Sith Raid Preview

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Rojas wrote: »
    I’m seriously hoping we hear something today or tomorrow. So far, February is boring

Have you checked the interwebs? There seems to be some leakage...

If you have found something, why not post a link?
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I’m seriously hoping we hear something today or tomorrow. So far, February is boring

From the interwebs:

-The Sith Raid will award 6/7 dot mods

-New mod management tools (to try to handle the backlash)

-Bounty hunter rework

-Darth Sion Marquee coming early March

-New Nightsisters & Wicket farmable

-Stage 9 Cantina (20 energy) and Stage 10 LSDS nodes (12 energy normal/ 24 hard) coming

-Mk 3 Carbantis now 700 crystals in shipments

-Refreshes to give 150 energy instead of 120 and bonuses now 70 instead of 45

-Double Drops coming along with launch of new raid

-All coming in the Feb. 28 update

Someone knows someone who knows someone who knows a game changer.
  • Options

From the interwebs:

-Bounty hunter rework

-Stage 9 Cantina (20 energy) and Stage 10 LSDS nodes (12 energy normal/ 24 hard) coming

Ahh the someone that knows someone source... seems legit
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

From the interwebs:

-Bounty hunter rework

Speculation, so I’ll take it with a grain of salt. 6,7 dot mods would be awful though. Sith Raid ought to reward Treya shards and something else besides 6/7 mods. Bounty hunter Rework sounds great.
  • Options
    6 and 7 dot mods is such a horrible idea. We should just get better rates on the ones we have or at the least have mods get their own energy.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    @JacenRoe I'm not doing it because I don't have the experience, desire, training, inside knowledge or skill-set.
    Nor do I have sponsorship from a major global games developer.

Think that about covers it.

I never once said it was easy. I gave full credit for the job. Don't know why you're acting so defensively about it.

I don't know why you're delusional. If it makes you feel better to believe the Game Changers make thousands of dollars a month and this Cali trip is just money lying around from their ample YouTube profits you can keep believing that nonsense. It's false, and silly, and there is plenty of proof you're wrong. But keep dreaming.

Back to topic please gents

Seriously - what does the amount of annual earnings or earnings per video or views of a Youtuber got to do with no information going on about the new upcoming sith character(s) or raid?

Youtubers and the forum will be told when CG is willing to spill the beans - we were lead to believe big things were happening by the end of February - March is now next week and we have heard nothing save and except the marquee of Sith Marauder.

Perhaps CG is going through the AAT August round 2, but due to the backlash on that from the community, they are staying silent until the have a fix or a date or something positive at least to tell us. SO please stop talking about the income of a simple Youtuber - its boring.

My original point was that the GameChangers all have jobs, and lives, and having all these people fly out to Cali is a big deal. And EA/CG wouldn't just do that for any random, tiny bit of content.

We have a firm date for the QoL update, and the new Sith raid, and a Sith team is now nearly tied for first place in the arena Meta, and something so big to be announced that EA actually hosted the GameChangers in person to showcase it. And if anyone is crying that the month is slow, or underwhelming that they should at least wait to see what this trip was about before bellyaching. That's all I was trying to say before getting in a troll battle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let's be clear. The gamechangers are not the topic here.

Please stay on topic so we don't have to close this thread.

Sith Raid Preview. --->>> Go.
  • Options

From the interwebs:

-Bounty hunter rework

This seems reasonable and would make the QoL update 100% more viable.

However by changing the price of carbantis, EA/CG would be giving up a sizable chunk of revenue.

I also feel like they would tease mod management more than just throwing it in the update with a "SURPRISE!"

I would expect a detailed post in advance about mod management to teach everyone how to use it.

I would also be incredibly weary of using the mod management tool right away if one does come out. I'm assuming worst case scenario here where there is a bug that causes you to lose mod sets.

That being said, I would absolutely love everything you mentioned in that post, especially the energy refresh increase and new nodes to battle. Its been like a year since I've had to actually battle a LS or DS or cantina node. Would love a challenging node battle.
  • Options
    If that’s true (which it really better not be) Darth Sion coming in March really does mean topping last February has failed. Also farming mods all over again, no thanks.
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If that’s true (which it really better not be) Darth Sion coming in March really does mean topping last February has failed. Also farming mods all over again, no thanks.

Not sure how true it is. If they released 6, 7* mods via the new raid, no one would use cantina energy to farm any mods anymore. Plus, new players who join a guild would have immediate access to those high-value mods, and they would have no reason to complete the mod battles.
    Plus, if they added another tier to the LS/DS/Cantina battles, they would also have to likely up the player level to at least 90.

Also, sorry Kyno, I know this still isn't "Sith raid preview" material.
  • Options

Not only trying to find best sets, but imagine the credit cost of a 7dot mod
  • Options

Not only trying to find best sets, but imagine the credit cost of a 7dot mod

Imagine the crystal cost in the mod store!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Let's be clear. The gamechangers are not the topic here.

Please stay on topic so we don't have to close this thread.

Sith Raid Preview. --->>> Go.

Ok!
    When are we going to get an official response from the devs about this since there are 5 days left in the month :)
  • Options
    I don't buy any of that speculation outside of Bounty Hunters and Sion. But we shall see soon enough though.
  • Options
    What do you think the chances are of getting a preview today?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

Im going to say 25%. Even a picture of Sion’s lightsaber. Give us something.

Im going to be kinda sad honestly if we have zero news this week.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I would have went with 12.5%.... and even that is high...

They have really been making a push to have the gamechangers as a bigger part of the information release, and I don't think they will have content ready to air today, so my guess is Monday at the earliest.
  • Options
    Hey they released info on the Vets on a weekend maybe we ll get another one of those.
  • Options
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    6 and 7 dot mods is such a horrible idea. We should just get better rates on the ones we have or at the least have mods get their own energy.

If it corrects the speed imbalance I will gladly farm mods all over again. It would be much easier if we aren’t searching for a single stat.
  • Options

If it corrects the speed imbalance I will gladly farm mods all over again. It would be much easier if we aren’t searching for a single stat.

I think that’s a cool idea as well as 6 dot and 7 dot only being raid rewards for awhile.
  • Options

It would be ok, if they kept speed as it is, but added much greater bonuses to the other stats, giving us a worthwhile choice.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I would have went with 12.5%.... and even that is high...

They have really been making a push to have the gamechangers as a bigger part of the information release, and I don't think they will have content ready to air today, so my guess is Monday at the earliest.

Seconding this. Next week however, should prove exciting.
  • Options
    We don’t already have 6 and 7 star mods? I thought we did. It’s listed in the filter options, anyway, so that’s why I thought we had them.
  • Options
    We don’t already have 6 and 7 star mods? I thought we did. It’s listed in the filter options, anyway, so that’s why I thought we had them.

Where do you see that?
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Where do you see that?

In the "sell" tab is has slots for mk 6 and 7 mods even though they don't exist as of yet
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yeah... I'm calling kitten.. this sounds like a wish list, not a leak. I doubt they would introduce 6-7 dot mods this way... especially given they have repeatedly stated they have no plans to go past 5-dot in the near term... most recently with the introduction of FOE, I think.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Yeah... I'm calling kitten.. this sounds like a wish list, not a leak. I doubt they would introduce 6-7 dot mods this way... especially given they have repeatedly stated they have no plans to go past 5-dot in the near term... most recently with the introduction of FOE, I think.

They said “this year” that year is technically over.
    No level cap increase mentioned - but that’s usually how we get new nodes for cantina and Ls ds battles
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Info coming at 2 supposedly.
  • Options
    Based up recent updates EA has controlled the release of in game play. Please release the new raid videos
  • Options
    Info coming at 2 supposedly.

2 PST? Man I hope we get something today.
This discussion has been closed.