How does endgame arena work?

Hey all. So the main question is that I see a lot of people that are g12 meta tooned and still have something like rank 500 in arena. Is it impossible for them to use refreshes to get a bit higher up? Is this a matter of colluding or forcing people out of top brackets? I just dont get so I'd like some insight into it, mostly to prepare myself for the road ahead

Replies

• Options
    Usually when people are working in a team to take top arena spots, it's just that - top spots. Their influence rarely goes past top 20 because they frankly don't care about those spots.

If you're seeing someone in the 500s with gear 12, it'll usually speak towards two things.

First, the characters that player is using. Luminara and Jedi consular are fine early game, but are worthless late game.
    Second, they're not that active and not using all 5 attacks every day.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's mostly dedication that keeps you on top. Ofcourse you'll also need the toons and the mods.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Usually when people are working in a team to take top arena spots, it's just that - top spots. Their influence rarely goes past top 20 because they frankly don't care about those spots.

If you're seeing someone in the 500s with gear 12, it'll usually speak towards two things.

First, the characters that player is using. Luminara and Jedi consular are fine early game, but are worthless late game.
    Second, they're not that active and not using all 5 attacks every day.

This sums it up nicely.

When you get to the top 100 mods also start to really play a factor in how high you can go.

Most people undervalue the refresh. Someone committing to 10 battles a day will find themself with a higher net income than they relize, as long as they can be effective around payout time.
  • Options
    So they are basically getting a bad payout because of their bad decisions?
    **** this game is more realistic than I thought...
  • Options
    There are more options...
    Some players have better speed mods than others in their shard, giving them advantage.
    Some players join chats to coordinate with other top players, so they all try to avoid each other to make sure the last they all get the best rewards they can.
    Some players are more willing to spend crystals to refresh arena attempts, Soo they can come back up faster.
  • Options
    If they have G12 meta toons, and are rank 500, I would assume they either don't care about arena, or have recently quit playing.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Mods plus cooperation with shardmates.
  • Options
    Does anyone ranked that far back coordinate with shardmates?
  • Options
    Not to mention not everyone has a payout time that is compatible with their schedules.