Empire in Arena

Note that I am only level 69.
Currently I am playing with a Phoenix Squad in Arena which goes pretty well (between rank 300-400 daily). However I am encountering a lot of other Phoenix Squads in arena now, which almost always end in draws against mine.

Now I want to gear up my Empire team to counter all the Phoenix Squads to get higher.

Currently I am gearing:
EP (got him at 6*(L))
Vader
TFP
Tarkin
Stormtrooper

Will this be a viable counter, or should I swap a certain character? The next time that Thrawn will come around I will be able to get him.

Replies

• Options
    viable
  • Options
    jroos100 wrote: »
    Currently I am playing with a Phoenix Squad in Arena which goes pretty well (between rank 300-400 daily). However I am encountering a lot of other Phoenix Squads in arena now, which almost always end in draws against mine.

Now I want to gear up my Empire team to counter all the Phoenix Squads to get higher.

Currently I am gearing:
    EP (got him at 6*(L))
    Vader
    TFP
    Tarkin
    Stormtrooper

Will this be a viable counter, or should I swap a certain character? The next time that Thrawn will come around I will be able to get him.

That's a nice squad. Congratulations.
  • Options
    i find maul pretty effective against phoenix
  • Options
    The problem is phoenix heals a lot everytime they get a debuff... And empire put a milion of debuffs in every attack... So u have to shock a phoenix and focus on him to be able to kill them xD and it could be a bit hard with chooper and kanan taunting
    Keep it in mind when u are attaking, its easy to kill him, but i think they will beat u so easy when u are defending xD
    IMO once u are able to Z palpa leader u will rule them, but by the moment dont spect a great improvement in ur rank...
    A good thing about empire is that u will kill nigthsisters with no effort and will be so hard to kill u for them!
  • Options
    use palpy to shock chopper first and take him out. once they're down to 1 taunter, it's over.

my kill order for phoenix always starts with chopper, hera, ezra then the last 2.
  • Options
    Hey, level 74 here. I've been playing around with running a weak-**** Empire team in Arena: 6* EP, 6* Vader, 6* TFP, 5* Tarkin, 7* Boba. Total GP is 43K, and I'm beating 58K Phoenix teams. Boba is particularly useful because he can remove the taunts and let you knock out Hera and Ezra first. Otherwise kill Chopper first, then Hera and Ezra. I rarely lose any toons. The downside is that I'm running a weak-**** Empire team, so they fall down really far overnight. I'd suggest that if your Empire is still comparatively low GP, you climb through Phoenix teams in your first four battles then throw your Phoenix team back in for battle #5.
  • Options
    OP - I’m a lvl behind you and sitting around 2000 atm, have you got your Phoenix squad maxed out on stars or am I missing decent mods to climb atm?
  • Options
    Good luck on getting Thrawn next time around, he works really well with Zalpy lead, use his grand admirals command on Palpy giving him full tm and then zap away laughing maniacally
  • Options
    OP, that's a great squad. The TM gain from EP leadership is more than enough to crush Pheonix.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies!
    Wardai wrote: »
    OP - I’m a lvl behind you and sitting around 2000 atm, have you got your Phoenix squad maxed out on stars or am I missing decent mods to climb atm?

My Phoenix Squad is:
    Hera (L) 6* gear VIII
    Chopper 6* gear VII
    Ezra 6* gear VII
    Zeb 7* gear VII
    Kanan 7* gear VII
    All but Chopper are fully moded, with a lot of speed and potency for Zeb & Hera.
  • Options
    I'd suggest that if your Empire is still comparatively low GP, you climb through Phoenix teams in your first four battles then throw your Phoenix team back in for battle #5.

That is a good idea!
  • Options

Currently I am gearing:
    EP (got him at 6*(L))
    Vader
    TFP
    Tarkin
    Stormtrooper

I was in the same position last week, dropping from rank 40-50 all the way up to 102. I decided to jump over to empire but was hesitant as their GP is 15k lower than my 7* phoenix team, however empire brought me all the way back up to the 40s and I'm something like 14 wins 1 loss. With 90% of my shard being phoenix and rebel as I'm sure yours is it's making the climb super easy.

Oops just noticed you don't have Thrawn. It's probably still viable but with less margin for error. I run 6* EP/Thrawn and 5* ST/Tarkin/Vader. My fights are usually AB Chopper, fracture kanan, proceed to kill chopper and from there I play it out depending on crits, dot damage, culling blade targets etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies!
    Wardai wrote: »

My Phoenix Squad is:
    Hera (L) 6* gear VIII
    Chopper 6* gear VII
    Ezra 6* gear VII
    Zeb 7* gear VII
    Kanan 7* gear VII
    All but Chopper are fully moded, with a lot of speed and potency for Zeb & Hera.

Why Potency on Hera? I do not even use her expose since the key focus characters are chopper and hera, they will never get exposed.

My phoenix squad has been super effective so far but it's time to put that team to rest. The problem with phoenix in arena is that the higher they go the harder they are to kill and the dmg does not increase exponentially (what I am trying to say is that phoenix vs phoenix keeps getting harder to win given the 5 minute mark). I am still making top 50 but that is thanks to rebel teams I can beat.Phoenix teams get harder and harder to beat. Here are 2 key points you need to look for:
    1. Arrow mod on Chopper. If it is not speed, the fight is roughly half as tough. Chopper is fast in general, and with a speed mod he will just keep taunting and debuffing you for mega protection regen.
    2. arrow mod on Ezra. Same as above, but not as game-changing. If he has speed you just might have to give a backup plan to your low hp team member.

My starting strategy was taking out chopper>hera>kannan>ezra>zeb. As your power goes up (around 50k) I swapped to HERA>chopper>kannan>ezra>zeb. also after chopper dies I stop auto attacking and use only ezra/hera/chopper on kannan to kill him (zeb and kannan attacks to no damage and heal him a lot). The reason for the switch is that as chopper gets faster he regens protection with his dispell more and more often. Also save your ezra/chopper dispells (preferably ezra on kannan and chop-chop since ezra dispell can miss chopper). Also hera dying means no more bonus TM for the others, and more importantly, no backup plan.
    Can you post your swgoh.gg account for us to take a look at?