New player getting overwhelmned

2Next

Replies

• Options
    anyone? i have 25,000 crystals and need to know if thats enough or worth it and if events carry over yor progress
  • Options
    thanks for all the advice. All those guys that are leveled like that was from when i started the game lol i wont make that mistake again. I been farming phoenix like everyone said and been farming boba and i got lando and been leveling and gearing a dark side team , just not sure wich team combo to use.
    But now that i already made that mistake and all those toons are in fact gear 7 and 4* or higher i was thinking now that its already done should i stay on that path with a small amount of them thats why i asked. Some of the toons i started seemed good as a side project since i already wasted on them.
    Here is my list for your convienience https://swgoh.gg/u/di4medollaz/collection/

My ships are coming along but like someone said a few comments up empire ships are such a slow farm and all the top guys in my shard are almost all easy farm high star and level ships like jedi cons , ashoka ect. Thats why i wanted to know if i should stop wasting ship tokens on empire ships cause it has great toon tokens alot.
    Ive gotten almost all the dark ships that youtube videos say are good to 4 star but like i said it feels like a waste but even still i dont think im gonna farm those easy ships cause it seems it will fall off bad later.

Ok now i really need help knowing something.
    Now that jedi ray came out and i seen the requirments my question about getting her was laughable lol. BB8 not so much.
    I bought the first order pack cause it leveled my phasma to 7* and kylo to 6* and FOTP to 5* and as a added bonus it gave me 4* First order officer and 4 *first order stormtrooper. I already had the FOE and FOSFTP from chromium.

With that roster i got up to tier v BB8 I only need tier v to complete him but i only have 3 out of 5 five star and up guys with the officer and kylo unmasked and the stormtrooper needing 60 shards a piece too 5*
    How much do you think it would cost me to complete that last tier with what i have? i will even buy the training droids and credits so i dont waste what i have. Should i?
    when a event finishes and restarts months later can you do the low stages again or does it continue where you left off?

oh and lastly i bought the resistance pack cause those packs are great deals. i wont level them as per your advice but it did get me finn and rey almost 6* and poe 5*. Finn seems like the only good one. Scavanger rey was apparently meta when i first started lol and i stopped , that was a long time ago haha

anyone? i have 25,000 crystals and need to know if thats enough or worth it and if events carry over yor progress

edit i did it , i gotta say those 599 crystal faction packs are terrible value lol. I spent about 13,000 crystals and got kylo og to 6 , FOTP to 5 and a half , phasma 7 , First order officer to 5 , first order stormtrooper to 5 and half. I then bought the han , chewie pack basically for the gear and mats and cause i already had them. And i spent around 4000 crystals on training droids and credits so i dont waste what i have and energy and cantina refreshes and a few pieces of gear for crystals and gearing first order too 7.

It was super hard but i kept trying for rng and after 45 min i did it , i got 4* BB8 and will be ready for next time.

Im gonna now only do what people said in my thread and use crystals for refreshes for phoenix only. Unless i should do BB8 or finn on the side? i will leave first order alone for now.
  • Options
    you're getting lost in the weeds again. I mean, BB8 is great and all, but you're only going to get him at 5 stars and he doesn't really do much in the short term for any of your teams, so why waste the resources on him now when you know he'll be back in a couple of months when you're more ready for him? If you're going to spend actual money, spend it on crystals so you can buy more cantina energy to farm Hera, Ezra, and Chop faster. That will dramatically and QUICKLY improve your arena ranking and your ability to easily clear GW more than anything BB8 is going to do.

Lastly, Finn, Poe, and Rey all have their uses eventually, so it's not a waste, they just won't do anything for you immediately.

• Options
    I don't want to hijack this thread but I have question myself. Being in a similar position and having spread my resources around a bit; it made sense to put it here.

I started working on building up my starting characters (including Cassian) for my light side team and building around Talia for my DS team. I came to the forums and saw that Phoenix is pretty much a must have so diverted everything onto building these guys.

I'm still sailing through GW and farming Phoenix but my arena standing is suffering as my Nightsisters are not progressing and Phoenix is not strong enough to take over yet. I was placing 7-800 but I'm dropping to the 12000ish mak now.

Have I permanently knackered myself into being behind my shard?

https://swgoh.gg/u/poodletron/collection/
  • Options
    poodletron wrote: »
    I don't want to hijack this thread but I have question myself. Being in a similar position and having spread my resources around a bit; it made sense to put it here.

I started working on building up my starting characters (including Cassian) for my light side team and building around Talia for my DS team. I came to the forums and saw that Phoenix is pretty much a must have so diverted everything onto building these guys.

I'm still sailing through GW and farming Phoenix but my arena standing is suffering as my Nightsisters are not progressing and Phoenix is not strong enough to take over yet. I was placing 7-800 but I'm dropping to the 12000ish mak now.

Depends on how old your shard is, I suppose. Nightsisters still dominate mine, but I think they need Talzin to do so. Talia is not a good foundation for anything non-nightsisters. At this point I would continue to work on Phoenix and just accept that arena is going to be a lost cause for now. Focusing on Phoenix will help in a lot of areas, including arena (indirectly) as they can get you Emperor Palpatine and Thrawn, both of whom are hot in arena right now.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

Depends on how old your shard is, I suppose. Nightsisters still dominate mine, but I think they need Talzin to do so. Talia is not a good foundation for anything non-nightsisters. At this point I would continue to work on Phoenix and just accept that arena is going to be a lost cause for now. Focusing on Phoenix will help in a lot of areas, including arena (indirectly) as they can get you Emperor Palpatine and Thrawn, both of whom are hot in arena right now.

It looks to be a new shard, only started playing end of Feb. I know I'm never going to keep up with those who pump a lot of cash into the game but I was just not sure if it was worth persevering with my current path.
  • Options

It looks to be a new shard, only started playing end of Feb. I know I'm never going to keep up with those who pump a lot of cash into the game but I was just not sure if it was worth persevering with my current path.

If by current path you mean pursuing Phoenix, then I'd say yes.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

If by current path you mean pursuing Phoenix, then I'd say yes.

Thanks! I’ll let this thread return to business as usual :)
  • Options
    how do shards work? the newer the shard the easier it is? cause i just seen the most messed up thing. My guild mate is level 70 and number 1 arena on his shard! Dont ask me how but he has the nightsister team all at level 70 seven starred at gear 8 i believe. I wonder how much he spent?He says he now lives off the 500 crystal a day and is now completley F2P. He musta started on them right when he started and a phoenix team
    Thats a smart strategy if shards work by when joined. Spend a few k on a nightsister team then live off the interest lol.

So what shard you get on is when you start the game right? because i started like 2 years ago for a month then stopped , that would mean im on a better developed shard? but what about people who are inactive for a year or so on a shard , wouldnt that mess a shard up with people who quit and make it a low population shard eventually? i would think they move inactive people around. I shoulda started over if that isnt the case
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    how do shards work? the newer the shard the easier it is? cause i just seen the most messed up thing. My guild mate is level 70 and number 1 arena on his shard! Dont ask me how but he has the nightsister team all at level 70 seven starred at gear 8 i believe. I wonder how much he spent?He says he now lives off the 500 crystal a day and is now completley F2P. He musta started on them right when he started and a phoenix team
    Thats a smart strategy if shards work by when joined. Spend a few k on a nightsister team then live off the interest lol.

So what shard you get on is when you start the game right? because i started like 2 years ago for a month then stopped , that would mean im on a better developed shard? but what about people who are inactive for a year or so on a shard , wouldnt that mess a shard up with people who quit and make it a low population shard eventually? i would think they move inactive people around. I shoulda started over if that isnt the case

You join a shard when you hit level 28 (used to be level 8) and arena opens. They don't move inactive people. Most of the older shards have lower playing populations.
  • Options
    @die4medollaz Squad arena shards are comprised of 20,000 players that all hit level 28 at the same time, and fleet arena shards are comprised of 2000 players that all hit level 60 at the same time. You stay with the same arena shards for as long as you use that account to play the game. As shards get older, the players at and near the top get better teams (more legendary, hero's journey, and hard to farm characters with more mods making them progressively faster) and more players quit the game. If you're on a very old shard, that means you are unlikely to drop rank in arena until you approach the top players. However, since you have to get through years of progress from other players, it's going to be much more difficult to get to the top ranks in an old shard compared to a newer one. That's why you will sometimes see advice to quit and restart with a different account. If you are at or near the top of your shard at the beginning and keep pace, you can usually stay there as long as you choose to play the game. And in turn, that will give you enough crystals to farm new characters and mods quicker or buy better gear.