economy is completely broken

The economy in the game is broken. I have spent several hundred a month since release which is more on this game then all other games I have played COMBINED. I do up to 200 gem refreshes on energy and cantina every day. Have cleared gw everyday since release except once.

So what do I have to show for all the $$$ I have spent? 22 characters that I cannot promote because the economy is horrendous. $10 on a credits data card to promote to 7* - are you @#$/^ kidding? This game RNGs you to death every chance it gets, and when DO spend $$ to help your situation, CG RNGs you to death again. Credit rewards are so bad you can't call them laughable.

Just spent 400 energy trying to roll for stupid mk iii stun cuffs - got ZERO. This game is ridiculous.
--Nud Stark--

Replies

• Options
    You are not forced to spend real money. If you think that you are paying too much for what you get in return, just stop wasting your Money.
  • Options
    I agree with both posts. Lol. It's a rip off but you don't have to feed them.
  • Options
    CG/EA actually making some coin on a game that is pretty much still in beta is impresive. There is a LOT to balance in this game and I don't think they even know where to start. Focusing on new characters makes people happy so they do that and slowly address issues on the side.
  • Options
    rosigod wrote: »
    You are not forced to spend real money. If you think that you are paying too much for what you get in return, just stop wasting your Money.

That's my plan. The point of the post is if they fix the economy, I will keep spending money.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    The thing is I really doubt it is going to change anytime soon. They are making way too much money right now. Why would they do something to the game that would make them less money? If anything it will just get worse, especially when the level cap is raised.
  • Options
    Once the cap is raised all non whales will be in deep trouble. Credit costs will go through the roof, GW will get exponentially harder(especially as it seems they haven't fixed the matchmaking bugs), and small spenders, f2p, will fall farther and farther behind. The only fix is greater sources of credits, or decreasing level upgrade costs.
  • Options
    Once the cap is raised all non whales will be in deep trouble. Credit costs will go through the roof, GW will get exponentially harder(especially as it seems they haven't fixed the matchmaking bugs), and small spenders, f2p, will fall farther and farther behind. The only fix is greater sources of credits, or decreasing level upgrade costs.

Exactly. Agree 100%
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • dreamer05
    139 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

This! This is exactly right. I spend money here and there, but not that much. Coming up I have 3 characters about to promote to 7* and I'm going to have to spend a ton of money if I want enough credits. People here complain about a lot of things that are just nitpikcy, but credits are a real problem. 600 crystals for 500k credits? Seriously?! There is no real way to farm good money in this game.

And just to add.... I mean if people are surprised with how much this game likes to screw its players out of money without putting out that much content, you've clearly never played an EA game. They seriously could not care less about their players. See The Sims, Sim City. $40 per Sims expansion that provides content that is barely worth $10, and content packs with a handful of items for $20. I don't normally hold grudges against game companies (I even forgave Sony), but EA is quite overwhelmingly the most greedy, money grabbing gaming company that has ever existed. Combine that with the fact that they couldn't care less about what their player base wants. Ok EA rant over. :smiley:
  • Options
    dreamer05 wrote: »
    but EA is quite overwhelmingly the most greedy, money grabbing gaming company that has ever existed

They are a for profit company. However ... they charge NOTHING to play. They don't even make you watch ads! How is that greedy? You choose to spend your money you wanted to. Don't blame the seller that gives you away to get it free, blame the buyer for being careless with their money.
  • Options
    but EA is quite overwhelmingly the most greedy, money grabbing gaming company that has ever existed

They are a for profit company. However ... they charge NOTHING to play. They don't even make you watch ads! How is that greedy? You choose to spend your money you wanted to. Don't blame the seller that gives you away to get it free, blame the buyer for being careless with their money.

Devs need to get paid. Without a doubt. I am concerned with power creep, and a tightening of the screws on anyone who doesn't spend hundreds.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Exactly. Agree 100%

QFT.
  • Options

Clearly you didn't read my post. I spend money on the game, but as the OP and many others are saying, it will be getting to a point that you have to spend hundreds of dollars just to keep up in this game. There are literally thousands of "for-profit" companies (which is self-redundant) that put out free games that do allow in-game purchases, but provide a lot more for your money. EA knows that there are people that will blow hundreds of dollars to get ahead, so they don't really care how much content they provide for our money. I'm not saying the devs don't deserve to get paid, or that they aren't doing an amazing job, but EA has a long track record of being greedy with content.