QoL Gear Notifications

Fauztin
1332 posts Member
edited February 2018
This not in regards to Guild Chat notifying of members upgrading characters.

This is in regards to the red icon on the roster button flagging for equippable gear and upgradeable characters. It used to only flag for those reasons. Now, after the QoL update, it flags for any ability that can be upgraded.

I am NOT going to be upgrading everyone and their mothers’ leader abilities. This, to me, is an entirely pointless change. It would be one thing if it just tagged for qualifying zetas, but no, it’s for EVERY ability that can go up, so I get an instant “3+” icon as soon as I have 2 purple mats, or a handful of Omegas that I’m saving for a zeta.

There are a great many things about this update that I am personally not a fan of. Things that I think should have been left alone, things that were changed needlessly, and things that were in fact given a lower quality by these changes, such as this feature of flooding the roster notifications with no direct benefit. It quite directly hinders my ability to track when I can equip a new piece of gear.

(Oddly enough, when you go to the ships sub-room, the roster button on the side only has notifications for the old system: rarity upgrades and equipable gear. No flags for abilities from this screen, just in the main Cantina area.)

We’ve seen threads about the Favorites sorting, in-game position line-ups, Store Item info displays, new Sith content, and more. What are your thoughts on this specific function in the QoL update? Do you see a benefit or other mechanics that I cannot? Please share.
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne

Replies

• Options
    I agree with you, the ability upgrade counting as a notification is annoying
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t like the 3+ but I already had it on characters because I wasn’t going to promote everyone or equip every piece of gear. I’m kind of amazed there are people who didn’t have it all the time. I didn’t have it on ships before, though, and now I do, so that makes me sad.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Liath , I will say I do like the change to Ships Abilities now having the text “MAX” over fully upgraded abilities, and at one point in the past their abilities used to flag the Ships themselves in the roster screen. I forget when that changed and it became more difficult to track.

Thank you for pointing that out in this feature. It was another side that I had not considered, whether beneficial or not to the individual player.

(About not equipping everything, I usually upgrade everyone’s stars, but won’t level them up, thus not getting the gear notification. Credit crunch is too real for that.)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Yeah I've had it on characters for 99% of the time I've played the game, ships annoying cuz it's new, but I'll get used to it in a couple days
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Restrict notifications to favorites? A filtering alternative on the other hand would be legit.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Fauztin wrote: »

(About not equipping everything, I usually upgrade everyone’s stars, but won’t level them up, thus not getting the gear notification. Credit crunch is too real for that.)

I don't level everyone, but there are plenty of characters that I've had to or chosen to level to a point for various reasons, and don't want to equip all the gear they could have at that level. Like, I leveled my Phoenix to 80 so I could omega their uniques, but I am unwilling to give them a bunch of stun guns and whatnot. Characters I previously used on my arena team or on raid teams are level 85 so they can equip everything, but I'm not putting them all to g12.
  • Czertik
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly, updgrade notification for ships still not fixed, but they totaly screwed up chars upgrade - put back only info only for gear/* update.
    And fix lag.
    Mayby it is time to hire back original coders and fire cheap chinese which replaced them.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    +1 vote to reverting how the notification badge used to work.
  • River
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Please remove ability mat notifications! Or give us an option to turn them off.