Getting pretty desperate over this!

I can't tell you when the last time I got a decent mod off of a challenge was! Every time I do sims I end up with nothing but grey mods and whenever it's a blue or green they always have some silly primary which makes it useless.

Getting purples and yellow is basically impossible and when you do, same story, useless.

I'm getting tired of this, I get that if it was easy to aquire good mods then everyone would have them, but this kind of RNG eliminates all skill and becomes frustrating.

I don't know how long more I can do this, now with all the meta changes constantly taking place, we need more mods.

The whole system stinks, it's designed to slow down character farming and to basically make you waste your hard earned crystals. The problem is that that's all it is, a Waste!

Psychologically it makes no sense, when you battle so harf each day and you come back at a certain time to get the best possible payout, only to see your crystals wasted due to mod farming, it hurts!

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I got a 16 and two 14 speed secondaries since yesterday. Not normal but it happens!
  • Options
    You better prepare yourself for 6 and 7 dot mods.....
  • Options
    It’s fine for me... even if the mods are bad you can still sell them for credits
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I go through phases of bad luck, and then may get a string of good luck. Just got to keep plugging away unfortunately.
  • Options
    Honestly it does seem like they've lowered the chances of getting a good mod. I went about a month needing some mods with speed and I just got a speed arrow, but no other mods with speed the entire time. Before I'd get mods with speed in them all the time, but now? Now it's a speed graveyard.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    It’s fine for me... even if the mods are bad you can still sell them for credits

Bro don't ever use that argument
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

That's not an argument, that's a fact,

Mods do not slow down char farming as your preposterous assertions are trying to convey here. If you are that unhappy playing, .. .. Well . . .you know, . .

Aside from that, trying to link meta changes to causing your grief mod farming is simlarily assinine , mods are moveable, which means that you can move your mods from one squad to the next .

If you can't use patience to farm mods that you consider good, then use money and buy packs until you get what your looking for. Those are the two answers , TIME or MONEY, spend them as you wish, because eventually you will get what you seek. But it is nowhere near what you are attempting to portray for mod farming.
  • Rofltheory
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The rng can be quite frustrating. What primaries and mods are you looking for? Generally unless I'm building a set I save my 200 crystals and save it for gear or mod shop refreshes. If you see a mod in the shop with a good speed secondary for credits, get it!
    I found this post pretty useful for speed secondary info.

http://gaming-fans.com/2017/04/swgoh-speed-kills-find-best-speed-mods/
  • Options
    Way she goes
  • Options

Mods do not slow down char farming as your preposterous assertions are trying to convey here. If you are that unhappy playing, .. .. Well . . .you know, . .

Aside from that, trying to link meta changes to causing your grief mod farming is simlarily assinine , mods are moveable, which means that you can move your mods from one squad to the next .

If you can't use patience to farm mods that you consider good, then use money and buy packs until you get what your looking for. Those are the two answers , TIME or MONEY, spend them as you wish, because eventually you will get what you seek. But it is nowhere near what you are attempting to portray for mod farming.

Mods don't slow down character farming? Last time i checke they require cantina energy which interferes with cantina character farming.

Also I'm not dumb, I know you can sell mods. But the fact that you suggest the credit payout from selling mods is worth the crystals spent is redicilous
  • Options
    Rofltheory wrote: »
    The rng can be quite frustrating. What primaries and mods are you looking for? Generally unless I'm building a set I save my 200 crystals and save it for gear or mod shop refreshes. If you see a mod in the shop with a good speed secondary for credits, get it!
    I found this post pretty useful for speed secondary info.

http://gaming-fans.com/2017/04/swgoh-speed-kills-find-best-speed-mods/

Well idealy crit damage mods with speed secondaries or potency mods with speed secondaries. Worst case, speed mods with speed secondaries
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Is this real life??

Mods don't slow down character farming? Last time i checke they require cantina energy which interferes with cantina character farming.

Also I'm not dumb, I know you can sell mods. But the fact that you suggest the credit payout from selling mods is worth the crystals spent is redicilous

this. two vets on cantina where mods come from and that's his take on it? I mean I can't even

co-sign op on bad rewards
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Is this real life??

this. two vets on cantina where mods come from and that's his take on it? I mean I can't even

co-sign op on bad rewards

Lol, two chars is your contention, those will be done and mods can be farmed, further more , we all have had to balance chars from cantina and mods . All part of resource management, if you can't see that, then I'm not sure what you would need to get it.

• Options

I didn't suggest the credits is worth the crystals, that is YOUR assumption, the comment, is atleast you get something for it,m not to mention that atleast these days we get one mod per attempt, regardless of the color, and stats, in that respect it is much much better then it used to be
  • Options
    I completely agree and understand. You are not alone. Two year's in... ftp, beyond ridiculous. My server is ancient, unfortunately, unless I drop a silly amount of money, the only option is to continue to grind. I am currently ranked 51 in ships at 327,000. Enjoy the little victories. Out playing, out smarting those who pay to win is very gratifying.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the grind.
    Can you imagine mods not dropping 100% of the time? yea, that used to be a thing. Count your blessings ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Mods are the single biggest variable in the game. Otherwise every player would have the same stats and it would be BORING.
    If great mods were easy to get then everyone would have them and it would be BORING.

Making the best possible use of a limited resource is what makes this challenging.

Alternate between mods and cantina and you'll be fine.

Your argument sounds like you want a hand out.
    Just like everything in the game the drop rates are smaller on more desirable rewards. Those who are willing to pay $ will get them faster. And the people who pay $ keep the developers in business and keep the game ad free.

People who whine all the time don't understand the balance of investment. Either you invest time, or money, or balance the two. The best rewards come to those who invest well.

Btw, I'm as liberal as they come, so don't read into my statements about handouts and investments. This game is a business. If you can't see strategy staring you in the face i think theres a free checkers game full of ads and spyware with your name on it.
  • CyKoDRuMz
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here, ive been taking pics of my mod farming to figure out the best strategy. Whether simming lots at once is better, or 2at a time.

Edit. It won't let me post the pic
    Sim 10x
    1 gold
    1 purple
    2 blue
    3 green
    4 white

That's a perfect example of how drop rates work
  • Options
    The challenge produces horrible results with 90% worthless mods. 3 dot, Accuracy & Crit Avoid mods are garbage.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Welcome to the grind.
    Can you imagine mods not dropping 100% of the time? yea, that used to be a thing. Count your blessings ;)

Raise the amount, decrease the quality, same outcome
  • Options
    CyKoDRuMz wrote: »
    Here, ive been taking pics of my mod farming to figure out the best strategy. Whether simming lots at once is better, or 2at a time.

Sim 10x
    1 gold
    1 purple
    2 blue
    3 green
    4 white

Well i spend 3 refreshes last night, 1 gold, 0 purple
  • Options
    CyKoDRuMz wrote: »

Sim 10x
    1 gold
    1 purple
    2 blue
    3 green
    4 white

Needless to say that the gold was trash
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the grind.

Raise the amount, decrease the quality, same outcome

So you're saying mod farming was just as bad after they increased the droprate to 100%? gtfoh
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Needless to say that the gold was trash

A. Your definition of trash?

So, you're clearly educated....

How many variables go into mods.
    6 possible slots.
    11 possible primaries
    12 possible secondaries
    Multiply that by the odds of getting a gold mod to begin with.
    Your definition of trash will invariably apply to 99% of the mod possibilities.
    Variety is the spice of life.

You want your speed to drop on every mod every time.

You're a whiner. Not a winner. You're just jealous that odds and rng sometimes don't work out in your favor. Life's hard get a helmet.

This game is so successful because of the vast number of possible outcomes.
  • Options

Well idealy crit damage mods with speed secondaries or potency mods with speed secondaries. Worst case, speed mods with speed secondaries

Yo dude, if those were easy to get then they wouldn't have such value. Basic supply and demand principles brah.

You're "worst case" doesn't even exist. There's no speed primaries with speed secondries.

You're saying that out of over a thousand possible mods you're ideally looking for like 3.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ]

Lol, two chars is your contention, those will be done and mods can be farmed, further more , we all have had to balance chars from cantina and mods . All part of resource management, if you can't see that, then I'm not sure what you would need to get it.

[/quote]

My contention? 2 chars needed for jtr, both in cantina.

Confirmed not real life.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Lol, you aren't even accounting for the second, soft RNG of where the speed secondary rolls. It seems a lot more likely the top secondary on a B or A will roll than ones farther down.

Also, try getting flat offense as top secondary on a B or A crit damage mod while looking for offense/crit dmg on the right side primaries. It's just as hard.
  • Options

If you’re spending crystals to buy the mod packs it’s all RNG...

But if you’re using Cantina energy you aren’t using crystals unless you refresh your Cantina energy. Yeah you get crap mods most of the time but you can sell them for a lot if you stockpile. I remember I once sold nearly 80 crappy mods and I got a lot of credits.

But if you just want to gripe about something that isn’t that big a deal go ahead
  • Options
    Considering 80% of new stuff ends up in cantina (gw, arena, ships haven't had a new character added since pheonix) yeah it disrupts character farming
  • Options
    Welcome to the grind.

Oh man that was the worst!
    But don't worry OP. If the rumors are to be believed, the new raid is dropping 6/7* mods, so now everyone will be back to square one!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).