[UPDATE] new wave of issues after hotfix

Bora
440 posts Member
Ironically, I didn't experience any issue till a few minutes ago (0900 GMT).
After the "hotfix" for some reason the game won't let me use my mobile connection to re-download the additional data, making it mandatory to use a Wi-Fi connection.
No, I didn't change any phone/app setting nor authorization and I run android oreo on a Sony Xperia xz1 compact so basically the latest OS on a pretty decent hardware.
The game always advised me to use Wi-Fi for large download, but also allowed to skip it and use mobile connection instead. That appears to be no longer the case, as I'm currently locked out of the game because I don't have an available Wi-Fi in the nearby.

Funny, as I have a flat 4g connection and therefore downloading 50 MB wouldn't be an issue.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone does have an idea on how to solve it?
Res non verba

Replies

• Options
    In my case if I got wi-fi enabled when trying to dowlnload via mobile connection, this game gets confused.
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    Ironically, I didn't experience any issue till a few minutes ago (0900 GMT).
    After the "hotfix" for some reason the game won't let me use my mobile connection to re-download the additional data, making it mandatory to use a Wi-Fi connection.
    No, I didn't change any phone/app setting nor authorization and I run android oreo on a Sony Xperia xz1 compact so basically the latest OS on a pretty decent hardware.
    The game always advised me to use Wi-Fi for large download, but also allowed to skip it and use mobile connection instead. That appears to be no longer the case, as I'm currently locked out of the game because I don't have an available Wi-Fi in the nearby.

Funny, as I have a flat 4g connection and therefore downloading 50 MB wouldn't be an issue.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone does have an idea on how to solve it?

Same Happened for me as well..Thankfully i had a wifi connection
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No I have never had it lock me out, but is did have to say ok multiple times for the download yesterday. The night time one I was on Wi-Fi

May want to report to <<Answers HQ>>
  • Options
    This is a “wave of issues”?
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Wi-fi is basically internet waves so yes :D
  • Options
    I think the battles are much slower now.
  • Options

After the update, speed is reset to "1X" in all modes. Just tap it twice to go back to "4X"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    They said the speed was reset, so you're probably at 1x speed, not on 2x or 4x (you can edit this)
  • Options
    I’ve changed to 4x but it just seems slower especially ships. Can we get 8x!!
  • Options
    There is definitely lag in ship battles.
  • Options
    I’ve changed to 4x but it just seems slower especially ships. Can we get 8x!!

K53Vwlo.gif
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Wave is:
    Deathrooper grenade makes sound even when sound is muted in game
    Ship heights are incorrect
    Ship battles have lag
    Reports of target lock not working correctly
    Character height readjustment- some smaller characters are forced to be hidden now (opposite of intention)
    Characters with same height will rotate position between waves
    Several players unable to update to new version
    Favorited characters that are unactivated showing up in battle team selection screen
    Chat screen issues
    Etc
    And it's only a partial update, the full Monty hasn't hit yet
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please submit suspected bugs and account issues to the official EA tech support Site Located at:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Galaxy-of-Heroes/ct-p/star-wars-en

You can also see the announcement for the new bug and support change here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/136649/where-to-post-bugs-and-issues#latest
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber