Thoughts on "nerfing" characters

We all know that no characters will have have changes made to their kits to "nerf" them. It wouldn't make sense really because that would be a sort of punishment to players who worked hard for those powerful characters. Rather than "nerfing" characters, what I think is likely to happen, as even Ahnald has said in one of his videos, is the introduction to a raised level cap or a new gear level, which would include soft reworks on weaker characters. For example, general grievous has one of the highest health pools in the game at max level gear. Sometimes it's a change like that which makes a character better. Darth Maul has a great kit (aside from his leadership which was ruined by R2D2), but his health and protection just don't match up to that, and his damage is slowly becoming lackluster as well because of the new characters being added, that could be changed with a new gear level or maximum character/player level increase. So once the powercreep grows to be a bit too much, I feel that's what's most likely to happen to fix the issues we have, rather than nerfing some of the most powerful characters in the game

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    We all know that no characters will have have changes made to their kits to "nerf" them.........

If only that was true. They do nerf characters.
    Bariss twice
    Poe and Yoda once
    Nute 2 or 3 time
    And I am sure there are others I am forgetting.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    And I am sure there are others I am forgetting.

Vader got nerfed. So did kylo.