KRU as the Arena Team Tank?

Pile
619 posts Member
I've been trying to gear mine up to try him out with zzCLS, zThrawn, Zolo, and zR2 but can't seem to get the right mix of speed and protection. Was wondering if anyone has tried a similar combo and it there was any amount of success.

Replies

• Options
    Speed over proct, easily. KRU wants to go as often as possible to get off the 2 turn stuns.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I use him in my Palp team with ShT as 2nd tank. Palp, Vader, Thrawn, ShT, KRU(no zeta on unique). He's gr 12 with 218 speed. His kit combines well with Palp led teams since he also stuns, removes buffs on enemy, inflicts debuffs also when countering (tenacity down), so can potentially gives TM to the empire toons.
    When he's hit, he gains Advantage, and in a stun team like that, his special hits hard (20-30k, not modded for CD).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I really feel like unmasked has alot of potential, i'm currently farming/gearing him. Haven't been able to test him in arena though, still 5* g8 at the moment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I really feel like unmasked has alot of potential, i'm currently farming/gearing him. Haven't been able to test him in arena though, still 5* g8 at the moment.

At the moment in arena, he's working better as tank as a leader. His leader ability is pretty cool but not enough to face Rey's teams and Palp. He's the 2nd tank in my team, and tonight, I'll mod him with CC/CD to have this 216% CD because in my team where he's the only FO, he'll get advantage very often, and combined to Palpatine's stun, he can be interesting imo.
  • Options
    I use him as my second tank with Rex lead, MT, Wampa, GK.
    I have his unique zetaed and he's g12. Modded for speed and protection. Running at 223 speed and 91k combined health/protection.

He does his job well, trading taunts back and forth with GK so that my cannons can fire. His stun is like a dispellable version of fracture, it works well when used early. I really couldn't be happier with his performance.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Pseudot wrote: »
    I use him as my second tank with Rex lead, MT, Wampa, GK.
    I have his unique zetaed and he's g12. Modded for speed and protection. Running at 223 speed and 91k combined health/protection.

He does his job well, trading taunts back and forth with GK so that my cannons can fire. His stun is like a dispellable version of fracture, it works well when used early. I really couldn't be happier with his performance.

That is how i want to use him, but with Shore instead of GK.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    That is how i want to use him, but with Shore instead of GK.

Thats funny, I'm working on my ShT to take GK's place. Although the GK group attack is very nice with Wampa and MT, I think that ShT's heal will make up for it
  • Options
    I run him as a tank with my DN lead sith team because I'm far too low a level to get Sith Trooper. While he doesn't get the health steal bonus from DN's lead (or any of the other benefits), his two separate taunts and self-heal really help to keep the damage off of the rather squishy group of sith I have and keeps him alive long enough to finish the match.

Just a side note on KRU...does anybody miss more than he does? I swear, he only seems to land half of his attacks.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    In my arena there is only one team FO with KRU as a leader. Always top 5. Many time first at his payout. Very fast team but he is using Thrawn ;), the most universal toon in this game.
  • Options
    Gawejn, what's his team consist of?
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    FOO, Kylo, FoSt and Thrawn.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    But I have no idea why when there was only CLS in aren he could stay in top 5 all the time.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    I've been trying to gear mine up to try him out with zzCLS, zThrawn, Zolo, and zR2 but can't seem to get the right mix of speed and protection. Was wondering if anyone has tried a similar combo and it there was any amount of success.

Your team is LS so KRU cannot benefit from CLS leader ability or R2's bonuses. And he will get fractured most of the time. So, as unique tank he's not so interesting.
    Now, as second tank, he can really shine in some teams. I've tried him in Palpatine team and he can be good since his special hits harder when the target is stunned (mine already crit for 40k+, modded CC/CD at 215 speed). He's of course very good as lead of an FO team. FOs are one of my preferred team in the new raid.