Gar Saxon - weak damage

Why does Gar Saxon, who is a Mandalorian hit like he has a wet noodle? Both Boba & Sabine also Mandalorians do huge damage with their basics.

I have him at 7* g11 and over 3000 physical damage and his attacks are a joke!

I dont hav the Imperial Super Commando past 6* yet, and dont use him so not sure if he hits like a wet noodle as well?

Replies

• Options
    Gar Saxon is a tank. They tend not to hit very hard. The devs don't balance based on species
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gar Saxon is a tank. They tend not to hit very hard. The devs don't balance based on species

This.
  • Options
    Gar is designated as a "Tank" and they generally don't do much damage. I don't have him maxed, but characters don't reveal their full capabilities until they're fully geared. His kit is designed to be a leader that generates counter attacks and control turn meter. Like the tank designation, characters designed to control turn meter/speed also don't have great damage.

And yes, I also think its silly he's designated as a tank given his health and armor numbers. He is relatively fast though, so if you're using him, pump the speed as much as possible.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    One of the coolest things about GAR- when he and his team get hit with an Aoe- and they all counter. Then gar keeps countering for his teams counters. The shame of it is that - the team does not counter as much with him as lead. We need at least a 10 percent boost to it.

Ty for tag Leef lol
  • Yotd1076
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yeah u need to use the term "generally" very loosely as there are alot of tanks that do big damage...Finn, Poe, Zeb, Rey jedi, Stormtrooper, Mace Windu, etc...just to name a few
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Lol, maybe I just haven't seen enough maxed out but I wouldn't consider some of those big damage dealers at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    How can u not see Jedi Rey maxed out?...she is everywhere in Arena and does alot of damage with basic 11k plus...Stormtrooper does 11k plus, and Gar does 2-5k damage with his basic...thats a big difference
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Yotd1076 wrote: »
    How can u not see Jedi Rey maxed out?...she is everywhere in Arena and does alot of damage with basic 11k plus...Stormtrooper does 11k plus, and Gar does 2-5k damage with his basic...thats a big difference

He said some of them.... I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody call Mace Windu a big damage dealer before.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, Mace...or Poe...maybe Zeb?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Jedi rey 11k hits? Maybe if she has offense down...
  • Options

Jedi rey 11k hits? Maybe if she has offense down...

Don't confuse Rey's basic with her special ability or attacks with "Illuminate destiny" activated. JTR basic is weak, but she has a critical chance boost and most teams run her with both a CD mod set and CD boost triangle. Stormtrooper also has a very high dmg range and typically benefits from the offense increase given in an imperial trooper team, plus CD mods. Poe and Finn don't hit at the high-end of the dmg spectrum, but to the point, not exactly wet noodles. Zeb, same thing; he gets an offense boost in an all phoenix squad.

Gar is designed to makeup the difference with a TON of attacks, but as someone else pointed out, his teams don't counter nearly enough to make up the gap, so he doesn't get the same boost the toons above do. Leaving his with wet, limp, and underused noodle.