GW difficulty not locked in at 85

I've noted on both mine and my son's accounts that despite gw difficulty supposedly being locked in at 85, both of ours seem to continually increase. For example, today node 11 he faced a g11 Wiggs/Chaze/R2. Not end of gw. And keep in mind he had one g10 toon upon reaching 85, has zero g11 now, and his highest toon at that time was maybe 12k. This team is higher power than his current arena team, much less what it was at 85.

I have seen similar difficulty increases as well. Teams that were way above my ability at hitting 85, i.e. g12 CLS squads, and though I am able to still complete, it is a definite increase in difficulty. More noticeable with his as he does not have the depth of roster, and no zeta toons, so cannot complete some of his gw. If the difficulty truly was locked in, these teams would never be showing up anywhere in GW.

Replies

• Options
    Believe they will show up until you get a little more developed , once you develop your roster , or your top squad or two a little more, then you will see a gradual flatlining of difficulty.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yep that's right, but that is about it. I don't think I met any full G12 titan team or anything better than that.
    I've seen G12 Wiggs, G12 Chaze, G12 or 11 CLS, some purple R2 and zolo, maybe G12 R2 as well. Some Rex teams too. But what I really see almost everyday on the last node is a Jedi team like G10~11 luminara, yoda, windu, eath koth...
  • Options
    Yep that's right, but that is about it. I don't think I met any full G12 titan team or anything better than that.
    I've seen G12 Wiggs, G12 Chaze, G12 or 11 CLS, some purple R2 and zolo, maybe G12 R2 as well. Some Rex teams too. But what I really see almost everyday on the last node is a Jedi team like G10~11 luminara, yoda, windu, eath koth...

That's basically what I see too. Yesterday I hit a g12 CLS. Even though they are g12, the mods on them are terrible so that affects their gp and quality. There is a cap, but you have to remember the later nodes are above what you would typically have at lvl 85. Soon simming will be available so it really won't matter unless you haven't been able to complete the number you need to sim.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I faced an entirely blue geared team in node 4 the other day, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Difficult locks in not at level 85 but the maximum difficulty is based on the average power of someone who has just recently reached level 85.

If your son hit level 85 with 1 gear 10 character he would be a weak level 85 so he can expect it to get harder.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I faced an entirely blue geared team in node 4 the other day, haha.

I had that yesterday in node 7 somehow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH