We just had a troll solo our Rancor.

Stenun
851 posts Member
A new player joined our Guild a couple of days ago.

Great, we thought, new members are always welcome!
We launched our Rancor 7 at the scheduled time and he completed all by himself even though we posted several times in chat asking people to go easy for the first 24 hours to allow all members to get on the damage table. He solo-killed it less than two hours after it was summoned.

I've already kicked him out.

Is there anything else I can do? Is he still going to get the rewards?

Replies

• Options
    He won't get the Rewards, and there is nothing you can do sadly.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    At least he won't get the rewards, that's something. Thank you.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Underage users can't read chat so it's possible he couldn't read it. Either way just move on and forget about it. Nothing can be done.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As long as you kicked him within an hour or completion he didnt get rewards...
    I'm not sure what "go easy" means. You either have a 0 dmg period or you don't. That seems to be the issue to me. Stating the rules better might help.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Why has this been moved to Feedback?? I'm not giving any Feedback about the game at all!
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    His name seems to have changed on the damage table and now I'm worrying if I kicked the wrong person.

Grrr.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Once he is kicked, his name will appear as the default name Mol Eliza.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Once he is kicked, his name will appear as the default name Mol Eliza.

OK, thank you. :-)
  • Options
    "Less than 2 hours" would be considered "going easy" by a very large portion of players. Most can finish it in under 10 minutes on auto. I'd suggest having a 24 hour 0 damage hold in place to avoid confusing situations like this.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, everyone.

I just want to clarify that I haven't bothered regurgitating all our Guild rules explicitly here in this thread. I didn't see the need to go into the minutiae of it all, just give an impression of how badly this troll broke our rules and annoyed us.
    e.g. of course we have more clearly stated rules than "go easy on it" and yes, these rules were stated several times in the lead up to the summoning :smile:
  • Options
    Fair enough. Sorry that someone did that. From my experience whenever you allow a random person into your guild, chances are very high they will not be able to follow any of your rules. Seems there's also a chance they could be a malicious individual as well.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    IIRC, forum rules say I'm not allowed to name the perpetrator, yes?

Which is a shame, really. Because I reckon if Guild Officers were allowed to create a list of players who have done this sort of thing before, it might help cut down on the behaviour in future.

Maybe the Devs can do something to stop this? Maybe an option for Officers to limit how much damage people are allowed to do in a Raid and then any further damage isn't recorded?
    So I could start a new Rancor 7 and select the option to limit people to, for example, 500,000 damage for a certain amount of time. Then anyone who is in a fight and would have dealt 500,001 damage gets a little pop-up telling them they're at the limit and any further damage they do won't be recorded for now.
    Then, after 24 hours, an Officer could remove the restriction.

*shrugs* Just an idea. However I don't know if the initial problem is widespread enough for something like this to be worth the time or effort it would take to implement.
  • Options
    Sounds like you were training the Rancor underneath Jabba The Hutt’s Palace, and he was defeated by a one mechanical handed Jedi Master. You already fed him to the Sarlacc Pit, no need to banish him to the Outer Rim Planets. Let go of your anger before it consumes you; or else you’ll truly be lost to the Darkside of the Force.
  • potsy
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Not had that happen in our guild thankfully, but we are clearing out all those that continue to ignore the zero damage period.

Another 2 did it today and were kicked after several warnings.

Annoying but at least some of your guild mates had time to get their zero in.