FOST or FOSFTP for BB-8 event?

Phasma (lead), Kylo, FOTP and FOO are almost ready, but I doubt between FO StormTrooper (which I haven't farmed) or FO Special Forces Tie Pilot (whom I'm farming, alongside his ship).
Should I stick to FOSFTP or change to FOST to get BB-8?

Replies

• Options
    Most people went with FOST, because:
    1) He was available for longer
    2) FO needs at least one tank

The first reason is irrelevant for you, but the second one is. FOST is a given in any FO lineup you could run. So, if you ever plan on using them in anything other than the BB8 event, make the switch.
    However, if your plan is to get BB8 and bench them, FOSFTF is fine. A fine toon and a great ship to have.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    definately go with FOSFTP, FOST will take way too long to farm.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • gnomorrojo
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    However, if your plan is to get BB8 and bench them, FOSFTF is fine. A fine toon and a great ship to have.

That's the idea. Thank you!
  • Options
    Kylo unmasked? He's a tank, he has a good moveset, he has a nice drop rate and his battle drops his ship's shards too (and the silencer is very strong as well). I don't know if with "Kylo" you mean Kylo unmasked, but I'm quite regretting all the effort to 7* FOST now that he's almost 7*
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Kylo unmasked? He's a tank, he has a good moveset, he has a nice drop rate and his battle drops his ship's shards too (and the silencer is very strong as well). I don't know if with "Kylo" you mean Kylo unmasked, but I'm quite regretting all the effort to 7* FOST now that he's almost 7*

My guild leader is an FO fanatic, has pretty much all of them at gear 12 with all zetas (except executioner, and he's just waiting for him to be farmable, and he's at 11). According to him, ideal lineup includes both KRU and FOST.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »

My guild leader is an FO fanatic, has pretty much all of them at gear 12 with all zetas (except executioner, and he's just waiting for him to be farmable, and he's at 11). According to him, ideal lineup includes both KRU and FOST.

Uhmmm interesting, I'm looking for an ideal lineup for bb8 without wasting too much gear and credits on them. Who should I keep out? Phasma? KRU (L), FOTP, FOST, Kylo, Foo?
  • Options
    BB8 event is pretty easy. Just get one FO leader and 4 other FO toons to gear 9, and you're good to go. A zeta on masked Kylo seals the deal. I was talking ideal arena lineup for them.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Two very different things being discussed here. First of all, kru lead is way better than phasma if you can get him. Second, fost is way better in any lineup; however, he’s a very difficult farm. Only 2 hard nodes until you get the last one on light side 9. Fosftp is much faster since he’s in two shipments now. I would probably kru since you get his ship on the same node and his ship is awesome, then go kru lead, foo, fotp, phasma, and Ren for the bb8 event. That’s going to be quickest.

Now if you plan on using them for arena, the ideal lineup is kru, fost, foo, fotp or executioner, and Kylo Ren. FO is a great counter to the empire teams in arena right now. As long as your foo is faster than your opponents Vader, counting the plus speed from Vader’s skill and krus lead, your entire team goes first. Foo casts marching orders on Kylo Ren, Ren lashes out giving everyone else 25% tm, which fills their tm. Phasma and fosftp are the two odd ducks out so if you’re planning long term, you don’t want to invest to heavily in them.
  • Options
    KRU is easily farmable, has a good ship and is a good leader. FOs are good in all PvE. KRU can integrate a non-FO team as a standalone tank too. Now, I have zFOST gr 12 because I like FO and I recently integrated him in my Palp team along with ShT. He can cleanse before taunting, can counter and call an assist on each ability, so my Empire toon can hit more often. He also gives TM while using his special and gives defense up to the whole team.
    FOST is one of the best tank in this game imo. Under zKRU, he's almost unkillable.