Count Dooku and brief history of this game from 'his' perspective.

Some are facts, some speculations, here you go:
As a starting player, he is most fun character to start with. It was all known for CG and they have made him a $5-pack to attract players.
Most people who played this game, did indeed bought this pack.
It turned out, Dooku alone was so successful, it prevented sales of Jedi and other packs as company data mined and determined.
It also made people who missed the 3-day pack to start new servers, thus having better success rate at winning top spot, spending even less if they did not.
Company decided it was time to do away with Dooku (reminder that Dooku pack is what attracted most people to this game, thus, not an easy decision).
After several unsuccessful attempts to find that balance of attracting people, yet making them spend more (Greedo, Storm-Trooper, you name it) company has found some sort of solution: Dooku lottery. This is when you have 1/3 chance of winning Dooku from $5-pack. This is as far as I have observed this development.
It is worth mentioning that company had another less mass-market package: droid pack, however nothing has even came close to people being attracted to this game via $5 Dooku, spending potentially thousands.
Has company made a mistake canceling $5-Dooku?
(Also if you do not know, their solution to Dooku being too effective was to stealth nerf his leadership ability past level 40 or so, this is still "not fixed" to this day)

Replies

• Options
    Tired of people calling bugs or bugs fixing stealth nerfs.
  • Sonofnoob
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    yes, who the hel wants to spend $50+ in one shot on a moble game...
  • Options
    Sonofnoob wrote: »
    yes, who the hel wants to spend $50+ in one shot on a mobile game...

Most of these types of games are designed to lure you in, get you addicted and THEN making you spend money
  • Options
    yes, who the hel wants to spend $50+ in one shot on a moble game...

Several thousands I'm sure. I know I did.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    Tired of people calling bugs or bugs fixing stealth nerfs.

This is beyond dispute. Issue was addressed many months ago. Nothing's changed. Most end-game players do not have him leader, even if he works, yet for beginners, it is very viable. If you want to know how his leadership should work (as some have done with QGJ in the past), battle him in GW and you will understand.
  • Options
    Hendiju wrote: »
    Er, Look at my Dooku OP, started early Jan. Noted this even before New Year.
  • Options
    yes, who the hel wants to spend $50+ in one shot on a mobile game...

Most of these types of games are designed to lure you in, get you addicted and THEN making you spend money

Agreed. I apparently missed some of these early starter packs. It would be nice to actually see some packs that were micro transactions. Bring back some of those starter packs and make them account bound rather than time bound. I wouldn't have objections to supporting a game I played a lot that offered something to the little people. I have no objections to a biz trying to make money, but how you price says a lot about how you view your customers.
  • Options
    People asking for these Packs nack are those who wanted to save the $5 in the beginning, then realising how good (I wouldn't say OP) the Toon turned out to be.

I myself didn't buy the pack, but farmed him the hard way.

And can the Dev fix his Leader Abilities already?
  • Options
    Supreme wrote: »
    People asking for these Packs nack are those who wanted to save the $5 in the beginning, then realising how good (I wouldn't say OP) the Toon turned out to be.

Not necessarily. Plenty of people might not have been around when it was offered. Other people like to get a feel for a game before they purchase. As a rule I never purchase anything from a free to try game until I know that I will actually stick with it for a while. My Dooku is close enough to 7star from old fashioned farming now that it wouldn't make sense to buy this pack. Doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of people (assumption) that would purchase these types of packs.
  • Options
    I have been resetting my spare device and noticing changes to $5 pack offers for few months now. Last time being few weeks ago.
    Starter pack is only offered once, for 3 days, starting first day.
    It was Dooku in November, storm trooper in December, greedo in January, and now it is lottery of 3 characters: Dooku/Savage/Veers.