Poe vs Han

I'm about to start farming for one of these but I'm not sure which to go for. With the team I'm planning on using, 3 of them or all 4 will be faster than Poe so that would make his taunt then pointless wouldn't it?
Whereas Han would also go last but then he grants all allies TM and even more when hit so they call all go again very soon after he taunts. He has much less HP and speed, but with the rest of my team being faster than Poe as well, I think it makes more sense to go for Han.
This is what I think about them and any help would be highly appreciated. I've never used either so I could be wholly wrong as to how it will work out

Replies

• Options
    FWIW, I use Han but haven't used Poe.

Poe's more about slowing down the other team and protecting your high damage dealers while Han is about speeding up your team. Han's only OK as an actual tank. So there's a subtle difference there that may or may not matter depending on your team.

My understanding is the general consensus is that Poe is better because the teams he works in the best just happen to work better than teams where Han is better. Poe gives an earlier turn meter advantage in a meta where speed is very important.

Who you would farm instead of these two might make a difference, too. They can be farmed concurrently, so it's possible to get them both.
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One thing I have noticed about Poe. If I have QGJ lead. QGJ will go directly after Poe taunts. Maybe 1 in 10 times QGJ will fail to rip the taunt off of Poe. So Poe becomes almost useless for the other team, except as a buff for the rest of my team's turn 2.

Chewbacca is actually more of a pain for my QGJ led team, believe it or not. I have to wait for 3 of my other toons to go before I can detaunt him. By then he's burned down to the point that QG just kills him and my team doesn't get a buff. I know that's weird and you probably never want to run him, but that has been my experience lately.

I think Royal guard is best now, but he's not an easy farm.
  • Options
    Scinful wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed about Poe. If I have QGJ lead. QGJ will go directly after Poe taunts. Maybe 1 in 10 times QGJ will fail to rip the taunt off of Poe. So Poe becomes almost useless for the other team, except as a buff for my team in turn 2.

Chewbacca is actually more of a pain for my QGJ led team, believe it or not. I have to wait for 3 of my other toons to go before I can detaunt him. By then he's burned down to the point that QG just kills him and my team doesn't get a buff. I know that's weird and you probably never want to run him, but that has been my experience lately.
    Wouldn't qgj as lead go before Poe though? I think he'd only go straight after Poe if he isn't lead. As lead he has 160 speed
  • Options
    His second turn is directly after Poe taunts. Which is convenient for QGj. Assist, taunt rip and buff, assist again.
  • Options
    I'd say go for Poe, unless it's in a Rebel team behind Ackbar. Those teams are lackluster without a good Leia though.

Poe all the way, unless you hold a 6/7-star Leia, imo. And then, only in a team with an Ackbar lead.
  • Options
    They are both worth having. I am currently taking Han from 4 to 5 and Poe from 6 to 7. I use Poe for my Arena offense droid team, but both for GW. It is really nice to have two taunters that you can sacrifice during those hellish battles where you need someone to take the brunt of damage
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I use Stormtrooper Han. His ability to get you extra attacks with other characters is the key to winning battles you would have otherwise lost. Your set up sounds similar to mine, where I have 2 speeds, 3 turn meter pushers, 2 assists and one healer (there is overlap in the categories.) He goes after my fast attacks, gets hit...sometimes even one-shotted, but pushes my turn meters in the process allowing for a trade-off of Han for 2-3 of their guys. If the heal comes before he's dead then I can make up to 4 times the attacks my opponent does. He's good for the set-up your talking about, for sure.
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just finished 6* staring my Han and getting him gear 8 and lvl 70 today so I decided to take him for a spin. Wrecked a Poe(L), sid, lumi, dooku, luke team. Granted this is not an optimal Poe team but I'll try him a few more times to see how he is. I used him with QGJ (L), Lumi, Kylo, and Phasma. QGJ broke Poe's taunt, Lumi kept Han alive, Phasma and Han where boosting turns. It worked out pretty well in this case.

With the way things are going I think a viable lvl 80 team could use Han. QGJ's leader skill will apply to all allies. Han is getting a speed boost in the next gear level. QGJ (L), Poe/Han, Lumi/Baris, and 2 canons (GS,86,Leia,FOTP...) might be pretty solid in the near future. Especially if there is a health balance to prevent OHKO's in that update as well.
  • Options
    I just finished 6* staring my Han and getting him gear 8 and lvl 70 today so I decided to take him for a spin. Wrecked a Poe(L), sid, lumi, dooku, luke team. Granted this is not an optimal Poe team but I'll try him a few more times to see how he is. I used him with QGJ (L), Lumi, Kylo, and Phasma. QGJ broke Poe's taunt, Lumi kept Han alive, Phasma and Han where boosting turns. It worked out pretty well in this case.

With the way things are going I think a viable lvl 80 team could use Han. QGJ's leader skill will apply to all allies. Han is getting a speed boost in the next gear level. QGJ (L), Poe/Han, Lumi/Baris, and 2 canons (GS,86,Leia,FOTP...) might be pretty solid in the near future. Especially if there is a health balance to prevent OHKO's in that update as well.

I think qgjs boost will only
    Apply from the level 90 cap and not now, because now it's on level 6 still so it might not reach level 8 til passed level 80.

But still, I want Han. I think I can utilize the fact that he's slower to maximize his TM gains. I've decided to farm him instead of Poe. And I can then re-focus on daka again for cantina.
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

Apply from the level 90 cap and not now, because now it's on level 6 still so it might not reach level 8 til passed level 80.

But still, I want Han. I think I can utilize the fact that he's slower to maximize his TM gains. I've decided to farm him instead of Poe. And I can then re-focus on daka again for cantina.

Datamine info says he'll get it at lvl 80. Of course that data could be wrong.
  • Options

Ahh alright thanks. There's also a chance they'd change their idea on that as his level 8 though. I think if you had one guy who could speed everyone up then he'd be leader on every single team and it might kill the game off. So they could rethink that before we get there. Personally I'm happier if he only raises Jedi speed. Still allows for diversity.
  • Options
    Ahh alright thanks. There's also a chance they'd change their idea on that as his level 8 though. I think if you had one guy who could speed everyone up then he'd be leader on every single team and it might kill the game off. So they could rethink that before we get there. Personally I'm happier if he only raises Jedi speed. Still allows for diversity.

Yeah, I think there is no chance of his speed leadership working for everyone when the time comes around... it would be game-breaking.. One viable leader for literally every team in Arena, QGJ, what a fun and genius idea
  • Options
    For what it's worth. I am F2P, started right near launch, so I'm on an old server with lots of whales. I float in 20s and 30s for Arena rank. I have made it as high as 15. And it's all because of ST Han. Combine him with Poggle, and you take a lot of team by surprise. The turn meter manipulation between him and Phasma can turn battles against even the best teams.
  • Options
    I'll eventually farm ST Han over Poe. He's a quicker farm. Only issue is that I have a few other toons to target in Arena first.
  • Options

The data mining that I've seen says its level 82 or 84, so not the next level cap, but as you said, can't be sure til it's in the game, and I'm pretty sure they will change it, or we will see only one leader for the entire game in arena
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader