Why is rex the sith killer

He was dead and buried,now his mug is showing up all over the place.

Replies

• Options
    I think it's the TM manipulation and cleanse/tenacity up?
  • Options
    Sith (and Dark Side in general) rely heavily on debuffs and crits. Rex counters debuffs and crits.

GK does similar stuff as well which, among a litany of other reasons, is why he's never left the meta.
  • Options
    Rex lead + GK provides two alternating cleanses and three turns of Tenacity Up. This pair has been shutting down debuff-dependent teams for two years and counting. For specific examples of team fights, search Youtube.
  • Options
    That's why they brought in IPD. IPD and DT do not care about tenacity up.
  • Options
    That's right he's BACK!!!! B)
    maxresdefault.jpg
    (fun fact, I'm running NS in arena right now :p )
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

do you have a pic with no helmet..... :wink:
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

*Scrolls through approximately 501 photos...
    NOPE!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Wait a minute, what am I doing with my life? I should be at Disney applying to be their Captain Rex who walks around and takes pictures with people.
    On my breaks I can play SWGoH and bug the devs to give Rex (and the others) their helmets!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

*Scrolls through approximately 501 photos...
    NOPE!

Oh please, Rex had his helmet off in half the Clone Wars series. And as old man Rex in Rebels, he only wears it when shooting his blasters.

Disney wouldn’t let you talk to the kids, and your blasters would have to be holstered.
  • Options
    Sith (and Dark Side in general) rely heavily on debuffs and crits. Rex counters debuffs and crits.

This. When I'm going up against characters I know are going to be doing all that voodoo stuff I bring Rex.

• Options
    Rex just never dies. He just fades away. And comes back every now and then.
    But what matters most is not Rex himself but the other 4, who do you suggest?

Rex Gk Thrawn and?
  • Options
    One way to deal with Rex is instead of using force crush as the opening move, use Vader's basic to (hopefully) apply ability block. No tenacity up = no problem.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Rex is easy to get around. Force crush + culling blade someone else, DN force drain. Kill him. He never gets to use his ability.
  • Options
    Rex is easy to get around.

Every character in the game can be got around ;)

• Options
    what is so great about Rex lead?

His special (squad discipline) looks nice, but his lead seems pretty ordinary? y/n?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »

Dead and buried? Never! He was still alive and well before the EP/Vader reworks. At my payout 2 of the 3 in top—3 were using Rex lead.
  • Options
    what is so great about Rex lead?

His special (squad discipline) looks nice, but his lead seems pretty ordinary? y/n?

Rex gives TM per critical hit scored, which is pretty impt
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    jjkriv wrote: »

Dead and buried? Never! He was still alive and well before the EP/Vader reworks. At my payout 2 of the 3 in top—3 were using Rex lead.

I guess it depends on the shard. Right before the rework, zero Rex teams in the top 50. Now there's two or three.
  • Options
    Probably posted here already, so sorry if this is redundant, but a big help to make Rex work is to have a super-fast Thrawn (ideally who goes first between both teams) and use his special on Rex who in turn uses his special to give the team Tenacity Up.
  • Options
    Rex is easy to get around.

Every character in the game can be got around ;)

Yeah by killing them fast :p
  • Options
    Rex ftw! This post should go to new player subforum so that every new players make sure they do farm rex
  • Options
    TukkuRask wrote: »
    Probably posted here already, so sorry if this is redundant, but a big help to make Rex work is to have a super-fast Thrawn (ideally who goes first between both teams) and use his special on Rex who in turn uses his special to give the team Tenacity Up.

That is a good idea, I'll keep that in mind.

I run Rex (L) with zBarris (don't have GK) and I always go before the other team, after enemy Solo goes first ;) .

Also fun having my now faster R2 cloak everyone but zBarris while I use her to attack Solo giving my whole team even more TM.
  • Options
    Nilus lead eats rex lead for breakfast.
  • Options
    Once IPD starts popping up, rex will lose some viability vs Empire. He won’t live long enough to apply tenacity up again. Unfortunately the AI is bad so Rex will still beat Empire on offense....but then again most teams win on offense so that’s not saying much.