Who is better to have more speed in defence: Papa Palp or Tarkin?

Team is : Papa palp zeta lead, vader, thrawn, tarkin, GK

Thrawn is the fastest with 270, vader second at 250ish. Then who better have the third high speed number.. papa palp or tarkin? tarkin at 240ish, papa palp at 210. I can swap their mod and make papa palp at 230ish, tarkin at 220ish. GK have just average speed.

The scenario is my vader goes first, aoe, saber throw -> my team TM almost full -> thrawn swap TM with palp/tarkin. I try swap mod between palp n tarkin, don't have trouble win in offence. But i'm wondering, when in defence who should go faster?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section.

I would papa palp all the way, want to try and stun as many as you can to throw off the other teams rhythm.
  • Options
    Okay kyno.. thanks for moving it to the right place :wink:

Yea papa palp is the reasonable choice. I see players in my leaderboard have papa palp with higher speed. But idk i feel there is potential with tarkin.. the AI played it right give debuffs then aoe TM reduce hmm
  • Options
    Idk... Tarkin's debuffs and TMR might be more useful. That being said, I'm still bringing my Tarkin to arena level, so I don't have actual experience to judge.
  • Options
    @Goodgil This is my second day using palp lead in arena. With that team composition, with faster tarkin i've kick to 30ish place. Today after payout i put faster papa palp, n see how far i'll kick out.

My tarkin still g11.. still consider not arena ready. But whatever.. i like him a lot :lol:
  • Options
    Mine is two peices away from 12... Which is 5 away from arena worthy in my shard.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Yea papa palp is the reasonable choice. I see players in my leaderboard have papa palp with higher speed. But idk i feel there is potential with tarkin.. the AI played it right give debuffs then aoe TM reduce hmm

Yes but that doubles up on your RNG dependence. At least with palp, the stun helps more than the offence (and crit chance I think) down he offers.

The AI handles both if them very good so that's not a concern, I just feel stun is a better effect.
  • Options
    My Tarkin is faster than my palp but mainly because with his higher base speed I can’t really get my palp faster. I got my palp as fast as I could and then stuck speed mods on tarkin and he ended up faster.

I do really like tarkin in this lineup. He’s brought numerous fights back under control with his TMR that I thought for sure I was going to lose after the opening turn. I even lost palp in a fight on the 2nd turn and still pulled it off because tarkin and Vader combo let
    me control Tm so well. I’m seriously considering zetaing tarkins unique.
  • Options
    i think tarkin is better, but i play with the best mod non vader and second on thrawn. sometimes i can go firs against jtr
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Mine is two peices away from 12... Which is 5 away from arena worthy in my shard.

U have tarkin zeta yet? :flushed:
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Yes but that doubles up on your RNG dependence. At least with palp, the stun helps more than the offence (and crit chance I think) down he offers.

The AI handles both if them very good so that's not a concern, I just feel stun is a better effect.

That's my problem @Kyno :bawling:
    I can't get reliable stun if i make papa palp speedy.. he will get cross mod with primary tenacity. I don't have luck get primary potency with high secondary speed. Best secondary speed in my cross potency primary mod is 5 speed :frowning:

High speed papa palp will get total potency 50ish %
    Slower papa palp will get total potency 80ish %

Papa palp lead granted him additional 35% potency, but will 85% total potency enough to have average stun chance? On the other side of the coin, with high tenacity papa palp will harder to stun.. just in case my enemy have higher speed papa palp. I more confuse now :frowning:
  • Options
    volitan wrote: »
    My Tarkin is faster than my palp but mainly because with his higher base speed I can’t really get my palp faster. I got my palp as fast as I could and then stuck speed mods on tarkin and he ended up faster.

I do really like tarkin in this lineup. He’s brought numerous fights back under control with his TMR that I thought for sure I was going to lose after the opening turn. I even lost palp in a fight on the 2nd turn and still pulled it off because tarkin and Vader combo let
    me control Tm so well. I’m seriously considering zetaing tarkins unique.
    Yea tarkin more easy to get higher speed bcause of his base speed.. it's so satisfied can control the battle with tarkin in the team. Yes i want to zeta his unique too.. but second priority after papa palp zeta.. he need that, he's so squishy :lol:
    LordInuy wrote: »
    i think tarkin is better, but i play with the best mod non vader and second on thrawn. sometimes i can go firs against jtr
    JTR team with dual tank old ben and GK can make vader ridiculously super fast :lol:
  • Options
    youtube.com/channel/UCTXo-zEG4dBaQkej85w0-8g/videos I'm using Tarkin all the way and have him a bit slower than Palp. My best speeds are on Vader to get a headstart against Empire teams.
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Post edited by Orleans on
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Post edited by Orleans on
  • Options
    Orleans wrote: »
    youtube.com/channel/UCTXo-zEG4dBaQkej85w0-8g/videos I'm using Tarkin all the way and have him a bit slower than Palp. My best speeds are on Vader to get a headstart against Empire teams.

Nice @Orleans , will give it a try :smiley: