Raid difficulty description inaccurate

Can you please get some play testing done when writing the "intended for" descriptions? Get your play testers to use actual guild rosters duplicated from the live server so they can understand real guild limitations.

I had to start the sith raid without waiting for online feedback due to real life responsibilities and had to trust the information provided.

Tier VI
Intended for:
level 85
Gear level XI
Mk IV - Mk V Mods
Some Zeta Abilities
Guild size >45

Rewards G12.

That's my guild summarised. We have SOME G12 but are predominantly G11, we have SOME Zeta abilities. We're 85. We float in the 45 to 50 guild member range.

I just had to abandon because we only have 3 Jedi Training Rey teams in the guild and barely scratched Nihilus over 2 days. The morale drop in guild was disastrous. People didn't even bother attacking on day 2 and our chat participation has been the lowest I've seen in months.

The 140 to 150 million boss HP per phase or whatever it is is not aimed at G11 guilds. The free test tickets you provided were wasted on an impossible task and contributed to negative guild morale.

Update the intended for description or actually balance it for G11 please. Also, target guild GP per raid tier would really help guild leaders target the correct tier.

The effort and resource input to reward output is also unbalanced by this too. If you want G12 drops you already need multiple G12 equipped teams in order to complete a raid targeted at G11?

I now need to decide if we drop to T4 (Rancor level rewards) or T5 (Tank level rewards). We're clearing both at heroic but based on T6 and how poorly described and balanced the effort to reward ratio is, I don't know if T5 is too hard.

I understand new content needs to be super hard so the whale guilds have a challenge. I understand the top tier content is not aimed at my guild. I think providing multiple difficulty and reward tiers is an appropriate approach and think adding lower tiers to the AAT would be nice for lower level new guilds.

Please try to make the descriptions better, add an expected GP and try to balance the effort and resource input to the reward output.

Replies

  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The same thing happened when they launched... they never adjusted heroic, but they did tune down tier 6 quite a bit a d handed out free gear (after about 2 months)
  • Oh, I remember... My guild was grinding through the super hard version NAAT and had to decide between abandoning the current one wasting all our efforts or abandon & start the nerfed version. Abandon for nerfed version was the way to go. This raid though, they already have multiple tiers. They can keep it stupidly difficult if they want, just change the descriptions and balance the rewards. Give the whales their content and their game breaking new Sith character and give everyone else appropriate content.

    I do fear for arena when Traya appears.
  • Hepatox
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Tier IV
    Intended for:
    4-Star characters
    Level 70
    Gear Level VIII

    Abandoned our Tier VI for the above. Did some minor calculations, a guild mate attacked with a G12 Jedi Training Rey, BB-8, R2-D2, G11 Resistance Trooper, and G10 Scavenger Rey. Only managed about 10% of phase 1. Crunched some numbers based on the scores we had logged, phase 1 was looking to be around 62,450,000 HP.

    How the hell are 4* lvl 70 G8 teams meant to do 62,450,000 damage. A high gear JTRey team, 3 characters arena modded only managed 10%.

    Then, at the end of it all, we're only going to get Rancor tier rewards, but without the Han Solo shards. Balancing fail.

    Edit because I typo'd the gear level.
  • I have come to the conclusion that this is by design. For one reason only. To give the wallet guilds a sufficient head start. After Traya begins unlocking at the very top they will dial it back to where it likely should be.
    Maybe I am wrong. But I doubt it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Modulous wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion that this is by design. For one reason only. To give the wallet guilds a sufficient head start. After Traya begins unlocking at the very top they will dial it back to where it likely should be.
    Maybe I am wrong. But I doubt it.

    yeah, you are wrong, but thats ok. a lot of top guilds are all saying its difficult.
  • ScoPi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    yeah, you are wrong, but thats ok. a lot of top guilds are all saying its difficult.

    I realize as a moderator you put up with a lot of baloney. I've done the job on a regional site and I commend you for spending your free time doing this effort. That being said, returning this tone when people are frustrated is rarely helpful.

    The game is designed to make money. It's a business and we get that. The game is also designed to reward people who spend. It's again a business and we get that. To infer that this raid is geared to encourage the spenders is rather logical, and in fact normal for a business to do. VIP tickets and Backstage passes always cost more, right?

    So when someone makes a comment out of frustration that is grounded in a lot of logical truth, it can't help to just poke the bear and move along like nothing happened.

    He is wrong, Kyno is right. Your being obtuse, and there are tiers like rancor, no reason to cry, and no reason to claim conspiracies at every turn.
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    there are tiers like rancor

    Tiers are irrelevant when only Heroic Tier would give the shards he's referencing. It's still completely logical to believe the tiers are skewed towards creating a reward gap between spending guilds and non-spending guilds.

    And regardless of right or wrong, the tone is still the issue to me and it's definitely not helpful.

  • Lol now your imagining a tone, wow.

  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Lol now your imagining a tone, wow.

    Yeah, you are wrong, and that's okay.
  • ScoPi wrote: »
    Lol now your imagining a tone, wow.

    Yeah, you are wrong, and that's okay.

    ^^^^^
  • Saetet
    212 posts Member
    They most definitely need to be fixed/updated to reflect what you “actually “need to get it done or at the very least, participate without throwing your phone.
    And then there were pants...
  • Hepatox
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Wow. We finished a T4 yesterday. That horrible multiple day grind of a raid targeted at level 70 G8 characters spat out low amounts of Rancor rarity rewards but without the Han shards.

    The effort to reward rate is so unbalanced one of my best officers believes the pointless grind for pointless rewards instills so much negativity into our guild members that it would be better to forego the raid than auto it.

    They better nerf the raid difficulty in the lower tiers like crazy, it's nice new content but it's completely unapproachable for non-whales.

    Make T7 whale guild only, it took my guild over a year to farm ourselves HAAT status. TB has exponentially increasing score requirements so only whale guilds can max star it, but the event itself is approachable with worthwhile rewards for lower GP guilds. Scale down the lower raid tiers so they're approachable to lower GP guilds and increase the rewards proportional to the time and effort investment.

    If we can start a heroic Rancor for less raid tokens, solo it with one team in about 12 minutes, it really undermines what you get out of the multi day full guild grind that is a T4 Sith raid. Improving your arena team for better arena rewards and buying shipment gear would be a better investment than the Sith raid.
  • Modulous wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion that this is by design. For one reason only. To give the wallet guilds a sufficient head start. After Traya begins unlocking at the very top they will dial it back to where it likely should be.
    Maybe I am wrong. But I doubt it.

    I’m in a VERY active 126m+ GP guild (I have over 2.8m GP myself) and it still sucks. We abandoned T6 raid after 5 days.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    there are tiers like rancor, no reason to cry, and no reason to claim conspiracies at every turn.

    Effort vs reward just don’t meet here. The rewards from non-heroic raids have always been horrible, non-rewarding.

    Games are supposed to be fun and feel rewarding for the time spent playing them. This isn’t fun or rewarding.

    We have 4 JTRs in the guild, guess if we move to tier V for even less rewards?
  • Naw wrote: »
    there are tiers like rancor, no reason to cry, and no reason to claim conspiracies at every turn.

    Effort vs reward just don’t meet here. The rewards from non-heroic raids have always been horrible, non-rewarding.

    Games are supposed to be fun and feel rewarding for the time spent playing them. This isn’t fun or rewarding.

    We have 4 JTRs in the guild, guess if we move to tier V for even less rewards?

    Might have too, however I'm sure that as things progress here and new squad comps are figured out, that higher tiers will be easier to handle. Much better to have a challenge and a goal then to simply waltz in and clear it on auto , kinda defeats the purpose of a new raid if it's beatable on the spot no?
  • Not suprised to see GT defending what anyone with online gaming experience can see is total ****.

    What will happend is this:
    1) guilds will simply stop doing the raid, its annoying, overtuned, not fun and does not reward even remotly for what it requires, especially since everyone is playing low tier because the high tier requires whale status.
    Unused raid is useless content for the game, its that simple.

    2)Designers will adjust to the reception about it and make adjustments along with updating requirements page (that is a blantant total lie atm) call it WAI and pretend nothing went wrong, This will proably happend once the guilds they rely on to make promo videos and bring attention to community has unlocked the raid char.

    3) The raid will find a decent balance like the other two have now, coded content will be used.

    If anyone actually believes the situation is good now they must be taking some pretty decent pills, unused content is not good, raid descriptions that are completely incorrect compound the problem. Increased frustration in the larger population is not great especially in times where quality of life changes are still the things that bring people back to the game, adding more multiday content is not.

    So either you can believe the "all is well, follow the leader" comments here by the same people always making them or you can look at how games, especially ea games that require mass ammount of players to make money (cranky players do not spend cash) always have handled their balancing and then simply see where it is heading.

  • Hepatox wrote: »
    Tier IV
    Intended for:
    4-Star characters
    Level 70
    Gear Level VIII

    Abandoned our Tier VI for the above. Did some minor calculations, a guild mate attacked with a G12 Jedi Training Rey, BB-8, R2-D2, G11 Resistance Trooper, and G10 Scavenger Rey. Only managed about 10% of phase 1. Crunched some numbers based on the scores we had logged, phase 1 was looking to be around 62,450,000 HP.

    How the hell are 4* lvl 70 G8 teams meant to do 62,450,000 damage. A high gear JTRey team, 3 characters arena modded only managed 10%.

    Then, at the end of it all, we're only going to get Rancor tier rewards, but without the Han Solo shards. Balancing fail.

    Edit because I typo'd the gear level.

    I've been wondering this too as I've had similar experience. If you send such a high power team I'd expect to do 50% of the phase if not solo the phase based on tier 4 description. It seems a guild just meeting those requirements would take 1-2 months to complete the entire raid, and that assumes they remain highly motivated for the duration.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Or maybe a top end team is only supposed to take like 2% of a phase because this is supposed to be a raid that takes everyone's participation.

    10% when your chars exceed the recommended sounds right to me

    Sounds like this raid is fine to me.

    Perhaps the only things that need changing are P1 and the rewards. Maaaaybe
Sign In or Register to comment.