QoL Update Gear

Warp3dM1nd
149 posts Member
edited February 2018
I see constant things thrown around about QOL updates. Yet the most glaring problem is the gear requirements midway and higher tier where it is even worse except maybe for the whales and I bet they are feeling it in their pocket book as well.

You keep releasing new characters yet we cant even devote anytime to these characters even if we wanted to if we are to get our top teams geared. Ihave spent a couple of hundred because I enjoy playing in the star wars universe. Thats quickly changing when I haven to farm 300 of the same item for 1 character off nodes that may give me 2 to 6 of what I need if im lucky. In the end this is going to do nothing but run off new players once they realize the daunting task at hand.

Yet you release new characters like we can really do anything with them. Limited ways to find shards for them if at all. Then were back to the gear crunch which is the crux of the matter. So in case you didnt noticed most of your new characters are at the bottom of every list barely geared and almost completely forgotten. You have the ability to run the numbers and can see full well the truth in the matter. You either need to introduce some new gear to alleviate the ones that take 300 gear to make 3 pieces on a high level character or reduce the number.

As it stands your power creep is getting worse and worse and new players which are the life blood are quitting in droves. Perhaps now would be the time to break out of the repetitive cycle and change some stuff for better.

P.S. For all the ones that reply well we grinded it out its not fair they shouldnt have too. Think past your own self center ideas and look at the big picture.

Replies

• Options
    I agree with you. Gear needs some changes. Maybe not in the number of pieces a character requires, but in availability. Challenges should either drop more of their gear(and be edited to drop more useful gear[tac challenge]) or the challenges should get a new tier with higher drop rates and more gear of that type. Tac should get mk5 stun guns, agi should get higher drop rates and maybe another piece of gear (can't think of one off the top of my head), and str should get higher drop rates and Mk5 droid callers, which really shouldn't be raid gear because almost everyone in the game needs one, some needing two.
  • 0hH3NRY
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As long as dolphins and whales buy gear directly from shipments, I don't see any change coming. Yes, the grind is long, but lowering the limit lowers income from crystals.

It sucks, but to gear up a toon, you have to devote guild credits and shard shop credits. Farming gear nodes is a waste of resources in my opinion, you never get much in return.
  • ZephimyrAC
    191 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have a feeling that part of the update will include a new gear shipment tier.

edit: in the daily challenges
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The task has always been daunting, but surprisingly new players have access to a lot more than many of us did when we started.

I'm not saying they couldn't make the situation better, but the game is a marathon and the whole idea is to pace things, if they increase the pace now, they run the risk of pushing out just as many players who get too much too quick and don't see any more goals.

In the end this game is about resource management, planning, and strategy
  • Options
    I understand pacing I do. But im sorry pacing is not requiring 300 pieces of gear for 1 toon not 4 or 5 but just 1 toon.if you times that by even half the toons in the game that comes out somewhere around 4500+ for 15 characters. That is beyond grind or pace that isnt even marathon that is a paywall plain and simple. Sure I can spend months grinding out that gear for 1 of my team but what about the 4 others. That means im going to spend a year grinding out for a team that might likely become obsolete due changes in gameplay. That is no way fair for the players and players havent gotten tons of refunds based off this.

Apple has already started stepping in with the games they let in their store to make sure stuff isnt made impossible. Google is starting to follow suit. Clash of Clans was the number 1 game on the store and the top grossing game for the longest time and you didnt have to spend 1 penny to get to end game. Yet they made more money SWGOH could hope for. So the example is there if you allow people to progress and not hamstring they usually spend alot more money then when they feel forced.

The only glaring things wrong atm the moment is the ridiculous gear requirements and possibly regular LS characters barely even being able to compete.
  • Options
    I agree with you. Gear needs some changes. Maybe not in the number of pieces a character requires, but in availability. Challenges should either drop more of their gear(and be edited to drop more useful gear[tac challenge]) or the challenges should get a new tier with higher drop rates and more gear of that type. Tac should get mk5 stun guns, agi should get higher drop rates and maybe another piece of gear (can't think of one off the top of my head), and str should get higher drop rates and Mk5 droid callers, which really shouldn't be raid gear because almost everyone in the game needs one, some needing two.
    Appparently they have said and quoted many times they are not going to change the challenges stating it helps the new player. Which is a load of bollocks those challenges are there to help all level not just the brand new. The only thing stopping them is the all mighty dollar which in the end killls a game faster then anything else. To many games out there habe proven you can make end game possible without killling your pocket book and still made billions just like clash or clan.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    regular LS characters barely even being able to compete.

Which LS characters are you talking about?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH