Territory Wars vs Territory Battles

I may be in the minority but I much prefer the TB over TW. I know it's cookie cutter and repetitive but hear me out.

Territory Wars isn't strategic it's simply brute strength and who has better toons and mods. And unless you are in a top 15 guild many times the mismatches make it so the winner is determined before the battles even start. Given the changes to take ties out of the equation the strategy is now further taken out. Making TW cookie cutter as well.

Territory Battles while simpllistic in nature allowed you to build factions and see progress and yet you could in most cases pick toons that interested you but with territory wars it's all about the hard to beat meta and the mods you have on them.

Let's make the wars interesting non meta. Find a way to put strategy in them. The the breaker change wasn't it. I know people weren't putting defense in but if you are down some 300 gear 12 characters how do you win?

Given the March calendar and the only 2 territory battles I think we can all see the focus is shifting to TW. And I for one don't think this is a postitive thing.

Replies

• Options
    I enjoy TB more simply cause you get much more currency from it.
  • Options
    TW is a meh. TB more rewarding :confused:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The TW/TB ratio has been the same for the past 2 months, there is no shifting focus.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    FYI, I just changed it up a little from "moved to correct sub forum" to leaving a comment, just trying to listen to feedback.

And fun fact:
    Jan - 3 TB, 6 TW
    Feb - 2 TB, 4 TW
    March - 2 TB, 4 TW

This would be a ratio of 1:2, hence my reason for saying the ratio has been the same and not the number. :smiley:
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    We get a big cool down between territory battles and territory wars...yet hey you just finished a TB you have 45 secs to decide if you want to do this TW.

And now with the banners for the win on first or second attempt it's all a mix of JTR CLS and FO. Maybe some empire. Very awe inspiring this is CG's version of the death star it's not inventive it's mindless.