbh
  • Options
    As far as his farm, I dont know what he was like before but I just started farming him last month and am 50/100 and have his ship at 5* He or his ship shows up at lear once every fleet refresh and sometimes his character shards will have 10 per refresh. For me he has been on of the fastest farms in the game.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I like SF quite a bit.... as stated, he's at the top of the SECOND-tier of toons. So he doesn't quite go against the META in arena well, but he's still a very useful toon to have leveled and geared. His place is on a defensive squad in TW, and he's best as a reinforcement in ships (after the enemy has a bunch of buffs up) and yes he pairs VERY well with Scimitar.

So I wouldn't quite call him Arena-viable if trying for a top-100 spot, but he's worthwhile as a plug-and-play tank in TW, and is a great reinforcement in fleet arena
  • Options
    Cheers thanks all for the input. For pairing with Scimitar would Sun Fac be 1st reinforcement and Scimitar to follow? Or would u run him as main and first reinforcement was Scimitar - curious how u line up the retribution on him
  • Options
    I would personally have him first off the bench. My first ship destroyed is usually Biggs. He can come in and fill that spot. Giving your main ships longer to live.
  • Options
    Cheers thanks all for the input. For pairing with Scimitar would Sun Fac be 1st reinforcement and Scimitar to follow? Or would u run him as main and first reinforcement was Scimitar - curious how u line up the retribution on him

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a minute... maybe I just learned something. Are reinforcements called according to their placement? I always assumed AI chose reinforcement order based on some half-a$$ed algorithm. If so, what's your source for this information? Or am I missing out on common-knowledge?

To answer your question, if given a choice, I'd call SF first. That gives the opportunity to have BOTH SF and Scimitar in the same line-up if somebody dies before SF... with any luck, SF could gain retribution twice.
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a minute... maybe I just learned something. Are reinforcements called according to their placement?

Yes, on defense, reinforcements are always called in order from left to right.
  • Options
    CptCheez wrote: »
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a minute... maybe I just learned something. Are reinforcements called according to their placement?

Yes, on defense, reinforcements are always called in order from left to right.

This was my understanding also and just tested it - seems to be the case.