New Members Join In Progress Raids?

From the notes:

“Raids: Fixed issue where players joining a guild can no longer attempt to join an in-progress raid.”

Is this saying there was a glitch and some people could join raids launched before they joined the guild and now they can’t? Or was it a glitch that people couldn’t join these raids and now they are able to? I don’t understand the wording here.

Replies

• Options
    Apparently it means now they can as I had someone join my guild and immediately violate the 24hr registration period on raid...
  • Options
    Apparently it means now they can as I had someone join my guild and immediately violate the 24hr registration period on raid...

Hmm, I just switched guilds and I’m ineligible to participate.
  • Xenith22
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yeah I was excited when that "fix" was announced as supposed to be part of the Sith Raid QoL update. But I guess the bug was some people were able to join and now they fixed it where no one can. Which seems colossally dumb IMHO. I mean I get the basic idea behind it is to prevent someone from being able to hop between alliances joining raids at the end and reaping rewards. But wouldn't even a simple 7-14 day active raid lockout upon joining an alliance be enough to prevent that? Heck even 30 days would be better than the current system if you want to be really strict. Why do we have to be permanently locked out of the in-progress raids?

I joined my young alliance over a month ago and they had already started the Tank Raid. Since the time that raid was launched many members have left (inactives kicked) and joined where we have a nice solid group that works together and is advancing together in the game, but there are only a handful of original members left and due to this stupid lockout no one else can join in this not even half completed event until it ends...

This just seems ludicrous that we can never join until its finished or else the alliance is forced to just waste the tickets and months of effort that went into it until this point... Is there a reason we can't have a reasonable timed lockout from when you join an alliance instead of this completely absurd permanent one?
  • Options
    Maybe one of the

No... Apparently, that guy joining raid on progress was the bug, lol... All fixed now