ShT and SiT under EP

I’m hoping to make the new Palp, Vader mechanics work out.

I’m looking to aim for try EP (L), DV, DN, SiT and Shore. I am working towards Thrawn and will put him in for DN once I get him. I don’t have access to GK yet.

I feel that this offers a few nice things. Heals, both from ShT and EP lead, TM gain, dual tank to keep DN alive, most characters are tanky, offense down and of course Annihilate.

ShT is a hard farm for a F2P. Does the above team make sense? Does it have a snowball’s chance in hell for a, say, top 50 spot? I would appreciate some feedback before I commit to farming him. I'd hate to get him to a good star and gear level and then find out the comp is useless.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Replies

• Options
    Thrawn should go in for SiT assuming ShT is equally geared and ShT is viable at 3*, well worth the investment.
  • Options
    You could also try EP, DV, Thrawn, ShT and Stormtrooper.

Double tank is very important to keep EP alive. Otherwise he gets destroyed on defense.
  • Options
    I just battled a nightsisters team and a JTR team that rotate #1 and beat them both with EP, Vader, DN, SiT and ShT. The team is viable on offense, I don't dare find out how it holds.
  • Options
    Alright. Thanks for letting me know.

I have ShT at 4 stars and probably will start farming and slap one last gear level on him. Good thing tanks don't need 7 stars to be viable. It will be some months before that seventh.
  • Options
    Advantage of SiT is that even if AB, he can taunt. Against Rey, it can be useful.
  • Options
    Thrawn under palp lead >:)
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    I find tarkin really good in my empire squad, he can land a lot of debuffs as well as aoe TM reduction.
    If u have tarkin developed (not that strange since hes a good fleet leader) u could try him while gear up one of ur tanks... Since he will land offense down so often ur single tank will get half damage (while off down is not cleansed, ok xD) so will help ur team survive almost as good as a 2nd tank, while giving u a ton of TM cuz debuffs expiring... Just saying xD
  • Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    I find tarkin really good in my empire squad, he can land a lot of debuffs as well as aoe TM reduction.
    If u have tarkin developed (not that strange since hes a good fleet leader) u could try him while gear up one of ur tanks... Since he will land offense down so often ur single tank will get half damage (while off down is not cleansed, ok xD) so will help ur team survive almost as good as a 2nd tank, while giving u a ton of TM cuz debuffs expiring... Just saying xD

Imo Tarkin works well on offense. But on defense JTR or CLS gets rid of ShT taunt in the first round. They also add ability block or buffimunity and then it is over for EP if you dont have a second tank.
  • Options
    I think you'll be pleased with the lineup you're shooting for. I run something very similar, KRU instead of Shore. 99% of JTR teams are a breeze. If you see GK Barriss teams, they completely fall apart. CLS and Nightsisters are difficult on offense and probably win easily on D
  • Options
    I run EP, DV, Thrawn, DN, SiT. I tried dual tanks but I found that Thrawn worked better for me. I also like the fact that SiT will auto taunt. Really the most important part of this team is for DV to go first. I have one team in my arena that matches my DV speed exactly(245), and that’s the only team I avoid because it’s not a sure win. On defense I drop 15-20 spots, not sure if that would be better with 2 tanks.
  • Options
    Thrawn is a project for the future. I don't even have a full Phoenix squad yet and all cantina energy goes to mods currently.

KRU is an interesting idea. I might pick him over ShT because he is much easier to farm. Losing Crit Immunity worries me slightly, but the reliable stun is an interesting replacement.

I've also thought of adding Zid. I already have him decently geared and the with the amount of dots he puts up, he is TM machine under EP. A bit like Tarkin. EP, DV, Zid, Tarkin, DN might be good on offense (also pretty easy to farm). On defense one or two tanks might be added.
  • Options
    I've been having lots of fun with Emp L, Tarkin, vader, Tfp and storm.
    Lots of Tm shenanigans. Make storm speedy so he gets his taunt off quickly, then all the retaliation from the aoes, slows the opposition down nicely. Theres lots of debuffs going off which helps vader and tfp.
  • Options
    I’m in a similar situation and tried SiT but with retribution up he didn’t seem to gain the +health when countering - I thought it would work when he uses his basic with retribution up..

What would be the best Empire team to hold vs NS on defense?
  • Options
    I’m in a similar situation and tried SiT but with retribution up he didn’t seem to gain the +health when countering - I thought it would work when he uses his basic with retribution up..

What would be the best Empire team to hold vs NS on defense?

I noticed that too. Is it WAI? His health steal should always work, right?
  • Options
    I think any combo of palpatine zeta lead, Vader, and any combo of kenobi, shore, sith trooper, thrawn, deathtrooper, or Tarkin can work in arena as long as you have one of the taunters in there and enough speed mods on Vader
  • Options
    I'd definitely recommend the shoretrooper over tarkin, at least on D. I use a CLS team and EP team is cake if there's no autotaunt (fracture EP before he takes a turn, hard kill while he's fractured, and the whole team falls apart without the stuns). Once you get Thrawn, mod for speed and put him in over SiT so he can swap turns with EP and get his stun off immediately. And a warning with Vader against CLS, his AOE will fill up CLS' turn meter, so after vader CLS will go, then remove all TM from one of your toons (EP if not protected), and probably let their Thrawn go next (TM boost with CLS' debuffs). Good luck, this team is totally top 10 viable (3 in my shard) and adds some much-needed diversity to the squad arena.