Kylo Ren Unmasked - is he good enough, or should he be stronger?

As the main antagonist of both episode 7 and 8, it seems that Kylo Ren Unmasked is underwhelming to me as a character, especially compared to the other protagonists/antagonists of GK, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Jedi Training Rey. (yes i know Anakin and Grievous are both weak for their movie roles too)

Should he be given a bit of an update? any of the following I believe by themselves would make him much more viable- (only one of these, more than 1 is overpowered)
  1. Kru is immune to buff immunity
  2. Kru's taunt is non-dispellable and his counter cannot be prevented when taunting
  3. Kru's Halt stun is non-dispellable
  4. Addition to Scarred: whenever a FO ally is defeated, Kru gains advantage for 1 turn and 40% defense until the end of the encounter
  5. Addition to Merciless Pursuit: Advantage cannot be prevented or dispelled on First Order Allies.

Replies

• Options
    I agree, he is good, but as the key antagonist I was hoping for a 'GK' effect.
    I have not seen any FO teams in my top 100 ladder, and GK is still used literally everywhere, what harm would a DS version of GK tank have caused.
    It is not much, just a tweak here and there and he could have been all he was supposed to be.
  • Options
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    I agree, he is good, but as the key antagonist I was hoping for a 'GK' effect.
    I have not seen any FO teams in my top 100 ladder, and GK is still used literally everywhere, what harm would a DS version of GK tank have caused.
    It is not much, just a tweak here and there and he could have been all he was supposed to be.

yeah i am all alone in even the top 50 with a FO team, luckily still able to take 1 on occasion but it requires 100% commitment to the First Order to do so
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest I hope first order gets a bit of help but I don't want to see it coming through reworking krum. I would prefer to see a few new characters to give them a stronger roster including at least one event character.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it would totally suck if the best DS tank would be FO instead of empire.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    it would totally suck if the best DS tank would be FO instead of empire.

Hmmm, yeah I agree here too, maybe a KRU buff to GK lvl and then a whopping CLS quality DS tank that soloes everything naked with 5 zeta
  • Options
    I think he is good enough. I think a non dispellable taunt would be OP for him as he would be doing that every 2 turns. The FO could potentially have your whole team locked down with stuns in short time. I think the problem with KRU is they haven’t released Hux or Snoke to compliment his kit. Unfortunately I see no clues at all if these characters will be added to the game. TLJ is almost 3 months old now.

As for Kenobi, he’s just an OP tank compared to other tanks. You really can’t compare any tank to him as all other tanks cannot come close to what he can do.

I am currently running FO in arena. I dropped my JTR team for them. I fall just as far with FO as I did with JTR but I have an easier time on offense with FO.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I am currently running FO in arena. I dropped my JTR team for them. I fall just as far with FO as I did with JTR but I have an easier time on offense with FO.

Shut the front door, are you serious?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Lol. Yes. With a 2* FOE nonetheless.
  • Options

FO do amazing on offense, they can beat down any team outside of JTR once you get FOSF, and then people have issues when battling FO cuz they are hard to figure out how to beat.

It also depends on how many JTR are in your shard imo