Sith or Rebels?

bhon18
28 posts Member
My current lineup is Chaze, Wiggs, Thrawn. I place top 30 most days. My question is; do i go with my heart and switch it out for an empire team of Ep, vader, thrawn, nihilus, and the bad@$$ sion? They have relatively the same squad power.

Replies

• Options
    Are you in a younger shard?

I assume so because these days, “Wiggs and Top 30” aren’t something we see.

I guess my point is, if you don’t switch now, you will probably have to soon.
  • bhon18
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Early Dec 17 shard. Was waiting for CLS and R2 before i switched out wiggs, but with this sith meta CLS may not do very well
  • bhon18
    28 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like for now rebels might be dead in the top 20 of most shards. My shard is 90% palp lead, is that a fair assumption?
  • Options
    @bhon18 hi. are you on my shard maybe? Have a look in your top10 for Laga, Groucho713, Narcasus or DasKleineDickeMädchen ;-)
  • Options
    bhon18 wrote: »
    My current lineup is Chaze, Wiggs, Thrawn. I place top 30 most days. My question is; do i go with my heart and switch it out for an empire team of Ep, vader, thrawn, nihilus, and the bad@$$ sion? They have relatively the same squad power.

Yes
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how sion does in arena. It take a a long time to get his special up and that makes him a top tier character.

He might be better after traya comes.
  • Options
    Huge meta shift in the game and in the Arena especially.

If you're not using JTR, R2, BB8, GK, Thrawn then you probably want to go some kind of Sith/Empire team.

The Rebels are over.
  • Options
    Sith now and forever
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    CLS still does well on offense, believe it or not. So I suggest you just get him when his event comes around, so you dont have to wait for his event ever again. Same goes for any other legendary, hero journey characters.

Right now investing in Sith is the better option of the two. In terms of arena. If you run Rebels you can win, but only if you have the raid Han and, preferably GK as well.

I am personally running CLS
    https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala

Teams with zzEP & G12 Sion full G12 Sith (no zeta), full G12 RJT(except GK, GK Old Ben or GK thrawn lineups), full G12 CLS teams(except GK), (CLS + R2 + mixture of raid han/thrawn/chaze/fulcrum/gk/old ben/storm han etc) , full G12 NS (except zombie), zTalzin or zAsajj lead.
    All these monster teams were beatable at least once in a while. The hardest opponent for me was not super fast sith teams but super fast rjt teams

And back to the question.
    First, your Sion's gear level and his zeta is the important factor. If he is G11 (G10) and has zeta your sith will do better, especially if there is no raid han or thrawn in the shard. If Sion is at G8, and your EP doesnt have his lead zeta, you should build the team up
    I don't see wedge lead teams without Han or R2 cleanse zeta or even thrawn reliably beating ezpz vader teams.
    The basic strategy is to stun vader first so he doesn't start the turnmeter gain train for his team, and hammer down EP fast and preferably fracturing Sion.
    So if there's no Han your opponent have to endure watching the whole of your team going faster than his/hers. Plus if he also doesn't have cleanse zeta on R2, the debuffs will stick like forever. Even worse, if he also doens't have Thrawn, Sion will spread Pain, Vader will keep getting turns. Your opponent is going to have very bad times.
    But if the opponents have Han and Thrawn and some of them even have the R2 cleanse zeta, well you might still be beaten.
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on