Sion New Meta - How to beat w/ Phoenix?!

Hey there Guys! (:

After Sion has become the new meta, i wanted to ask you how to counter this tank at level 55. I have no problem with NS, but this freakin' tank is so anoying as PS, i cant get past him. Any good tactic to win against him with phoenix? The team im struggling against is the following:

Replies

• Options
    Taunt with chopper use ezra to call hera or zeb to assist on sion, take out sion first then daze dooku and take him out then rest?
  • Options
    Ye Phoenix is rock simple to play. You either max the damage by sending Ezra and Hera continuously, or you play thr chain stun game, calling all assists in Zeb. If neither works, you cant win, get a different team yourself or attack different teams.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I dont see them beating sion later on. Probably you can win once in a while yet due to low level of sion but soon he will be unbeatable.
  • Options
    Whatever you do, don't stop farming Phoenix until they are all 7 star- gear 8. They are the perfect team to farm for beginners, as they set you up for Thrawn, Palpatine and I guess R2D2 with the two free 7 star empire toons. It might be frustrating in the arena right now, but be patient. They set you up for a lot of great things ahead.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    What about at max gear/level, how do you beat him? Burn him first or the others on a palp team? I have 3 7* g12 Sions in my top 50 already.
  • Options
    Phoenix really drops off hard around 55 on up, especially now with the meta revolving heavily around the dark side. I would still highly suggest you continue farming them until they're all maxed at 7* and able to beat EP/Thrawn at 7*.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix really drops off hard around 55 on up, especially now with the meta revolving heavily around the dark side. I would still highly suggest you continue farming them until they're all maxed at 7* and able to beat EP/Thrawn at 7*.

They are one of the better teams in P2 of the new raid. They are unkillable. Take out Chop and use both Ezra and Sabine and they can rock it.
  • Options
    The most debatable better option would be to get your phoenix squad all to 5 stars, and then switch over to empire with palp and thrawn at 5 stars. You won't be getting thrawn at 7 stars till close to max level anyways.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    What about at max gear/level, how do you beat him? Burn him first or the others on a palp team? I have 3 7* g12 Sions in my top 50 already.
    My Titans team has had no problems with him. Han stuns Vader so their tm machine doesn't get running, and from there my team easily out-speeds the rest, since everybody else is naturally slow. Luke puts buff immunity over Sith Trooper/GK, Thrawn fractures Sion before he can do anything. Kill Palpatine first. From there I'd prefer to kill Nihilus, Sion, Vader, then ST/GK, but sometimes I knock over GK early to get rid of the crit immunity, or one of the tanks gets a taunt up and makes me deal with them early. Doesn't matter though, taking care of Palpatine quickly and not letting Nihilus get a fast start on reducing Annihilate's cooldown makes the fight easy.