I don't know what to spend my LS/DS energy on

I know this sounds really silly but I don't know what to spend LS/DS energy on lol

I have my Empire team pretty much ready for R2D2 when he comes around, Phoenix is almost ready for 7 star Thrawn as well and I think it's probably a bit early to worry about CLS yet but I guess that's probably the next thing I could do, get those guys to g8/g9.

Can someone tell me what I should use my energy on in terms of farming ?

https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

For example I need 50 MKV Furnaces and 50 MKV Droid Caller Salvages but these don't appear to be in any node?

Thanks!

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Those 2 pieces of gear can only be obtained in the rancor raid or buying them in shipments for crystals when they show up randomly

Edit: Also guild store guild event store and shard shop
    Post edited by Darthpedro on
  • Options
    It really depends on what you plan for the future. For example, if you plan to have a FO team in the future, start farming FOTP’s nodes (or FOST’s, although KRU is a better tank). Hard-node farming of toons is the way taking the most time, so that’s where you need a head-start.
    Otherwise, you may also farm hard nodes if they give you two different purple gears (like LS 7-B, 8-C or 8-D). Or nodes which have both a toon, a ship and at least one useful purple gear, and planning long-term.
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    It really depends on what you plan for the future. For example, if you plan to have a FO team in the future, start farming FOTP’s nodes (or FOST’s, although KRU is a better tank). Hard-node farming of toons is the way taking the most time, so that’s where you need a head-start.
    Otherwise, you may also farm hard nodes if they give you two different purple gears (like LS 7-B, 8-C or 8-D). Or nodes which have both a toon, a ship and at least one useful purple gear, and planning long-term.

I am farming FOTP for his ship but will probably stop to be honest, I think he's nearly at 6 stars but I don't want BB8 or JTR, its too much work and I don't like Rey, I really don't like the new films.

In terms of other hard nodes, what would you recommend ? My main arena team is Nightsisters, I heard Bariss is really good with them ?

• Options
    What aspect of your game would you like to improve on the most?

If you are ever stuck on what to spend energy on, farm mk3 carbs, mk3 cuffs, and mk5 guns until you figure out what you need.

You can absolutely shoot yourself in the foot by spending too much/too long farming shards, but can’t really ever have enough of those 3 gear pieces.
  • Options
    What aspect of your game would you like to improve on the most?

If you are ever stuck on what to spend energy on, farm mk3 carbs, mk3 cuffs, and mk5 guns until you figure out what you need.

You can absolutely shoot yourself in the foot by spending too much/too long farming shards, but can’t really ever have enough of those 3 gear pieces.

Thanks this is really what I needed to know :)
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    To add to what he said, farm dark side hard 6-E (i guess?), i.e. the veers hard node.

It has carbanti, veers shard and other small gear that one may run out of. 2nd best node in the game imo. (1st is kru node)

Besides, I would strongly recommend farming fotp to 7*.

• Options
    Like the 2 above... some of the gear is always super necessary. You'll never run out.

When I have a day of indecision, I always run the Barriss hard node that includes stun guns. Stun guns are the bane of my existence... especially when you get someone that needs that Mk 6. GAH!
  • Options
    I do not know how many tier 9 nodes you have 3*d. But several of the toons you get there take forever to farm (e.g. Baze, Shoretrooper+TIE Reaper, Nihi. Krennic), and you likely want all of them sooner or later, so starting to farm them is always a good idea.
    There are some other toons you only get from one node, such as Hoth Soldier, which might be worth starting to collect early.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    To add to what he said, farm dark side hard 6-E (i guess?), i.e. the veers hard node.

It has carbanti, veers shard and other small gear that one may run out of. 2nd best node in the game imo. (1st is kru node)

Both great nodes. But also wanted to mention that for later on, a really nice one is the Ghost hard node (DS 9C), which includes the Mk 8 eyeball component, the Mk 5 medpac component, and the Mk 4 furnace salvage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Both great nodes. But also wanted to mention that for later on, a really nice one is the Ghost hard node (DS 9C), which includes the Mk 8 eyeball component, the Mk 5 medpac component, and the Mk 4 furnace salvage.

Probably my all time favorite node, Ghost was my most pleasant farm ever since I was constantly dropping something I needed. I actually stopped buying Ghost Shards because I wanted an excuse to farm it longer.

LS HN 9A is really good value too. FOST, Kylo’s Shuttle, mk 7 shields, and 2 blue gears that tend to run low as well.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Thank you soo much. Never paid attention to that node lol. Just checked it and guess i got a new node to farm. :)