Returning player, hoarded account needs advice

I played SWGOH for a few months back in 2016, but a lot has changed and I'm hoping to get a good start. I started a new account and I've been hoarding for a while, so I can hit level 46 as soon as I burn all my sim tickets. I grabbed the gift card deal that gave me a 7* Rey, which has let me grab a lot of extra goodies while building up energy. My initial Chromium pull was Lando.

I am 7 xp from level 28, so I can't do any sort of farming that produces xp anymore. I'm mostly just getting guild store shards. I've been working on Luke, because I figured if nothing else he is needed for CLS. I also pulled Jyn and STHan from bronziums, so I figured I might as well build toward a standard rebel team instead of Phoenix. (Especially since I can't do much of anything to farm then until I stop hoarding). As such, I've been working on starring up Jyn even though she isn't a usual first choice character.

I need 40 more shards to get Raid Han, and I think that is the point at which I will begin actually playing. I might give in before then, but I get 3 - 5 shards for him twice a week, so it's not an impossible wait. I am also 2 shards away from Vader, which was one of my other mental milestones for ending the hoarding phase.

So I'm looking at going for Lando, Jyn, STHan, Biggs, and Boba for my initial arena team. It will be a brand new shard so it should be decent for a while I think. I'm hoping to try to build up empire so I can try to get R2 asap for CLS. That said, if I don't go Phoenix I can't use Thrawn in that team. I did manage to beat the third tier of EP with my level 27 team, so I don't think I'll have much trouble picking him up.

Alternately, since I already have Jyn at 7* I could aim for FO and then RJT, but that feels like a long way off yet. I also am not sure how best to go for ships, they weren't around when I played before.

Thoughts on what I should work on until I finally pull the trigger? How I should go from there to hold my advantage? And in those first few moments should I level as fast as possible and fight one arena battle to get my defense in to try to hold high arena rank, or take a few hours to build up my squad before wasting any battles? I do have about 3,000 crystals hoarded, so I can do some refreshes, but I don't want to spend any more money.

https://swgoh.gg/u/saramalkavia/

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    With all that effort, I would look for the "new server" discord chat. I think there is a conversation on here about it.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    For you now the most important thing is that you are in a new arena shard.

Level throwaway characters to level 28 and see if you are in a new shard. You have hoarded for while but if you levelled up to 28 and rushed to 46 you could possibly find yourself behind.

When your throwaway account appears in arena at rank 3k or below you are probably in on day one. If you are in a ten day old shard your hoarding is 100% negated.

Second thing is that when you are levelling here is a list of a few early nodes that drop gear that there can be a shortage of later on. If you are spending 5k energy and you don't have anything obvious to spend the energy on here are some suggestions.

LS 1 C Mk 1 Baw armour mod there's a semi coming gear viii/ix/x/do piece that needs 8 of these

Ls 3b mk 1 sienaar holo projector, comes up occasoonally, is a part of stun guns which mwny characters need in gear viii-x pieces

Ls 3c mk 1 blastech weapon mod, come up occasionally later on

Ds 3a mk 3 thermal detonators there's gear ix to xi pieces that need 40 of these.

Third in your arena team raid Han at 5 star would do better than boba.

Jyn is an awesome raid character the tmr makes rancour go real easy once you are gear x or so.

Fleet arena is easier than normal arena, if you can regularly finish first in both you will hold your advantage. One benefit you have is that you are doing raids and the aat raids drop currency to level up your ships. Assuming you have been doing this you will have enough currency to level up your ships as much as you can.

One good rule is that your best pilots are your best ships early on. Biggs has a great ship. By hoarding so you can jump to more than level 40 you are actually making things slightly harder for you are you will only get one character from gw store to 7 stars before you hit level 60.

Biggs has an awesome ship, tfp fotfp Vader boba are good too and synergises well with Biggs. Vader and boba are hard to farm their ships so don't count on getting them easily.
  • Options
    No idea go empire if you cant get thrawn, hes simply amazing. Palpy needs him in team,

Also you missed many many many nice farm days in galactic war wich is the fastest way to get good toons like biggs, zeb phasma and all the darkside ships you need for zeta collecting challange. Your main advantage is you have your team already but time to change it on way to lvl 80 is shorter.

How many credits and mods have you collected? , they are like key for game..
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Second thing is that when you are levelling here is a list of a few early nodes that drop gear that there can be a shortage of later on. If you are spending 5k energy and you don't have anything obvious to spend the energy on here are some suggestions.

LS 1 C Mk 1 Baw armour mod there's a semi coming gear viii/ix/x/do piece that needs 8 of these

Ls 3b mk 1 sienaar holo projector, comes up occasoonally, is a part of stun guns which mwny characters need in gear viii-x pieces

Ls 3c mk 1 blastech weapon mod, come up occasionally later on

Ds 3a mk 3 thermal detonators there's gear ix to xi pieces that need 40 of these.

This is exactly the type of advice I was looking for. I am already prepared to test the shard to make sure I get in and on top on day 1, but the list of equipment I should put extra emphasis on is great. I haven't dissected the lists of what equipment every character needs, so having a general idea of the useful pieces to farm is perfect.

I also have been doing Heroic Rancor and normal AAT, so I do have some gear and the ship credits saved up.
    jursllla wrote: »
    Your main advantage is you have your team already but time to change it on way to lvl 80 is shorter.

How many credits and mods have you collected? , they are like key for game..

I'll still have just as many days to collect GW characters as anyone else in my Arena shard, I just will be higher level when I get them. I try to get credits every way I can, so I have 33 million saved at 27. There aren't actually a lot of great credit sources yet at that level though. I don't know exactly what I have in the way of mods. I can't farm them yet and I can't even access the mod page to see what I have. I've picked up a few from special events though. I feel like one of my big decisions will be how much of my saved energy to spend on mods vs shards. I plan on finishing Lando to 7* at the very least before hitting mods (but that shouldn't use all my saved energy).

One thing I haven't really been able to figure it is exactly how you get placed in fleet arena. It doesn't seem to be tied to your regular arena shard, so I guess you are just put in one once you hit the level you are ready to compete? I could level some throwaways to check fleet shards and try to do a good combo entry time, but I feel like most people say Fleet arena entry is not as important.

• Options
    If I’m not mistaken you’re placed in a ship shard at level 60.
  • Options
    33 mill is very good.
    cost to make mods is about 550k per mod to lvl 15. And you need 6 per person. So you can mod everyone maximum at lvl 50 right away and still have lots of cash over for levels. I dont see a need to save more money as you get about 1mill per day from galactic war and daily activities
  • Options
    If I’m not mistaken you’re placed in a ship shard at level 60.

yes its at 60. And its a new shard with others hitting lvl 60 same period.
    Most players are in different shards in arena/fleet. In my arena i have several heawy whales and collectors who where lvl 50 very fast after arena was unlocked but everyone have catched em up around lvl 80. In my fleet arena no whales and its a slugfest for top10 everyday.
  • jursllla
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    LordRavage wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

One thing I haven't really been able to figure it is exactly how you get placed in fleet arena. It doesn't seem to be tied to your regular arena shard, so I guess you are just put in one once you hit the level you are ready to compete? I could level some throwaways to check fleet shards and try to do a good combo entry time, but I feel like most people say Fleet arena entry is not as important.

Fleet arena is important. 400 crystals a day from it.
  • Options
    Fleet entry isn't as important because there are only 2k people per shard and you can't manipulate like you can squad without waiting days at level 59 which would sabotage squad.

It's not just what gear every character needs that's important. What's more important is which gear you end up with 100s of because they are in a node that you farm foe something else.

I'm not saying is an exhaustive list. I just looked at a few characters between gear 8-10 and made a list of what they needed that was available in sections 1-3 that I didn't have hundreds of that I would actually have to farm to get. I'm not sure what sections of the battles you have open to you.