Looks like no new raid today

Prev1
Twi
209 posts Member
edited February 2018
App store notes make no mention of it. In game message about release of QOL update makes no mention of it.

And no info relased info about it at all since it was announced... wonder if it was a typo saying it was going to come out with the QOL update

Replies

• Options
    "Soon"
  • Options
    Days not even started yet in California. Relax.
  • Options
    ^right, it's only 3am in california.. geez
  • Options
    August!
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    "Soon"

You mean Soon™
  • Options
    Toqtamish wrote: »

What's your point? So you're saying they flew out the game changers to preview the raid and they will be releasing videos less than 12 hours before it is live?

Looks to me like it is delayed. Unless they plan on releasing GC videos same time as raid is live, in which case, why'd they have a special trip to preview then?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options

What's your point? So you're saying they flew out the game changers to preview the raid and they will be releasing videos less than 12 hours before it is live?

Looks to me like it is delayed. Unless they plan on releasing GC videos same time as raid is live, in which case, why'd they have a special trip to preview then?

You assume that the raid was the only reason they flew the GCs out there. Maybe (hopefully) there’s more going on than that.
  • Options
    We're not even getting Darth Sion or Visas Marr today, let alone the raid.
    So now March is month of the Sith?
  • Options
    Yeah wonder when the markee events will start
  • Options
    That would be a bummer!
  • Options
    They planned all along to release the information in patches. Which means the update was probably meant to come in patches as well. The first patch same with a lot of bugs - from people complaining about more crushes, to the DT sound bug, and I've lost count of how many others.
    Now, an I disappointed that the new content is delayed? Sure. I've been dying to get new information ever since the rush ahead post. But do I want it enough to ride getting the game crushed in the process? No. I'd rather wait until the devs make sure the new update is ready.
    And it won't take long. I remember the HAAT launch fiasco. They wouldn't have released a date (which doesn't leave them with any wiggle room) unless they were prepared for something like this to happen. It'll come out before the end of the week. So I'm being patient, and counting my Chewie shards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    who would have guessed? Surely not @TVF
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t know, with no info out on it my guess is two weeks... next patch
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

You assume that the raid was the only reason they flew the GCs out there. Maybe (hopefully) there’s more going on than that.

Yes: Sith Raid, Traya, Sith Trooper buff, Visas, Sion were the reason they went
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    4 am in California and you “guess no raid today”. Where did you get your info Madam Cleo? Give the day a chance to start lol. ( I know shes dead). Mayb use the blonde headed medium fake weirdo kid. P. S. All mediums are fake
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Sunod10 wrote: »
    4 am in California and you “guess no raid today”. Where did you get your info Madam Cleo? Give the day a chance to start lol. ( I know shes dead). Mayb use the blonde headed medium fake weirdo kid. P. S. All mediums are fake

Woah there. How about a spoiler alert next time...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I don't get all this hostility and sense of entitlement I'm reading on the forums today. "No raid today!!!" "Update won't let me sim GW, broken!!!" This is one of the few calm threads I'm perusing. If the update is delayed, it's delayed. If the raid isn't out today, it isn't out. Sion and Visas, both likely Sith Raid stars, won't be here today at any rate so a delay is okay.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I don't get all this hostility and sense of entitlement I'm reading on the forums today. "No raid today!!!" "Update won't let me sim GW, broken!!!" This is one of the few calm threads I'm perusing. If the update is delayed, it's delayed. If the raid isn't out today, it isn't out. Sion and Visas, both likely Sith Raid stars, won't be here today at any rate so a delay is okay.

All very true, I guess so much of this confusion and disappointment could have been avoided if EA/CG would confirm one way or the other. If the raid doesn’t come today, fine. But don’t let your stated release day come and patch notes get released without saying something about the missing content that was previously stated as being included.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get all this hostility and sense of entitlement I'm reading on the forums today.

Today?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Well it's early, so I'm not taking my victory lap yet.

And I still hope to be wrong.
  • Options
    If it truly is delayed, Im not suprised at all. Since they put the info out like 10 days ago I was wondering why drop the news with so much time before it releases. Then I realized they kinda promised a big update in February so they slated it for the LAST day of Feb. That says to me that they are trying their best to get it done but that they are pushing it back as far as possible. So now if it is delayed a little it makes sense cause it felt like they werent ready to drop this to begin with.
    But they could at least let the game changers drop the 2nd videos to appease people.
  • Options
    Twi wrote: »

All very true, I guess so much of this confusion and disappointment could have been avoided if EA/CG would confirm one way or the other. If the raid doesn’t come today, fine. But don’t let your stated release day come and patch notes get released without saying something about the missing content that was previously stated as being included.

It's still almost two hours before the workday starts for CG. To the extent you are looking for communication from them, you might want to wait until they are awake/at the office.
  • Options
    I doubt the raid will be available until they release info/videos. Probably won't be available until the reset later I'm guessing.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options

It's still almost two hours before the workday starts for CG. To the extent you are looking for communication from them, you might want to wait until they are awake/at the office.

I think a notice of delay or info the day of release is a poor communication move. That’s what I’m trying to say
  • Options

I think a notice of delay or info the day of release is a poor communication move. That’s what I’m trying to say

A noticed of delay? They said the new raid will be available with the "2/28" Qol update; and today is the 28th. There is no delay, everything is right on schedule :wink:
  • Options
    Aren't the YouTube videos basically a trailer for what's to come? If so, I don't see the sense in releasing those same day as raid update when people can just open the game to see for themselves. I've never watched a trailer for a movie while I'm watching the movie or afterwards lol
  • Options
    Rojas wrote: »

A noticed of delay? They said the new raid will be available with the "2/28" Qol update; and today is the 28th. There is no delay, everything is right on schedule :wink:

This. I'm sure everything is perfectly fine. It's CG & EA running the show here. What could possibly go wrong?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

You ask for patience and reasonable? No matter what happens today, even if QOL and Raid are released and every user gets a free 7 star C3PO, the reaction will be this:

giphy.gif
  • Options

You ask for patience and reasonable? No matter what happens today, even if QOL and Raid are released and every user gets a free 7 star C3PO, the reaction will be this:

giphy.gif

Yeah, some general discussion people invaded our peaceful sanctuary of off topic, lol
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Well it's early, so I'm not taking my victory lap yet.

And I still hope to be wrong.

Ok now I take my victory lap.

Unfortunately.